BuzzerBeater Forums

Help - English > How to train my young guys.

How to train my young guys.

Set priority
Show messages by

This Post:
234356.3 in reply to 234356.2
Date: 1/8/2013 9:08:38 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Thanks!
I have 7-8 trainees I care about. But again, my team is really young and I like it so as I just have two players older than 22. I know I won't win this season or the next one, but I am building this to be competitive in the long term.
My trainer is a level 6 (exceptional). I could not afford a level 7..

This Post:
234356.6 in reply to 234356.4
Date: 1/8/2013 3:19:45 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
So... There are two options in dealing with young talent:

1) Do focused training where you end up with fewer but better trained players. Develop two Perennial All-Star potential (or better) trainees using primarily single-position training. Then have a third, lower priority/potential player that may not always get full training. You'll get two U21/NT caliber players and a good back-up out of this plan.

2) Do less focused training where you end up with more, but not as good over-all players. Develop five or six Star potential (or better) trainees using two-position training. The sixth (possibly also the fifth) trainee (lower potential) will not always get prime training. You'll end up with 6 D4-D3 starters of which you'll probably sell at least 2 or 3 for decent prices.

Both kinds of strategies can work with different kinds of trainers. You might want to check out the Training Simulator I made with the data from the BB-Training Project. (229484.1) It could help you plot out the consequences of training different numbers of players with the different kinds of trainings.

Last edited by rhyminsimon at 1/8/2013 3:21:41 PM

Join the official USA offsite forum for helper tools, camaraderie and advice! (http://s3.zetaboards.com/BuzzerBeater_USA_NT/index/) – Builder of the Training Simulator: (229484.1) – Former host of the Golden Clam Invitational (http://www.buzzerbeater.com/community/fedoverview.aspx?fe...)