BuzzerBeater Forums

Suggestions > Erase inactive player completely.

Erase inactive player completely.

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
29807.2 in reply to 29807.1
Date: 5/9/2008 8:08:48 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Good Points ffsabin!

To add to your points on potential system, I think potential should be something that is hidden unless you spend time and money to find out the potential of the player(Scouting).

With the transfer market right now, all the players that are below average will not sell at all like that FFsabin said. We need to hide the potential information unless people are willing to spend money to scout the players that they want.

I dont know if people are familiar with Trophymanager. They have a scouting system that will take couple days for the scouts to gather reports and data and then compile that information back to the manager. I think that will add a whole new dimension to the gameplay of BB if we can somehow implement that in. It will give us more reasons to sign in and check our team daily.

Last edited by hunterkirualeorio at 5/9/2008 8:11:13 PM

This Post:
29807.3 in reply to 29807.1
Date: 5/10/2008 2:09:31 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
With the new potential system, players who are not all star or above are not going to be sold very well or at all. This creates a really unbalance economy in the game also. Everyone would be camping their computer every wednesday trying to land a Hall of Famer, (creates a whole new problem for those people who have work also) while all low potential draftees from their team will be fired soon after draft.

Be happy if you play against such idiots :) So you could get a big advantage in Skills for a cheap price, and maybe without disadvantages :)

Basketball is suppose to be a game where you work around your roster, and not trying to just buy yourself 5 Hall of Famer (which will be the issue in a few season) We are suppose to be mad at that 6th man of bench warmer for not producing anything at all.

I got several double up with players who are all stars and got high skills, where you could train your player a long time to get this point, so why you are thinking just hof learn ;)

If anything I would really like to see inactive player to be erased completely. Is not like we are short on talent nowadays. The only thing I say we can keep is players who are on National Team can be transferred if the team goes inactive.

But don't argue with Hof who get selled even so by clubs, because they don't need then, maybe you say that they destroy the market for normal trained players what i don't see.

This Post:
29807.4 in reply to 29807.3
Date: 5/10/2008 4:46:14 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
I don't think you fully understand what FFsabin was trying to suggest here.

Every single week, there is an inactive players cleanup. And in this cleanup, good players from these inactive teams are put on to the market for sell. I am not sure how many inactive teams are being cleaned up on an average week. But lately, I've seen alot of really good players on the market as a result of this weekly cleanup. And this is where the problem lies.

First, with this abundant of good players on the free market, it makes the drafting process seems useless.(Why spend money on scouting young players each week where I can get a young talented hall of famer weekly on the market if i have the money. Since most picks after 1st round are unless anyway if we compare them to the players on the market.)

Second, the money that we spend on these inactive team players aren't going back into the hands of the buzzerbeater nation. Every single week, we keep putting money into buying these inactive team players. But where is that money going??? If this keeps up, it will turn this economy into a deflation. Because the price of goods is falling with the abundant of good players, consumers have an incentive to delay purchases and consumption until prices fall further, which in turn reduces overall economic activity, contributing to the deflationary spiral.

Third, the rich will only get better and richer because of this weekly inactive teams cleanup. For example, teams in NBBA will be able to get whoever they want on the freemarket with the amount money they are getting from attendance, tv games, and merchandise revenue. Teams in NBBA will always stay in contention and expand their stadium to get more money. Teams in lower leagues with less money are basically at a disadvantage to get better compare to the teams in the NBBA.

This is a serious problem we have here. And I am glad FFsabin caught this so quick. So, i am urging the government of the Buzzerbeater nation to revise the weekly clean up plan and think about the long term effect of our nation's economy.

This Post:
29807.5 in reply to 29807.4
Date: 5/10/2008 8:39:30 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Every single week, there is an inactive players cleanup. And in this cleanup, good players from these inactive teams are put on to the market for sell. I am not sure how many inactive teams are being cleaned up on an average week. But lately, I've seen alot of really good players on the market as a result of this weekly cleanup. And this is where the problem lies.

First, with this abundant of good players on the free market, it makes the drafting process seems useless.(Why spend money on scouting young players each week where I can get a young talented hall of famer weekly on the market if i have the money. Since most picks after 1st round are unless anyway if we compare them to the players on the market.)

maybe is useless to pay 40k into the draft, but i got my money i spend into the draft back and getiing some extra money. isn't it useless 2 to have an transfermarkt and a draft because you could easily buy Player who aren't free agent(i think must of then aren't) instead of drafting a player. In my position is nearly impossible to train a "beginner" so i need a team who trains my trainees first so that i could start at a higher level.

And hell yeah for the money i have to buy a hall of famer on the transfermarket i spend on drafting i need 2-3 season to get an 18 year old which got solid skills to train, the one you get so ain't got that high salaries that they become free agent

Second, the money that we spend on these inactive team players aren't going back into the hands of the buzzerbeater nation. Every single week, we keep putting money into buying these inactive team players. But where is that money going??? If this keeps up, it will turn this economy into a deflation. Because the price of goods is falling with the abundant of good players, consumers have an incentive to delay purchases and consumption until prices fall further, which in turn reduces overall economic activity, contributing to the deflationary spiral.

actually we got the opposite of an inflation, we only got an unbalaced market(so that a player yesterday was sold for 100k and tommorow for 300k) ... Because the salaries are "so low" that trainers makes big profits after they 2surveived the first weeks).

I don't think you fully understand what FFsabin was trying to suggest here.

Yeah and i don't understand what all of this have to do wit hall of famers, and why thats kills the other players :) And why the potential changed this working system to an joke - if i read your und sabin text i see pretty different way to view a same case.

This Post:
29807.6 in reply to 29807.5
Date: 5/10/2008 1:25:03 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
actually we got the opposite of an inflation, we only got an unbalaced market(so that a player yesterday was sold for 100k and tommorow for 300k) ... Because the salaries are "so low" that trainers makes big profits after they 2surveived the first weeks).

The opposite of inflation is what i said!!! I said the bb economy will turn into a DEflation, which is the opposite of inflation. Please read the reply i posted earlier again if you have no idea what I am talking about here. I really don't want to waste my time doing explanation about the complexity of this situation over and over again to someone who doesn't even want to know more about what i am trying to say.

And if you see an economic problem here. How come you are NOT suggestion a way to fix this unbalanced market you are talking about?? We all know there is an economy issue in Buzzerbeater. That's why we are suggesting a change in the "WEEKLY INACTIVE PLAYER CLEANUP"!!! So PLEASE say something that will be part of the solution instead of nonsense that will get us nowhere. (For example, Because the salaries are "so low" that trainers makes big profits after they 2surveived the first weeks). We are looking at the long term effect of this issue, not the next two weeks(short-term).

Yeah and i don't understand what all of this have to do wit hall of famers, and why thats kills the other players :) And why the potential changed this working system to an joke - if i read your und sabin text i see pretty different way to view a same case.

I really don't think you understand what we are talking about here at all. We were using hall of famers as an EXAMPLE, but the main problem lies within the WEEKLY INACTIVE PLAYER CLEANUP!!!! Didn't you see what I said in the first paragraph? Potential doesnt need to be change, the thing that we are suggesting is the "WEEKLY INACTIVE PLAYER CLEANUP"!!!! For god sake, before you reply and ruin this post, please read it twice before you say things that are will contribute to this topic.

This Post:
29807.7 in reply to 29807.6
Date: 5/10/2008 1:43:55 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
and i read that their is no deflation and of course those free agents stuff is for the beginning of the game ;) But why you want fight deflation in times of inflation??

SSoorry if i don't read throug your second break

Edit : But wrong examplkes are good to show ;)

Last edited by CrazyEye at 5/10/2008 1:44:20 PM

This Post:
29807.8 in reply to 29807.7
Date: 5/10/2008 3:04:44 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Inflation is only temporary. But if we keep adding a pool of good player into the market every week, deflation will happen later on. That's why we need a change in the inactive team cleanup for the future of the economy. Like i said before, i am talking about the long term effect of this issue, not short term.

I think the reason for putting inactive players into the market was to add more players into the market and boost the economy in the first place. And now with that many players out there, we don't need to do that anymore. We need to move forward and plan for the future.

This Post:
29807.9 in reply to 29807.8
Date: 5/10/2008 3:22:43 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Inflation is only temporary. But if we keep adding a pool of good player into the market every week, deflation will happen later on. That's why we need a change in the inactive team cleanup for the future of the economy. Like i said before, i am talking about the long term effect of this issue, not short term.

But if we do it now, we make the situaton worse, and how i say it the releasing of fa wasn't planned just for beginning.

This Post:
29807.10 in reply to 29807.9
Date: 5/10/2008 4:14:58 PM
1986 Celtics
IV.21
Overall Posts Rated:
the point of the potential system is an alternative to long term injuries to create a spectrum of player abilities, so that the top teams can have very good players and the bottom teams can have not so good players.. and as you work your way up you can afford better players.

let me make an analogy to a different sort of game, like a dungeon's and dragon's game. Offering weapons which are much better than other weapons in an auction, will result in the better/richer players being able to buy those weapons.... but this is of course a lot more interesting than the alternative of having weapons that everyone can afford from the start, so there is no real reason to get better/richer.

it is our intent to have a wide gap between high level teams and low level teams... having the high level teams by the best players frees up the slightly less good players to be bought by the slightly less good players etc....

the point about money "disappearing" isn't really a big deal. Its an economy, there is a certain amount of money available, and a certain amount of supply available.. prices are set by the tradeoff between this. We actually have the inactive player release to give us a handle on this supply side of the equation.. we can release fewer or more players in order to keep the economy in balance. We might not be doing that perfectly, but the concept of releasing them I think is correct. Removing that concept would leave us with no control.

This Post:
29807.11 in reply to 29807.2
Date: 5/12/2008 11:11:05 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
With the transfer market right now, all the players that are below average will not sell at all like that FFsabin said.

well, I must be a complete idiot then, I recently bought a PG which is a benchwarmer...

Once a level 10 trainer comes around again I'll even start training him after a week or 5 when I sold off my excess of inside players.

They are not your friends; they dispise you. I am the only one you can count on. Trust me.

This Post:
29807.12 in reply to 29807.1
Date: 5/12/2008 11:49:28 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
There is really no reason that any player should be removed from the game, just because an owner quits, and quite likely is replaced by a new owner.

Just because the owner quits, doesn't mean that the team bus crashes, but somehow NT players are the only ones that survive. And as soon as the new team is created there is suddenly a player with a $5500 salary that no team in the whole wide world of 25,000 teams had heard of.

The main question is how to redistribute existing players. BB could simply assign players from old teams to new teams, but that would mean that a lucky new owner might get a superstar. He might turn around and sell him (the same as would happen if he had simply been made a FA). The only difference is that in this case Team Lucky would keep the beau-coup $100,000.

So if there are FA, then BB simply needs to distribute the money. But who is to say that doesn't happen already? Where exactly does the $50,000 bonus for new teams come from, and the new arena, and the fans to attend games? All the fans aren't employed at companies making merchandise for BB teams or construction crews that build BB arenas. Money is taken out of the BB economy by salaries and FA fees, but is injected through ticket sales and merchandise. BB can easily inject extra money for any that is taken out through FA.