Suggestions > Suggestion: Revamp the Forum Layout

Suggestion: Revamp the Forum Layout

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
166486.2 in reply to 166486.1
Date: 12/18/2010 4:50:15 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I come from this group and play on that other site. As said, I spend little to no time with that game but talk about Buzzerbeater on their forums because of the navigation. I spend a lot more time playing BB (looking for players, tactics, coachparrot, etc) than the other one, but can barely stand using the forums here because of the setup. I think it needs to have a much more traditional forum layout. I love the game, but feel like users are frustrated and don't communicate on these boards as much as they would if the layout was changed.

+1 to the OP.

This Post:
166486.3 in reply to 166486.2
Date: 12/18/2010 6:18:14 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
If you want incentive... a revamped forum might help with the user turnover issue. I think this game is amazing and feel that the turnover problem might be the result of people not giving the game a shot. I'm from the aforementioned football MMORPG and was the person who introduced quite a few people to the game. At that time, I wasn't big into the game. I liked the game a lot, but it's not a time extensive game. You can set your line ups once a week and sufficiently manage. I basically did just that iirc. What might help is if it's made easier to navigate. Increasing forum activity could help as well. Maybe create a general discussion section and a world sports section where people from every country can converge and talk (if it doesn't end up working, then it can be scrapped). I'd say that 50% or more of the user base on the football MMORPG do not play the actual game; most of the user base just posts on the forum. That game is expensive and it's not fun. This game is both fun and free - or very affordable if you purchase supporter.

There are some neat features with this forum. I like how you can link players, teams, etc. After some trial and tribulations I'm okay with the forum, but it's not easy to like it.

This Post:
166486.5 in reply to 166486.4
Date: 12/19/2010 3:10:21 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I am from this game that everyone is talking about an honestly this games forum needs a lot of work. If you want an idea on how the forum on that game is organized just go to goallineblitz.com . I am on this game more then I am that, but I go on their forum regularly since its a pretty decent forum. Its easy for people to communicate with each other as a whole on the forum and its easily accessible. A forum like that would mean a big overhaul for the forum on this game but I honestly think it would keep more users who sign up for this site. At a first glance this games forum looks confusing and as a new owner they want to ask questions and sometimes probably dont even know where to go to do that without getting criticized.

This Post:
166486.6 in reply to 166486.5
Date: 12/27/2010 11:07:28 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
This just being in the suggestions forum itself is an issue, barely anyone knows where it is.

The greatest of all time.

This Post:
166486.8 in reply to 166486.7
Date: 1/2/2011 4:19:56 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Basically, the same. Forums are very difficult to navigate, difficult to find threads that you've posted in mere hours before (by 'difficult', I mean "not instantaneous" - which for most forums they are).
Definitely not an intuitive layout.

http://with-malice.com/ - The half-crazed ramblings of a Lakers fanatic in Japan
This Post:
166486.9 in reply to 166486.8
Date: 1/9/2011 5:23:03 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Oh yeah, and remove the BuzzerBeater twitter if you're not updating it either.

The greatest of all time.

This Post:
166486.10 in reply to 166486.9
Date: 1/11/2011 1:08:06 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
I used to play aforementioned football game, and loved their forums. I used to play a different basketball game and only go on their forums now, but there are probably 20 of us that just post stuff there instead of these forums. After being here for a year, Ive gotten used to this setup, but a simpler one would be way better.