Help - English > How To Stop ...

How To Stop ...

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
246477.2 in reply to 246477.1
Date: 8/13/2013 6:38:55 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
How do you stop/slow down a team playing Run and gun ?

Have guys with higher OD, or use 3-2 zone.

Is playing Run and Gun a good mehod to outscore your oppenent if they are LI dominant team ?

If a team isn't built well enough for an offense, the offense is will be a failure. If your team is a built well enough for a particular offense, and your defense can withstand/stop the opposing scorers, then yes.

How many minutes a week should my trainee get ?

48:00 minutes exactly is enough for 100% training. The lowest amount of minutes I would train for 1-position is about 40-42 minutes.

Im nervous to play TIE because I am afriad that I will lose a away games and it will take away from my attendance , could I play TIE during only home games and let my enthusiasm build gradually ?

If you have games that you are sure to win or lose, then those are the best games to TIE. I used to be afraid of playing TIE, but now sometimes I can't stop! :)

If I play each player on my team 48-60 minutes per week , in 3 weeks shouldnt my whole tem have a game shape rating of atleast strong-proficient while not training GS ?

In theory, yes. Unfortunately, some players needs more than 60 minutes a week to stay in good GS. For example, Player A might only need 48-60 minutes per week to have 8-9 GS. Player B might also get 48-60 minutes per week, but only have 7 GS. It's somewhat of a random factor, and can be a bit annoying, but usually 48-60 minutes does the trick.

This Post:
246477.3 in reply to 246477.2
Date: 8/13/2013 9:49:10 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
It's my theory on slowing down the RnG to not only have a decent group of players with OD, but also have inside players with higher rebound/passing. if your bigs can prevent their likely inferior bigs from getting the rebounds and funneling out 2nd chance opportunities. Part of running a RnG is staying lower in the FG% department as a team, so if you shoot 40/90 and the inside team has 48/90, you need to make 8 3's or have a lot more FT's made to just stay level. If the perimeter team gains 8 more opportunities, the chances are that the perimeter team will at least be equal at that point. If you the inside team manages to reduce their offensive rebounds, the opposite tends to work.

This Post:
246477.4 in reply to 246477.1
Date: 8/14/2013 4:25:16 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
How do you stop/slow down a team playing Run and gun ?

3-2 gives you a very good outside defence, but you should still try to outrebound your opponent.

Is playing Run and Gun a good mehod to outscore your oppenent if they are LI dominant team ?

that really depends on more than the tactic. many would argue that LI is too dominant at the moment. but there are reports of strong SB bigs you show promising results against LI. getting run and gun to work against a good outside defence is very difficult because you need very good shooters which is expensive. but this is just the word which is spread here in the forums.

i would say it is not the most common way at the moment but it may be possible

How many minutes a week should my trainee get ?

48mins on the position you want to train him and then ~12mins as a backup. he will have a good GS

Im nervous to play TIE because I am afriad that I will lose a away games and it will take away from my attendance , could I play TIE during only home games and let my enthusiasm build gradually ?

sounds good. you will learn to manage your ties with the time. some teams are just to strong and others very easy to beat. in both cases you TIE. but as you recognized it is very important to win away games

If I play each player on my team 48-60 minutes per week , in 3 weeks shouldnt my whole tem have a game shape rating of atleast strong-proficient while not training GS ?

yes. just never train GS

Last edited by jonte at 8/14/2013 4:26:04 AM

This Post:
246477.5 in reply to 246477.4
Date: 8/14/2013 8:52:22 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Thank you for the answers ,they helped me alot