Help - English > completely baffled

completely baffled

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
97461.2 in reply to 97461.1
Date: 6/17/2009 5:30:16 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Maybe you should read Game Engine section from Rules. Game Engine is far more complicated, than you may think.

This Post:
97461.3 in reply to 97461.2
Date: 6/17/2009 5:36:12 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
not trying to be sarcastic but thanks alot for answering my numerous questions in my post. and i have read the rules numerous times.

This Post:
97461.4 in reply to 97461.1
Date: 6/17/2009 5:38:46 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
You won the game in the end, right?

This Post:
97461.5 in reply to 97461.4
Date: 6/17/2009 5:42:17 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
did you read my full post at all? this isnt a thread about whether i won or lost. I am not angry, sad or upset. I want to try and understand the game better and learn. why does my PF with tremendous IS suddenly shoot 0.39% this season instead off 0.5% last season. How my opponent can get strong IS. when he isnt superiour than my team. and all the other questions I asked in my post because I am trying to understand the game and learn.

thanks again for reading my full post and trying to help me understood the questions i have

This Post:
97461.6 in reply to 97461.5
Date: 6/17/2009 6:04:38 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
I have looked at your game.
You have 3 players that played all 48 minutes. You have 1 player playing 46 minutes and one 36 minutes. Players get tired and doesn't perform as well as if they got some breaks.
If you look at gauson's last 3 games you can see the other teams tried harder than him. This probably means he has alot of enthusiasm this increases his performance. His tactic was look inside this increases his rating for inside shooting.
I hope this can help you understand the ratings better.

This Post:
97461.7 in reply to 97461.5
Date: 6/17/2009 6:05:20 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
I read full of your post, and I am glad to see, that your trying to learn, though I really can not see why your trying that. Anyway, You can`t learn whole of the game, even when BBs would explain you that. I am not watched your games, but to your question, there may be several answers. For example: Opponents had good mood, cause they won last game, you choosed wrong tactic, different enthusiasms, there were some changes in your team recently, what made your players more effective/uneffective, less audience(also if 0.5% was in home games, but the 0.39% was in away game), and then the random factor(if there is it). There are more of these factors, but I just don`t know more.

Hopefully that helped.

This Post:
97461.8 in reply to 97461.5
Date: 6/17/2009 6:07:41 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
the wages arent everything. a lower wage doesnot necessarily make a player worse in each category. actually as much the player is all around, wage goes down for same level of attributes. so maybe his players are trained for one specific attribute and it didnot boost the wages. it is possible. even more, may be those players are stronger against you, if you are vulnerable to their strenghts.

of course this may not be the case, the game is just random sometimes. also game engine tends to create some action, entertainment.

This Post:
97461.9 in reply to 97461.8
Date: 6/17/2009 6:18:25 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
perhaps that is the case, but than i would like to know. I want to become the best manager or close to that and not to gamble whether I win or not. If i want to feel lucky and win something i go play the lottery. It could be you are right his players are single attributed players. but from what I have seen on the transfer market, shouldnt the salary be higher than? because single skilled trained players with extreme high ratings have extreme high salaries? or does this only work for forwards?

This Post:
97461.10 in reply to 97461.7
Date: 6/17/2009 6:22:34 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
i know all these things. and yes these things do matter but that is why i posted this message. My 0.39% was in my last nights home game. The defence or offence wasnt wrong. I would be the first to admit that when I picked the wrong one. That is why I said in the first line to read my whole post and that i needed some serious help. I know all the random things that can influence the game. I have lost in the past before and I could explain why. This season I loose and I cant explain it. Not following any off the reasons you gave me.

I didnt ask for someone to explain me the full game engine, and yeah there is some randomness towards the game engine, but why play a management game and train players for years and years for the game to be still a lottery whether you win a game or not? playing the lottery is alot easier and takes alot less time trust me...

This Post:
97461.11 in reply to 97461.6
Date: 6/17/2009 6:28:04 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
yes you are spot on. My players played too many minutes, but I won the game in the last 2 quarters after being many points behind at half time? So how could fatigue be a factor?

I tied a few games this season too. I mentioned in my post I think that I am fully aware that his enthusiasm could have been better, but he CTed (i think) too early in the season and only possibly once or twice TIEed more than I did and I didnt CTed. So his enthusiasm couldnt have been much better than mine and what happened to home court advantage?

IMO and with my knowledge, the salaries he has dont add up to a 60% IS the first 2 quarters. Especially knowing I have a tremendous ID guy and a respectable ID guy. For our league that is quite decent.

This Post:
97461.12 in reply to 97461.11
Date: 6/17/2009 6:33:37 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Being after-wise, you had the wrong tactics against him both offensively and defensively and also lost the offensive flow by a lot. So regarding this, I think it is a mystery you won. I also don't think the differences in wages are huge, and your point guard has a very small salary, I think the PG is the most important guy to influence the score, but that is my opinion.

!zazhigai!
Advertisement