BB USA > Unbalanced divisions

Unbalanced divisions

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
107901.21 in reply to 107901.20
Date: 9/5/2009 12:04:35 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
And that the NBBA is the strongest conference in the world.

NO ONE at this table ordered a rum & Coke
Charles: Penn has some good people
A CT? Really?
Any two will do
Any three for me
Any four will score
Any five are live
This Post:
107901.22 in reply to 107901.21
Date: 9/6/2009 12:23:41 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
We have experienced this in our league for the last several seasons culminating this year with my divisions last place team having a better record than most of the playoff teams in the other division. I have sent a message to support about the imbalance, however they declined to address the problem.

This Post:
107901.23 in reply to 107901.20
Date: 9/6/2009 3:07:24 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Biggest real imbalance out there is which teams started prior to the change in how cup money is doled out and those which started after....heck 7-8-9m dollar players back then wasn't out of the ordinary LOL

This Post:
107901.24 in reply to 107901.23
Date: 9/6/2009 4:29:30 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I also won the league from the other side JCJayhawk. I don't really see it as being a problem, just an attribute and something you have to take into consideration when planning your team. The promotee before me was from the "stronger" side and the "weak" side will now be getting 4+ (1 demotee from III, 3 promotee from IV and possible bot cleanup spots) new teams for next season so it may solve itself.

This Post:
107901.25 in reply to 107901.22
Date: 9/6/2009 6:10:39 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Charles posted about this a couple of posts previous to yours.

NO ONE at this table ordered a rum & Coke
Charles: Penn has some good people
A CT? Really?
Any two will do
Any three for me
Any four will score
Any five are live
This Post:
107901.26 in reply to 107901.20
Date: 9/7/2009 8:50:05 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
There are a number of mechanisms by which this should correct itself over time, but obviously leagues do end up with imbalance between conferences; this is also the case in real life, I might add.

What we've decided at game designers is that ultimately it's fun to develop rivalries by playing against many of the same teams season after season, and that this trumps equity considerations between conferences in the same league or between leagues in the same division. It's the same reason that we don't try to stick humans randomly in USA V but rather try to fill lower-numbered leagues first so that humans play against humans as much as possible.

Yes, this means that there will be some longstanding imbalances which will correct themselves but only over several seasons or more. Overall, we still think it's worthwhile to know at the start of the season who your main rivals are and to have a long history with them; while the NBBA Big 8 has traditionally been considered stronger than the Great 8 because King Drive Ballers, Chicago Bulls and Salisbury Auerbachs have been longstanding powers, I suspect all three would tell you that they enjoy knowing coming into the season that at most one of them can reach the finals and they'll have to deal with the others in order to have their shot at that trophy.

Well those points may be valid for I.1 divisions. But in Div 2 etc. is that when once unbalanced it doesn't work that way. Some of I.1 leagues are somewhat closing with 3-4 ex I.1 return next year from Divs 2. The usual situation looks like this: weaker conference: 1-2 somewhat strong teams stronger conference: ex I.1 powerhouse, bunch of strong teams losing in conference finals every year. Yes sooner or later some team can break it and advance but you can hardly correcting itself. The only scheme I can imagine is that hefgemon of weaker conference who is playing 2-3 games more than other 14 teams every year making profitwill use this opportunity to his advantage maybe to promote one day. Meanwhile similar teams in opposite conference have nowhere to go. Rivalries are a nice assumptions but the only team which matter (the ex I.1) is changing every year. I guess you will se more of that in next season around the globe. Yet it does't seem country ranking matters in assigning relegating I.1 teams to stronger and weaker Div 2 accordingly to fix that. It could be similar on lower levels depending on how long and how much teams developed in particular country i.e. how tight the hierarchy is on each level.

This Post:
107901.27 in reply to 107901.26
Date: 9/8/2009 4:01:14 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
i think this is a real problem here.
i say game designers move stogey, juice, brianjames and WFU to the great 8 so i wont have such a tough time.

This Post:
107901.29 in reply to 107901.28
Date: 9/9/2009 9:24:55 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
You think I'm gonna do you a favor after all the times you knocked me out of the cup?

That's an achievement now? ;)

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."
Advertisement