BuzzerBeater Forums

Bugs, bugs, bugs > Strictly follow depth chart trumped by garbage time.

Strictly follow depth chart trumped by garbage time.

Set priority
Show messages by

This Post:
249245.2 in reply to 249245.1
Date: 9/28/2013 9:42:57 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Yeah, because you dressed more than 9 players.

This Post:
249245.3 in reply to 249245.1
Date: 9/28/2013 10:06:37 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
(62626098)

I had Busby as my starting center, backup, and reserve but when the game went to garbage time he was replaced by Davila. This was despite the fact that I had it on strictly follow depth chart.

To add to the previous answer, when the game reaches garbage time, the coach looks to substitute every starter possible to the bench. If you have 10 or more dressed, all of the starters will come out (unless one is at the FT line when garbage time hits, in which case he'll come out at the next opportunity). For the best chance of getting 48 minutes at a single position, you can dress a maximum of nine players, and each of the four bench players should be the backup and reserve for one of the other four positions. In that scenario, you have your best bet of getting 48, though of course it's still not guaranteed - if your SF is on the line when garbage time starts, your backup SF will replace the guy you want to get 48 instead until the next stoppage, and occasionally very late in the fourth the guy will get subbed out anyhow in a massive blowout.