BuzzerBeater Forums

BB Global (English) > taking advantage of the mismatch.

taking advantage of the mismatch.

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
31707.19 in reply to 31707.17
Date: 5/19/2008 3:25:17 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
see real game - no team play with 230cm players on G ....

This Post:
31707.20 in reply to 31707.19
Date: 5/19/2008 3:34:18 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
finish your thought did not understand

You got to know when to hold em, know when to fold em, Know when to walk away and know when to run. You never count your money when youre sittin at the table. Therell be time enough for countin when the dealins done.
This Post:
31707.21 in reply to 31707.20
Date: 5/19/2008 4:37:11 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
so the height should be more important than is now?

Tall players should be better on rebounding during a match?

Small ones on Handling?

How I will get these while there is no height mentioned on draft? Do you really want to have a pretty tall or pretty small players very expensive? And impotence on Handling (tall ones) or Rebounding (small ones)?

I even see the best center - height 230cm, all time great potential drafted at his 18 yo

ucatchable guy I think

Last edited by Iordanou at 5/19/2008 4:44:14 AM

This Post:
31707.22 in reply to 31707.21
Date: 5/19/2008 8:30:00 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
i am saying that tall players who are inside scorers and are playing inside should have a slight advantage against small players because they can get there shot off, and smaller players who are quicker should have an advantage in run and gun or similar styles. Garnett or Duncan cant guard Iverson or Kobe. It also work the opposite way as well. I don't know why it cant be implemented into the game that i have players with 10 inches on there opponent and cant score or grab rebounds. Here or there you can have an exception but not on a regular bases.

You got to know when to hold em, know when to fold em, Know when to walk away and know when to run. You never count your money when youre sittin at the table. Therell be time enough for countin when the dealins done.
This Post:
31707.23 in reply to 31707.22
Date: 5/19/2008 8:36:58 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
I totally understand from where comes your arguments and they are logical, but you should to think even about the real affect to a game (this game) - see my previous post, there are an affects

This Post:
31707.24 in reply to 31707.23
Date: 5/19/2008 8:54:41 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
actually this tread is a waste of discussion.
one can look at it from 2 diffrent positions. BB had to choose 1, and chose the easiest for the users.
the skill a player has already takes into account the height, period.

if they would have chosen the other option, then a center who is 2m11 would have pitiful rebounding for a skill, where he now has inept. Every player we know now, would have other skills. Smaaler players' outside skills would be lower, tall players' inside skills would be lower. The performance on the field would be the very same as it is now. So what is the point of the argument? There will be no diffrence! Only the players might look less good than they look now.

They are not your friends; they dispise you. I am the only one you can count on. Trust me.
This Post:
31707.25 in reply to 31707.24
Date: 5/19/2008 9:02:57 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
There are still mismatches that you can take advantage of. They are just skill mismatches not height mismatches. It actually makes scouting more difficult because you can only guess at an opponent's skill from previous performances but can see the height on their player page.

This Post:
31707.26 in reply to 31707.22
Date: 5/19/2008 9:40:00 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
I fully understand what is your point and i agree that it could be nice if height was a factor in order to gain some advantage. But in my opinion your mistake -as i see at all your posts- is that you bring as examples RL players and situations.

All these sport simulation games no matter how much they want to be as in RL they cant be. And there is no reason to be, we are talking about a game and some things have to be unique or "wrong" compared to RL.

This Post:
31707.27 in reply to 31707.26
Date: 5/19/2008 10:10:15 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
I don't disagree with that. I have also asked if it is a programming issue then it should be posted. The problem i have is that if there is no way to have height mismatches then you can get 5 great players and throw them on the court and play a zone defense and find a offensive system for them to work. There needs to be some level of discrepancy. maybe add weight to the game so you can see if the guy look like Shaq or Garnett. That way you know the guy is slow or fat or athletic. Then the height mismatch would not be as important.

This Post:
31707.28 in reply to 31707.27
Date: 5/19/2008 10:27:16 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
hi at all...
i followed this diskusion a few days but i think this is kinda stupid discusion because they are not going to change the game...!
u cant argue with the rl BB cause a game doesnt even comes close to it.
look at all manager games none of them is realistik... cause there are so many things that can happen which u cant creat in a game. so i think they solved this probs very good, the most ppl still have lots of fun with this game and they try to get it as close as they can to the real live..

*hope my english is good enough so u can understand all of it ;) *

greetz

This Post:
31707.29 in reply to 31707.22
Date: 5/19/2008 11:24:16 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
i am saying that tall players who are inside scorers and are playing inside should have a slight advantage against small players because they can get there shot off, and smaller players who are quicker should have an advantage in run and gun or similar styles. Garnett or Duncan cant guard Iverson or Kobe. It also work the opposite way as well. I don't know why it cant be implemented into the game that i have players with 10 inches on there opponent and cant score or grab rebounds. Here or there you can have an exception but not on a regular bases.

Except that Garnett and Duncan are world class inside scorers. So they're hard toguard based on their skill. You'd be surprised how much easier it is to guard a C who can trip over his own feet.

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."
Advertisement