BuzzerBeater Forums

BB Global (English) > Selling my team, like real life selling. Can I?

Selling my team, like real life selling. Can I? (thread closed)

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
316193.3 in reply to 316193.2
Date: 9/8/2022 11:58:19 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
I figured, thank you

May I ask the reasoning?

This Post:
316193.5 in reply to 316193.4
Date: 9/8/2022 4:10:32 PM
Woodbridge Wreckers
DBA Pro A
Overall Posts Rated:
Theoretically if you sell your account, it is not yours anymore. If you are already logged in during the sale and let the buyer reset the password, you don't know each other's password either.

I know it's nitpicking, but if it's not allowed to sell your account it should just clearly state so, right?

This Post:
316193.6 in reply to 316193.5
Date: 9/8/2022 4:31:35 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Correct.

That password rule is a separate issue actually. I am choosing to give up my account for another and there would be no sharing of passwords beyond a changeover. Sharing would no longer take place.

It is not nitpicking at all.

I want to sell so someone else can enjoy what was built and not just let it go to waste. Denying that is just being a hater :D

This Post:
316193.8 in reply to 316193.7
Date: 9/8/2022 9:32:23 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Allowed to be sold? Haha. Why so serious Batman?

This Post:
316193.10 in reply to 316193.9
Date: 9/9/2022 1:38:21 AM
Woodbridge Wreckers
DBA Pro A
Overall Posts Rated:
I'm not saying it should be allowed, just saying that if it isn't, it should be clear. Referring to password sharing or multi team rules isn't clear.
Because it doesn't rule out selling to a new user who wants a head start.

But to clear things up, it's prohibited in the general terms:

Auctions and Sales. It is against Digital Field Theory policy to allow accounts, characters, items, or money to be sold – for real money, or on other auction sites, or otherwise. We will ask auction sites to respect this policy. We do not allow trades concerning any other game's accounts, characters, items, or money to be performed, advertised, or solicited, unless these transfers occur exclusively on the Transfer List that is a part of the Site. We will terminate accounts that we believe are in violation of this policy

As for the reasoning, I'd imagine we want to prevent financial stimulus for unhealthy behaviour in the game. I imagine 1 specific case of selling an account might not be harmful for someone that wants to quit and leave his work to someone else at a small fee. But if it is allowed to sell your account, more players could set that as a goal and you'd get a whole different dynamic in the game that's not good.

Last edited by Jeründerbar at 9/9/2022 2:58:17 AM

This Post:
316193.12 in reply to 316193.11
Date: 9/9/2022 8:36:42 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Legacy? This is an old computer stat game on top of super old technology. LEGACY? That is all caps because I am rolling my eyes over here. I have long eye-lashes so don't confuse my cuteness with my tone either.

The main angle is someone who already plays, drops their current team in favor of a better situation (my team). So they are already invested in the game. Mmmkay?

If you want your own legacy, you spend the 100k to change your team name and voila! "why on earth...." because of this. Simple to understand and I am sorry if some people are jealous or have black and white robot brains. This is a simple concept to think about.

LEGACY? Are you going to put your BB stats in a time capsule for your kid's high school project?

Let me sell my team! Break these chains!

Advertisement