Help - English > NT age

NT age

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
33433.2 in reply to 33433.1
Date: 5/27/2008 8:56:55 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Why is the max age of NT players like 23? Is it because only these are trained well or is there another reason?

The game is very young and I guess no great oldies were really created in the start. As training young players is faster, it generally makes most sense to not train the older players. When you combine these facts, you should expect that most of the best players are young.

This will slowly change and we will see more players in clearly different phases in their careers. Now we have mostly future stars, wannabe future stars, and pub team old guys (and future pub team old guys). It will take 10 seasons to see the current superstar players change into veteran superstars.

This Post:
33433.3 in reply to 33433.2
Date: 5/27/2008 10:35:33 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
the first season some teams had oldies, since they often where good. In the meantime the younger have trained their skills up while the olders where not capable of doing that in such a why, so the youngsters (which received training) are simply better nowadays...

I estimate the age will go slightly up from here because the ones that are young now but keep training will get better still, and it will take some time for the youngest to catch up on them, so they ones we have now will grow some years older before they will get replaced...

They are not your friends; they dispise you. I am the only one you can count on. Trust me.
This Post:
33433.4 in reply to 33433.1
Date: 5/27/2008 9:40:19 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
In the original teams, older players weren't necessarily more skilled than younger players. It was like they had been playing playground Buzzer Beater when the professional leagues were formed and hadn't really had professional training.

This is only the 3rd season for NT. When the teams first started, a player with a 6K salary was considered a potential candidate for the team. In selecting players, most NT gave preference to younger players since they had more long time potential, and were just as good. In addition, BB increased the training rate for younger players in order to boost skills more towards their more mature levels.

It will be interesting to see the effect of the newly introduced potential. All the old players have All Star potential. In the long term someone with All Star potential might simply not be able to develop into a NT player. There appears to be some correlation between initial skills and potential, but it is not absolute. In my league's draft, there was a player with Announcer potential who had a higher salary and presumably higher skills, than another player who had MVP potential.

When the U21(?) teams are introduced, player selection will be interesting since the best players might not be the best players when they are 25, even with the same training.