BuzzerBeater Forums

BB Nippon > National Team Debate Thread

National Team Debate Thread (thread closed)

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
311879.2 in reply to 311879.1
Date: 10/7/2021 8:08:09 PM
Orgram Dragon
III.1
Overall Posts Rated:
I saw there are 3 candidates and only fulek49 wrote a speech. I got a question for you fulek49, how will you manage the NT if you are elected? Are you going to use only the best players even if they are quite old? Or do you want to use young promising players and give them experience to make a better generation in the near future? How would you manage the roster?

Do you have any specific idea of what you want to do in the community? Like being active in the forum or having quite contact with the managers of the NT players...

Thanks in advance for postulating you for NT Japan

This Post:
311879.3 in reply to 311879.2
Date: 10/8/2021 12:35:39 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
I can answer this. My plan for the NT is to bring Japan basketball back to international dominance. There is no doubt we have an issue with our rivals to the west, but we’re never going to get over them if we don’t start with new leadership. My plan is to immediately reach out to the top teams in Japan for assistance. One person making decisions is a horrible platform for success. Finding all the talent we possibly can is the initial step. Our preference will be toward younger talent. 26-28. If we can find players that have 4 years of NT in them…we then can start chipping away at being competitive with China. Rome is not going to be built in one day and we are going to need all the help that we can get. You asked what I want to do in the community and that would be just it…establish a community that desires Japan bb dominance. I’m more than excited to be in the running and Im happy to answer any more questions anyone may have. If you didn’t register and want to assist our NT…. Vote for me Coach EJ and I will ensure your voice is heard.

This Post:
311879.4 in reply to 311879.2
Date: 10/8/2021 8:28:17 AM
Mûrs-Erigné
II.4
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Mûrs-Erigné II
First of all, I would like to thank Orgram for his questions, it's important that the community is concerned about NT ...

This Post:
311879.5 in reply to 311879.2
Date: 10/8/2021 8:40:20 AM
Mûrs-Erigné
II.4
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Mûrs-Erigné II
how will you manage the NT if you are elected?
Today, I am applying alone but I don't close the door to 1 or 2 assistants maximum, so if some are interested they will only have to let me know by BB-mail. I'm not a rookie in NT, in the past I took care of Wales, Switzerland and France, which represents 5 mandates. So I have a good experience in this area. In the case of Japan, the community is quite small and the choice of players is rather limited. it will therefore be necessary to collaborate as much as possible with the managers to try to maintain the forms at the highest level, which is essential.

This Post:
311879.6 in reply to 311879.2
Date: 10/8/2021 9:02:05 AM
Mûrs-Erigné
II.4
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Mûrs-Erigné II
Are you going to use only the best players even if they are quite old?
In my mind, the NT is the best team with the best players and, as a manager, I will want to have the best possible results, whether with young or old players. But in BB, we have the 33+ limit, and it's more difficult for me to select this player type.
On the other hand, and for example, it would be hardly conceivable to do without Hinata Oyanagi next season, despite his 34 years.

This Post:
311879.7 in reply to 311879.2
Date: 10/8/2021 9:14:14 AM
Mûrs-Erigné
II.4
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Mûrs-Erigné II
Do you want to use young promising players and give them experience to make a better generation in the near future?
Of course yes!
For exemple, your player Kensuke Takagi, also has his place in the team, cause he is only 24 years old and wil lincrease his capacities for several more seasons. It's the same thing for players like Mitsuru Nagase, big potential and quite young.
At equal level and at equal shape game, I will always favor the youngest player.
I will contact the U21 coach, in order to know the strategy in place for young talents, or to set one up, if it does not exist, because training for the NT starts from the draft

This Post:
311879.8 in reply to 311879.2
Date: 10/8/2021 9:24:43 AM
Mûrs-Erigné
II.4
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Mûrs-Erigné II
How would you manage the roster?
The first week is reserved for the scouting of the country's 350 players, following which, a list of players likely to join the team will be established. I would not fill the whole roster for the first match, only 10 to 12 players will be selected for the start of the competition, and, depending on the game shape, I will call on others players from the list. No players have starting 5 place guaranteed from one match to another, it's according to the truth of the moment.

This Post:
311879.9 in reply to 311879.2
Date: 10/8/2021 11:20:32 AM
Mûrs-Erigné
II.4
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Mûrs-Erigné II
Do you have any specific idea of what you want to do in the community? Like being active in the forum or having quite contact with the managers of the NT players...
A topic "NT Season 55" on the forum, a competition for predictions and other ideas.
Certainly contacts by BB-mail for the managers of the selected players but also for the other Japanese managers who are not directly concerned by the NT.
I can also provide training programs for those who wish.
and finally I am open to suggestions

I hope I have answered all your questions

This Post:
311879.10 in reply to 311879.9
Date: 10/8/2021 6:40:31 PM
Orgram Dragon
III.1
Overall Posts Rated:
Thank you coah EJ and Fulek49 for answering my questions. How will you manage SC? Would you give min to young players who are not yet prepared for the NT qualification games or do you want to use the main team and probe new tactics?

This Post:
311879.11 in reply to 311879.10
Date: 10/9/2021 3:48:32 AM
Mûrs-Erigné
II.4
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Mûrs-Erigné II
At the moment, there's no scrimmage game for monday, and it's the actual manager who could make this one possible.

For the others games, I think scrimmage is for practice and it's the moment you can test something, I can introduce young players and prepare the next season, yes, but win the game is important too. For that and for the tactics too, it depend of the opponent.

This Post:
311879.12 in reply to 311879.11
Date: 10/10/2021 11:01:59 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
I’d agree here. Scrimmages are meant as a way to test against future opponents that play a similar strat. Example if Vietnam always used a motion offense. I would test our defense in a 3-2 and see how much we can do with a pace on offense. Roster wise is a testing period. I would put our bench as starters to test how they do against top talent. That way managers can see as well. Another reason is to see if there are any bench players that play better in a certain offense/defense. This again goes to my original forum post that if the managers wanted a different direction I’d be happy to hear suggestions.