BuzzerBeater Forums

BB Global (English) > Season 37: New salaries and more competitiveness!

Season 37: New salaries and more competitiveness!

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
283856.2 in reply to 283856.1
Date: 12/10/2016 17:22:49
Overall Posts Rated:
I'm not sure how the new promotion system is not the same as the Utopia system. Is it because of a division ranking vs conference position criteria for bot promoted teams?

Wouldn't it be better just to change the whole playoff-relegation format so that promotion is is based on the ko games? The thinking would be that 8 teams play the playoffs (and relegation) but seeding is done across conferences. The 2 guys getting in the Finals are going up and the losing team will get a smaller bonus.

Also no changes to the Prize money to account for more promotions?

This Post:
283856.4 in reply to 283856.3
Date: 12/10/2016 17:39:11
Overall Posts Rated:
And the new promotion system seems horrible to me.
I think the weak point of the promotion system is that whoever gets the best record automatically promotes.

This Post:
283856.6 in reply to 283856.4
Date: 12/10/2016 18:33:41
Durham Wasps
EBBL
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Sunderland Boilermakers
I don't mind two teams going up, though I don't like it. But having different rules for the two promoted teams is a very silly idea. I really have doubts about the people making decisions here because a lot of them are just silly. The only sensible way for two teams to promote is if its the two teams in the final. Either promote the top two regular season teams and do away with the playoffs (I'm kidding, that's a horrible idea) or promote the two finalists.

I simply can't comment on the salary changes because I'm too disappointed about being misled by the reason for it, which has been lost with the changes to the formulae for big men.

This Post:
283856.7 in reply to 283856.1
Date: 12/10/2016 18:39:32
Overall Posts Rated:
First, I like how many changes they are making. Not just 1 or sitting on their hands altogether.

Second, the link the the BB final game doesn't work in the news post.

This Post:
283856.10 in reply to 283856.9
Date: 12/10/2016 19:29:28
Syndicalists' BC
Naismith
Overall Posts Rated:
Thought a slight adjustment to salary for secondaries was fair, not a fan of seeing a stronger adjustment coming next year. I may have wasted the last 3 seasons training secondaries trying to build bigs for my princeton/patient team that could defend against LI.

And really not a fan of the promotion rules, or the boycott. The way I build a team is to build from the ground up, compete for a couple seasons, sell off and 'trust the process'. I liked the ability to compete for a few seasons, then focus on training for a few seasons. Now it seems like you have to be perpetually competing, and have made it really difficult to build up assets. I think that will just hinder younger teams, and discourage folks for risking it to go for it all because building back up will take so long.

Overall, I'm not sure whether the way I enjoy playing the game is in line with BB thinks it should be played. Fortunately I have some assets built up, so I'll have a chance to take another shot at BBB before considering whether to stick around.

Last edited by Fresh24 at 12/10/2016 19:30:57

This Post:
283856.12 in reply to 283856.1
Date: 12/10/2016 23:11:24
Kira Kira Koseki
II.3
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Yubi Yubi
Changing the relegation system is total bogus and I hope this decision is heavily reviewed before it is implemented, if it is even implemented at all. I do get that we want to make earning a promotion a bit easier, especially since I've seen great teams who deserve it miss out due to play-off injuries. But forcing teams to either make the play-offs or risk relegation is unfair, especially on teams who have just promoted and need a reasonable opportunity to stabilise in the division they have been bumped up to.

I think back to my first ABBL season. I did a lot better than I expected to and finished 13-9, but just missed the play-offs and finished 5th. Is it really fair on a team that wins 59% of games in their first season at the top, to force them to play a relegation series to survive, even if they would have HCA for it?

What BB is proposing is that six teams out of a total of sixteen get relegated every season in any given league. I have never seen any league in real life that features promotion and relegation do this. I didn't like the fact that HatTrick made it top four or possible bust (just one more thing I didn't like about it), and I do not like that proposal here either.

This is the bed that BB made by having a 1-4-16-64 league pyramid in the first place. The only way I can see this working fairly for both promotion and relegation is by migrating to a 1-3-9-27 pyramid... but that creates problems of its own during the transitional season/s.

Last edited by Jay (OTT) at 12/10/2016 23:12:26

Advertisement