Suggestions > Another Enthusiasm Suggestion

Another Enthusiasm Suggestion

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
12303.20 in reply to 12303.18
Date: 1/17/2008 11:02:41 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
the main problem (which we inherited from HT) is that enthusiasm is not the right word for what the thing is. it's more of a "team energy level".

one possible alternative could be, as some italian users suggested, to allow the manager to TIE/CT on a per-player basis — a few players can be instructed to go as hard as they can, or just try to avoid getting hurt. my major doubt about this is that it may be too hard for new users to get right.

Edited by BB-Domenico (17/01/2008 22.40.03 CET)

Honestly, if we're going to set individual orders for each player for each match, I'd rather have more game control than a player enthusiasm setting.

Steve
Go Bruins!

This Post:
12303.22 in reply to 12303.19
Date: 1/18/2008 12:30:21 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
I don't think the word has anything to do with it - it's the concept, and no I don't think a player by player solution would be good.

Ditto.

This Post:
12303.23 in reply to 12303.18
Date: 1/18/2008 12:42:48 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
the main problem (which we inherited from HT) is that enthusiasm is not the right word for what the thing is. it's more of a "team energy level".

one possible alternative could be, as some italian users suggested, to allow the manager to TIE/CT on a per-player basis — a few players can be instructed to go as hard as they can, or just try to avoid getting hurt. my major doubt about this is that it may be too hard for new users to get right.

Edited by BB-Domenico (17/01/2008 22.40.03 CET)

Enthusiasm isn't quite what it is in HT either.

In HT there are a lot of other factors to managing TS (your trainers leadership, player moves, training percentage) and other things you can do to offset bad TS (ie. WTM, extra IM, etc). Management of TS is fair more complicated than Enthusiasm in BB.

Here, once you're team is destine for the playoffs, I think people start TIE.

Personally, I think there needs to be something that effects the overall performance of teams (a game in which the best team always wins regardless wouldn't be much fun or challenge), but I'm not sure how much a user should be able to manage it or if it should just be a background factor, maybe effected by certain events (personal moves, the playoffs, long road trips, tough loses, player arrests etc.).

Steve
Go Bruins!

This Post:
12303.24 in reply to 12303.23
Date: 1/18/2008 2:47:47 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Here, once you're team is destine for the playoffs, I think people start TIE.

And once you get to the playoffs, you try to cut TIE deals to get an edge further on...

Personally, I think there needs to be something that effects the overall performance of teams (a game in which the best team always wins regardless wouldn't be much fun or challenge),

The GE takes care of the random, I think it provides a nice balance of reality esp based on some of the upsets posted in the forums.

but I'm not sure how much a user should be able to manage it or if it should just be a background factor, maybe effected by certain events (personal moves, the playoffs, long road trips, tough loses, player arrests etc.).

That would be like team confidence in HT, which makes more sense IMO than enthusiasm/team spirit.

"Well, no ones gonna top that." - http://tinyurl.com/noigttt
This Post:
12303.25 in reply to 12303.18
Date: 1/18/2008 2:58:13 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Thanks for the response.

I can't see the reasoning for this suggestion, it seems to be even more unlike reality then it currently is.

Maybe I'm just expecting very little to change, especially drastic changes, since it seems there's a lot of marketing being done to draw new users from HT. The more similar they are the easier it will be for them to adapt. If thats the case, from a business standpoint I'd understand that.

"Well, no ones gonna top that." - http://tinyurl.com/noigttt
This Post:
12303.29 in reply to 12303.25
Date: 7/11/2009 3:22:22 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
I'm a student and I don't think to speak well..sorry if there are any mistakes.

But I agree with you but on TIE..why do you think it has to be removed?
Dr. Jàn Ïtor is right when he telsl about the Lakers.
Sure, no coach has ever told his players to take it easy, but many times he might not be as energy as before important games...

Last edited by THE REVOLUTION at 7/11/2009 3:30:10 AM

This Post:
12303.30 in reply to 12303.28
Date: 7/14/2009 1:09:27 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
This thread offer some beautiful suggestions and I hope they get implemented some day.

Last edited by HeadPaperPusher at 7/14/2009 1:09:36 PM

Run of the Mill Canadian Manager
Advertisement