This Post:
286172.2 in reply to 286172.1
Date: 4/24/2017 4:25:38 PM
TrenseRI
III.2
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
ChiLeaders
First of all, sorry for the late reply, I didn't want to address this hastily.

About the issue: I hear you and I feel your pain. It is a dumb way of trying to reward promotees excessively (I think I even remember when this was implemented, a long time ago) for one season and then to completely baffle them (and you) the next season with substantially lower income. As I said in another thread, the proper way to fix this would be to reduce the promotion boost to something normal. Had I done this before S37, you would have had a much worse attendance during that whole season and would probably earn a lot less than you had. Comparing that with the money you might be losing now due to having high expenses, it would be more. At least now you can sell and downgrade, somewhat absorbing the damage.

I guess reducing the boost is something we need to do starting next season, and will probably do it gently over a couple of seasons. IF we decide to do it.

As for your suggestion about ticket prices, we'll consider it. You may have a point there and I'll see if the idea catches on.

This Post:
286172.3 in reply to 286172.2
Date: 4/24/2017 4:44:27 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Thank you for your answer Marin! It is reassuring to feel read and listened!
I really hope that you'll find a positive solution to this problem. :)

Last edited by Gilles Bontoux (5266371) at 4/24/2017 4:45:45 PM

This Post:
286172.4 in reply to 286172.2
Date: 4/24/2017 5:24:26 PM
Maddogs-Hellas
IV.5
Overall Posts Rated:
Since last year only,

* You do really bad(not winning at all), you have penalty(significantly less gate revenue).

* You do mediocre(5th), you have penalty(playouts and worse fan survey and revenue the next season).

Now we're thinking about if:

*You do really good(promote), you have penalty(in the promotion bonus).

The trend is obvious...

Taking money out of the system, is not a cure all medicine...but still, like all medicin must be taken with caution, responsibly and at the right doses.