Help - English > Extr scrimmage

Extr scrimmage

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
41431.19 in reply to 41431.11
Date: 8/12/2008 11:48:41 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
srry, im new to the game, I was wondering if you got any money from playing scrimmages or is it just there to get experience? Thanks.

This Post:
41431.21 in reply to 41431.18
Date: 8/13/2008 4:34:40 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
thanks alot... this was the kind off answer i was expecting to get and not just something along the lines, it is like it is because it is like that :) you overexceeded my expectation in answering my question so thanks alot for spending the time on answering my question.

If thats the reasoning behind 5th place loosing out and BB wont change it in the near future, than you are right, it is up to me not to end 5th :) I am a team in building and lost the last so many games on purpose to get a better draft position. Coming season I will try and end in the relegation playoff zone. Good draft choices and the extra training should make it worthwhile...

Again thanks for the info and good luck for you in season 6.

This Post:
41431.22 in reply to 41431.21
Date: 8/13/2008 1:38:29 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
you're welcome.

and thanks, I'll need it!

They are not your friends; they dispise you. I am the only one you can count on. Trust me.
This Post:
41431.23 in reply to 41431.1
Date: 8/14/2008 5:18:30 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
It is a design conflict.

If they followed real life, few teams would be involved in the later stages of the playoffs. IRL, once a team is eliminated from the playoffs, their fans focus on other things, like baseball. Most basketball fans don't know whether the Lakers or Spurs won the NBA championship this year.

But in a game like BB, this could be disastrous. If someone goes a week or two without participating, they get out of the habit. They might skip a week during the season, and suddenly realize it was actually two weeks.

Originally, BB didn't have any arranged scrimmages. This meant that 5th and 8th place teams would go 3 weeks with only one game per week. This was considered especially unfair since the 6th and 7th place teams might get 3 games, and often with no risk of relegation. The Saturday scrimmage partially makes up for this, and for most team makes an identifiable off-season, without having owners getting out of the habit of logging in.

Currently the 6 non-finalists only miss one game. It would probably be fairer to switch the relegation playoffs to a single game. This would mean that 4 of the bottom 8 would miss a single game, and 4 would miss two games, but always have two games per week.