This Post:
272674.2 in reply to 272674.1
Date: 8/9/2015 8:14:18 AM
TrenseRI
III.2
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
ChiLeaders
While I understand your frustration, I have to say that this result is not as impossible as it looks. There are several reasons for this:

1. Any game in BB has a random factor. This random factor will sometimes pull the game in one way so much that it might provide a much weaker team a victory. In this case, with two similarly strong teams (yes, I consider you two to be similar!), it gave the other team the extra punch it needed in the first three quarters.

2. It isn't all random (or luck) too. You know that HCA is important. You know the extra effort is important too. Combined? They are mostly insurmountable in matches with teams of similar strength.

3. His guards may not have high salary but they might have some key skills that allow them to shine in this specific tactic. However, this is the only part of the match which I find dubious too. While the guards offensive success may be explained in part by the first two points, I feel that the guards can often give an unfair advantage in a inside based tactic. It is truly something to consider when analyzing this GE and planning the next iteration, so we will definitely try to check that aspect then. Only then will I be able to say if that is a real problem or not.

I hope I managed to clear this up a little at least.

This Post:
272674.3 in reply to 272674.1
Date: 8/10/2015 9:44:58 AM
Overall Posts Rated:

This was a game I fancied my chances of winning, yet it instead ended up being a blow-out victory for them that only looks close due to the fourth quarter. Kobe Resurgents may have two gun bigmen, but none of their other starters have any reason to have played the way they did tonight. My PG tonight has 20 OD and 125 TSP, and the SG 19 OD and 117 TSP. Their PG has a salary of 48k and the SG 40k, nowhere near enough to be better than my guards regardless of what skills distribution they might have.

In addition to what Marin said, I looked at the baskets Ĺ atulis scored and saw:
dunk, driving layup, dunk, "switches hands mid-air on the way to the basket", alley-oop, inside shot, dunk, fade-away

OD might not be the only defensive skill to consider in this case, then.

This Post:
272674.4 in reply to 272674.1
Date: 8/11/2015 4:01:07 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
It isn't bug, it isn't even close to bad luck. BBstats were 140 vs 134 (You were better), but it's very small difference (one sublevel in every statistic). And we have to remember that stats of opponent were decreased in Q4 because of garbage time and worse players on court. So we can assume that before garbage time opponent's BBstats were at least the same as Yours or even better.
Similar BBstats + HCA + more effort in most cases means victory.
It isn't easy to win first game in season when it's away match. GS is the same, enthusiasm the same (and in most cases lower than in next games) and therefore HCA has bigger effect than in further part of season.

This Post:
272674.5 in reply to 272674.3
Date: 8/12/2015 9:01:14 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
i think what you are trying to say is:

no Shot block

:)