This Post:
323477.19 in reply to 323477.17
Date: 04/17/2024 13:51:47
Coos Bay Cougars
IV.14
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Central Town Chihuahuas
I can tell you from years of U21 training and managing, that the "skill cap" posted in here is not accurate/how it works. Dozens of 7-8 potential U21 players have surpassed that 13+ skill mark without any training speed decrease. The USA U21 NT had a 8 potential player well above that mark and he still hit 121 tsp by the end of his 21-year-old season.

Cool i edited the first post for anyone finding this thread late. Appreciate the correction.

The doctor is in...
This Post:
323477.20 in reply to 323477.2
Date: 04/21/2024 05:47:36
Woodbridge Wreckers
DBA Pro A
Overall Posts Rated:
You would be wise to verify anything your sources claim. Spreading false information like this (stated as researched facts) is not helping anyone. If you want to start a discussion to find out things that's fine, but make it clear you have no idea if it's actually true. You should stick with statements from BB's or data that shows a statistical significant relation, and possibly some experienced users that do thorough research. Just because someone says something on the Discord channel doesn't make it true. There are many there that just blabber anything that sounds nice in their heads, in fact some of the most loud persons there are full of crap.

Also your usage of the term "soft cap" for when training slows down for any reason is very confusing. "Soft cap" has always had a very specific meaning for a player that reaches his potential cap and having his training slowed down significantly because of that, before hitting what used to be called a hard cap, but has since been found to be 3 levels of decreasing training speed as linked to here and confirmed by BB-Justin.

(With 67 BSP being the highest BSP ever seen.)

This is false by a significant margin.

2nd is training above their GSP or BSP height cap

Where did you even get this from and what data do you have that supports this claim?

This Post:
323477.21 in reply to 323477.20
Date: 04/21/2024 12:21:23
Coos Bay Cougars
IV.14
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Central Town Chihuahuas
My friend I am happy to write a big disclaimer in the first post of this thread.

This is just a game my friend. No need to be harsh.

I hope I have never implied these training ideas to be fact. If I have I apologize. This is just the incredible knowledge on training I felt like I have really valued and have written down since I started playing in season 16. Some of the ideas may need to be adjusted some maybe discarded. That's what putting these out there is meant to do. Fine-tuning.

Could you take the time to write out the exact BSP that is possible? Please be specific, that what this thread is for.

You can call it misinformation, but there is a huge chasm of knowledge you need to have to be good at this game. I am somewhere in that learning curve. I have never held myself up as guru or omnipotent. If you and the BBs want to dictate how everyone is to play the game that is fine man. If a layman comes by and has thoughts that's fine too.

If you would like to add. Be kind. Be Instructive. Be inclusive.

As for the height soft cap calculation it was given to me by a long term manager through the discord. His support for the data was that it was his estimation, of a rule of thumb he found for making builds that ensured quicker training by not training players too big or too small for the role. I will see if I can get more specific data. From our conversation it appears to be the difference in how many weeks to takes to train 30 GSP in a 6'6" guy versus 30 GSP in a 6'10" guy.

The doctor is in...
This Post:
323477.22 in reply to 323477.21
Date: 04/22/2024 04:24:51
Woodbridge Wreckers
DBA Pro A
Overall Posts Rated:
Thanks for adjusting. Do you see the risk of others reading your guide thinking it contains researched facts, and start telling other managers about how things work based on what they read from you, which is just based on what you heard from others, who knows how they got their info or just made it up? And that's not even accounting for chinese whispers, which seems to be the case with your soft cap based on height. The way I read it, this manager is just saying height influences training speed of different skills, which is supported by research data. However, I know of no data that shows there is a cap for a certain level of skills that influence this. The influence of height is always there. Maybe it is confused with compounding factors like age or the potential limits, but those are independent factors.

Also I have no idea what exact BSP is possible, I only know I've personally seen higher BSP than 67. I have no data to support the idea that the number I know is a maximum, so why would I or anyone claim it as such just because you haven't seen any higher?

There has been plenty of research done and published (ie (229484.1)), I don't see how adding a confusing guide of your own helps anything. Just add or ask to the topics that exist already. By adding more stuff you make it more confusing and harder to find good info for others.

This Post:
323477.23 in reply to 323477.22
Date: 04/27/2024 14:32:45
Zafra Lions
IV.48
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Dunk Pacers
When you say "accelerates", are you meaning that you have to train that ability and it will raise with higher %?

I founded this guide (in spanish) and i think is only general.

https://i.ibb.co/F6FjzWQ/Entrenos-subidas-totales-y-secundarias-por-semana.png

Last edited by Sr. Malisimo at 04/27/2024 14:33:22

This Post:
323477.24 in reply to 323477.23
Date: 04/28/2024 20:23:51
Coos Bay Cougars
IV.14
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Central Town Chihuahuas
When you say "accelerates", are you meaning that you have to train that ability and it will raise with higher %?

I founded this guide (in spanish) and i think is only general.

https://i.ibb.co/F6FjzWQ/Entrenos-subidas-totales-y-secundarias-por-semana.png

If are you referring to the elastic portion then yes. If your training outside defense then if you have HA > OD. Then yes it will accelerate OD training compared to if HA was equal to OD.

For example, if I am training Outside Defense then I can see the effect of Handling is (+0.0332).
This means the handling will increase the speed of Outside defense. More specifically, for each level of
handling above outside defense you get a 3.3% increase in training (estimated).

The doctor is in...