Help - English > PR-Manager

PR-Manager

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
155171.2 in reply to 155171.1
Date: 8/25/2010 5:34:54 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Well some people don't believe that they are that helpful considering you have to pay them more and more each week. But from my experience I can tell you that my merchandise sales have gone up quite sufficently.

This Post:
155171.3 in reply to 155171.2
Date: 8/25/2010 7:41:33 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I hired a level 3 PR manager in DV, and saw only tiny gradual increases to merchandising profit. The additional salary was greater than the return and resulted in a small drain on my economy. Shortly after promoting to DIV, I decided to downgrade to a level 2 PR manager. Although I see a tiny gradual decrease in merchandising profits, the lower salary has earned me a modest savings.

Napkin math tells me that I will have sustainable savings for several seasons despite the continued drops to merchandising profit. It also tells me that it would take until the end of time for a PR manager to result in an increase of merchandising profits to an amount that at least covers his own salary. That is unless the increases scale greatly with some other factor such as base merchandising profit or PR manager level. That doesn't even take into account the time to pay back the investments racked up before the break even point.

Apart from the specialty, I suspect a PR manager would only be truly valuable in stimulating ticket sales for an expensive team that is suffering after promotion, etc. I hope others will share any different experiences.

This Post:
155171.4 in reply to 155171.1
Date: 8/25/2010 10:09:09 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
If it works off percentages, i would imagine a better PR manager would be more useful for a larger stadium or more base merch sales.

If it works mainly to improve the feeling of the people that attend/watch it is possible that it still has a % increase just on the view of the team. Perhaps it is a benefit to say average teams in a bigger league to give that extra 1-2% of merch/stadium sales.

These are all guesses. Would prefer someone who knew a bit more on the subject.

This Post:
155171.5 in reply to 155171.4
Date: 8/25/2010 10:22:22 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Thanks for the responses. So, if I am in a division III league and I'm an average team, would it be worthwhile for me to upgrade at PR-Manager? (I currently have have one with minimal skill level, but I can't say it's been hurting me.)

This Post:
155171.6 in reply to 155171.3
Date: 8/25/2010 10:39:01 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I was talking about my experience so you might not have the same experience. All I am saying is that the PR-Manager has help me merchandise sales.

This Post:
155171.7 in reply to 155171.6
Date: 9/5/2010 3:27:08 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
if i have a 22000 seat stadium and i am in div 2,do i need a pr manager.if yes,wat level should he be

This Post:
155171.8 in reply to 155171.7
Date: 9/5/2010 6:14:31 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
There are only 2 reasons why I would suggest higher than PR 1. The first would be to obtain a specialty which is the same influence at level 2 as it is at 7. The second reason would be as a risky investment to increase merchandising profits.

You are a Div 2 team which I guess would already increase your base merchandising profits by a lot. I am curious about a couple of things if you don't mind sharing. What are your merchandising profits now, and also what kind of impact have you observed since you hired Mantvilas Chovanas during all star week? If you have a lot of merchandising profits then it seems reasonable to me that a high level PR manager could possibly become profitable for you. The PR manager's influence is a mystery though, so it is just as possible that it will lose you a lot of money.

What is known, is that you would expect to see a greater benefit from a PR if you needed to stimulate ticket sales. Although you have open seats, you probably don't need anything to increase ticket sales, since you already have the 2nd best attendance in your league. I don't think it is possible to increase your sales far beyond the league average, or at least I have not seen this in any of the leagues I have inspected. Based on a quick glance at your standings I'm going to assume odds are against your promoting, but if you think you have a chance then I would hold off on making this decision until after playoffs.

Edit: Simplythebest, I think this also applies to your question although your situation is a bit different. Your arena is small, and you are already maxing it out. You don't need a PR manager to fill seats, I think I would focus on expanding arena. This is all just my opinion though of course.

Last edited by bonespawn at 9/5/2010 6:31:47 PM

This Post:
155171.9 in reply to 155171.8
Date: 9/6/2010 11:08:36 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
my merchandise profit is 45k.second there is not much impact since i bought him.

ps:why is against odds for me to promote to div 1.pls explain me.tq

This Post:
155171.10 in reply to 155171.9
Date: 9/6/2010 2:02:07 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Again, no one can make a great prediction because there is just not enough info available. With that said... If you were to buy a PR 3 with close to 8k starting salary for a decent price, and assuming PR manager influence is calculated as a percentage of base merchandising profits, and assuming that my very small sample is a good representation of the range of increases, and assuming that there is not an increase cap, and assuming there are no other crazy things going on, I think it would be a worthwhile investment that you could profit from in as quickly as your second season.

The obvious problem with making a suggestion like this is the huge lack of data, and this could easily cost you a lot of money as well. One thing is for sure, in almost no way can I estimate this resulting in a profit during your first season. Unless you feel like taking a risk and experimenting for multiple seasons, I really don't recommend buying anything higher than a PR 2 for the specialty. I have no idea what to say about higher level PR managers influence because I haven't ever seen any data on them. The most I have seen are just people saying, "yeah they are nice and make me money" with no specific data to validate that or understand the actual effects.

I only assume that odds are against you promoting this season because according to your league standings you are currently 5th ranked overall. Odds are usually against a lower ranked team in the playoffs. Sorry, I tried to be clear that this was only an assumption based on your standing.

This Post:
155171.11 in reply to 155171.10
Date: 9/6/2010 2:27:24 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
lolz.thanks for ur help.but u are sure right that pr manager help to sell more seats

This Post:
155171.12 in reply to 155171.10
Date: 9/6/2010 2:27:29 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
lolz.thanks for ur help.but u are sure right that pr manager help to sell more seats

Advertisement