Show messages by
This Post:
324274.20 in reply to 324274.19
Date: 06/20/2024 05:49:46
BabiliOksijen
III.1
Overall Posts Rated:
Thanks a lot to everyone offering help.

Since i have drafted him i am being pressured to sell him. I don't want to sell him.

This Post:
324274.22 in reply to 324274.21
Date: 06/20/2024 06:58:58
BabiliOksijen
III.1
Overall Posts Rated:
Most wise thing was of course sell him immeadietly and invest to the team. But i like to develop young players from FM to 2K franchise modes. After more then 10 years i attempted to try this game again and named the team with my son and drafted Ersin. So i see this as his luck and i don't want to sell him. But oh boy i have been bombarded with PMs non stop after drafting him.

I have downgraded training centre. Put some youngsters to list. Bought a big time veteran pg for 20k to fill my salary. I am gonna tweak salaries a little bit and buy another high salary veteran for center.

Now i am on the hunt to replace trainers. Then i will be on positive balance weekly and if i can sell 2-3 youngsters i can invest to arena immeadietly.

thanks again to everyone.

This Post:
324274.27 in reply to 324274.26
Date: 06/24/2024 07:58:14
BabiliOksijen
III.1
Overall Posts Rated:
I would like to thank everyone again for all the help. It is wholesome to see community acting that way and i hope i can follow same suit when i get more knowledge about game.

I am almost breaking even with scouting back up to 10k, 250k cash reserves and an arena expansion underway. I have sold 2 of my youngsters with a profit as well as new draftee. I have bought another cheap 18 year old mvp and a 50k salary veteran. I am going to add one more cheap mvp 18 years old and a 35k salary veteran as a big man to fill out my salary. I will use my cash reserve for small back to back upgrades to arena while trying not to overbuild then save up for training centre.

Drafting Ersin kept me playing the game. I was drifting away from the game with a week long absence and even forgot the draft. When i saw him it made me excited to keep playing and i feel like i am hooked this time. At first i considered selling after all the insistence, to give the best possible player to the national team. But after a NT member offered me to give tips about the game on the condition of selling him i decided to not bow down.

I will put Ersin at first week and the current state below. You guys tell me if he is getting wasted on my hands.

Ersin Güngörmez

Weekly salary: $ 3 294
Role: draws a paycheck

DMI: 0
Height: 6'5" / 196 cm
Potential: all-time great
Game Shape: respectable (7)
Jump Shot: respectable (7) Jump Range: inept (4)
Outside Def.: respectable (7) Handling: respectable (7)
Driving: average (6) Passing: respectable (7)
Inside Shot: respectable (7) Inside Def.: mediocre (5)
Rebounding: pitiful (2) Shot Blocking: mediocre (5)
Stamina: pitiful (2) Free Throw: atrocious (1)

Experience: atrocious (1) TSP: 57 (38 + 19)

Ersin Güngörmez (53041951)Bookmark this playerTransfer History and Notable EventssharePoint Guard

Owner:
BabiliOksijen

Weekly salary: $ 6 622
Role: regular starter

DMI: 16700
Height: 6'5" / 196 cm
Potential: all-time great
Game Shape: mediocre (5)
Jump Shot: proficient (9) Jump Range: inept (4)
Outside Def.: strong (8) Handling: sensational (12)
Driving: tremendous (13) ↑ Passing: strong (8)
Inside Shot: prominent (10) ↑ Inside Def.: mediocre (5)
Rebounding: pitiful (2) Shot Blocking: mediocre (5)
Stamina: pitiful (2) Free Throw: atrocious (1)

Experience: pitiful (2) TSP: 76 (54 + 22)

This Post:
324274.28 in reply to 324274.27
Date: 06/25/2024 05:51:31
Johns Creek Wave
IV.27
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Holly Springs Haggis
It looks as though you have done a good job of training him, although I'm not the most knowledgeable player

I can speak from experience on drafting good players. I have had the luck of drafting 3 HOF players. The first one was in season 34, a couple of seasons after I came back to the game. I sold him for 5 million and it allowed me to completely build out my stadium. It's probably the best thing I ever did. Unfortunately, the player did not develop that great. He kicked around for 20 seasons, but never reached his potential.

There is a cruel reality about really good players. They cost a lot of money. If you don't have the infrastructure to support the high salary, you will always be stressed financially. I have never been able to promote out of D3. And you really can't afford 100k players at that level. And if they get injured, you are really in trouble.

The other thing is they are more valuable when they are young. I sold the best player I ever developed earlier this year for 100k. I'm sure that his salary was the reason people didn't want to pay more. OTOH, I've sold flawed 21 year olds that went for more than 1 million.

I can understand the sentiment on not selling the player. But building out the stadium is the first priority a manager should have. And while you are spending money on trainers and trainees, you will not have enough to significantly build out that stadium. If you are having trouble now, what will happen when his salary hits 100k?

Congratulations on having a son. I think it's neat that you named your team after him. Good luck in the future!

Last edited by Gaillimh at 06/25/2024 05:52:42

This Post:
324274.29 in reply to 324274.27
Date: 06/25/2024 08:03:51
Isca Centurions
EBBL
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Dartmoor Pumas
That is an incredible draft pick, if you'd sold him he would have been worth $2-3m easy (maybe more). One of the best you can get, very nice!

A player like that ideally needed level 6+ trainers because he had the potential to be one of the best players in BB. So it's a shame he won't reach his absolute maximum potential. But you were right in what you did, it's your player and you should play the game the way that gives you the most enjoyment.

You're doing a good job training him, he's still going to be a great player, probably a NT player. I don't think his salary is ever going to be a problem - he'll have a very affordable salary for at least 3-4 more seasons, possibly longer, and by then he should be good enough to help you promote. Even if you never get out of III, you would have the option of being a "farm" and putting all your salary into that one player.

It sounds like you're making good progress now, continue what you are doing!