BB Global (English) > Ingame rotation

Ingame rotation

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
1584.20 in reply to 1584.19
Date: 10/12/2007 4:02:18 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I hope you will agree with me that there are lots of challenges in this game. Why do you need to make unrealistic ones when this is the case?

The minutes thing is not really a challenge, if you think about it. It just means you have to log in more often to keep massaging your line-up. Does the game want to advantage people who can log in more often?

Run of the Mill Canadian Manager
This Post:
1584.21 in reply to 1584.20
Date: 10/12/2007 4:15:33 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I hope you will agree with me that there are lots of challenges in this game. Why do you need to make unrealistic ones when this is the case?

The minutes thing is not really a challenge, if you think about it. It just means you have to log in more often to keep massaging your line-up. Does the game want to advantage people who can log in more often?

My personal opinion (which may not be that of the BBs) is that you should need to log in at least once for every game you play to issue a lineup, and that those who do not want to pay attention to their teams should suffer for it.

It's not like I'm saying that someone should have to login 3-5 times a day, not at all.

But, a professional basketball team does not run on autopilot, with the same players getting the same minutes game after game.

It certainly is not an unrealistic challenge to set lineups that:

A. Optimize training, and

B. Win

Of course, winning is largely unimportant for a scrimmage, and it's the minutes that count.

Providing minutes to your players is a challenge, and one that can be overcome with just a little time, not a lot.

NO ONE at this table ordered a rum & Coke
Charles: Penn has some good people
A CT? Really?
Any two will do
Any three for me
Any four will score
Any five are live
This Post:
1584.22 in reply to 1584.21
Date: 10/12/2007 4:24:04 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
This is a game and as it does try and represent the real world, it cannot completely.

There has to be challenges especially for the number of minutes played, because it is a crucial part of the game. Training will be essential for income and keeping the top teams at competitive performance. If this was as easy as setting 48 mins for 3 centers each week then training would be much too easy.

As it is currently a player can keep the form of a player throughout the week effectively without logging in. Just set the same 'winning' lineup on the 2 tournament games and then set the backups and reserves ONLY in the scrimmage.
This way the starts will most likely get full training time and the backups might keep a decent form.
This requires only one log-in per week.

Creator of (http://www.buzzerbeaterstats.com) and (http://www.buzzerbeaternews.com/) -- Ex GM of Australia -- Division 1 winner of Italy Season 1 then moved team to Australia after the country was created by the BBs. Australian team manager for 2 seasons. Won various tournaments and division 1 titles in the following seasons.
This Post:
1584.23 in reply to 1584.20
Date: 10/12/2007 4:44:53 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Does the game want to advantage people who can log in more often?

There should certainly be some, albeit slight, advantage to logging in more often. Even if it's for getting the best deals on the transfer market or tweaking your training minutes, or for some other system that someone is bound to come up with. More active players should have a slight bonus over less active managers.

Buzzerbeater is not a real time game, where you really have to log on every 2 hours to achieve anything - unlike some other popular internet games. True, there is a certain amount of micromanagement built into optimizing your team training, but on the other hand, missing a lineup once in a while isn't going to be that detrimental to your chances of success. It's not as if time spent logged on to the game is a huge advantage.

Sure, we could reduce the training challenge to make it easier. But, somewhere down the line, someone is going to suggest a bid agent for the transfer list so you don't have to be online for player deadlines and then someone will suggest an automatic transfer list scan for when you're looking for a player and don't have the time to do it yourself. Both of which aren't really challenges either - you just have to log in more often to be more successful at doing them.

We could implement all of these automatic processes in the game - it's more than possible to build tools to do it. But I seriously doubt that many people would actually log in, click a few buttons once a week and enjoy the game.

This Post:
1584.24 in reply to 1584.23
Date: 10/12/2007 5:49:37 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I certainly agree with all the points you made. I don't think it is wise to have everything be brainless. And I understand that this is not real life.

I'm just someone who wants to be able to control my minutes more. I don't want complete control - just more control. Whether this comes as a weighting system for each position, a range of minutes or whatever. I realize there are limits. As stated before, I would also like an option of whether to "rest" players in foul trouble.

But that's just my opinion. If everyone else feels differently, as seems to be the case, I'm cool with that.

Run of the Mill Canadian Manager
Message deleted
This Post:
1584.27 in reply to 1584.25
Date: 10/13/2007 12:00:10 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
ok then I understand the problem of including "minimum and maximum minutes on court".

But what other solutions might we find?
Should we increase the number of minutes per week that a player can bear without his PTW deteriorating, allowing 2 full games per week (96mn)?

Ex: in the last weeks my PF keeps playing 48 minutes in every game (even though I have 2 backups on the bench). This also happened this time and the result is that know his PTW is only "average" (with the semis and a potential final it is annoying). Both games were very important for me (one deciding 1st place in regular season and other being the PO game) so I could not let him rest...

Strangely enough this player during the whole season only got an arrow in "stamina". Thus he did not keep getting better regards to the bench guys (who also got stamina arrows), but while at the beginning of the season he was getting replaced, he now appears to the coach as irreplaceable..

This Post:
1584.28 in reply to 1584.25
Date: 10/13/2007 6:24:13 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
which is why I said, I'm not sure if this is realy possible and profitable developper's wise.

anyway: agree on the fact it would make it easier on controlling the minutes for all players in the team.

I was unaware of the potention of abuse, I didn't think about that.

When I sugested the minutes I was thinking about that a manager can tell the coach in real time to have certain players play for a certain amount of time. Ofcourse this is not strict! It should not be, a manager should never tell the coach an exact amount of minutes, so this should not be possible in the game either.
the coach decides wheter the player is good, and deserves more, or bad and deserves less, or when it doesn't realy matter follow the orders of the manager.
Also foul trouble, injuries (even slight, when the player can still play, but it might be better that he would not risk making it worse) are also taken into account by the coach.
Also it should not be for all players, just for the few special ones the manager is following up closer...

It will be, as already said, impossible to implement this

As it is now, if a manager feels 1 player should at least get 15 minutes in the game, even if he is very bad, just to give him the chance to show what he has in him, but if he performs bad not much more, (eg to see how he performs) it seems not realy possible right now. While in real, especially in scrimmages this should not be a problem.

I hope I made my point (what I first ment when I uppered the minutes for players) clearer now.

They are not your friends; they dispise you. I am the only one you can count on. Trust me.
Message deleted
This Post:
1584.30 in reply to 1584.28
Date: 10/13/2007 7:32:49 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
lol how can I train my 10 coach?
He managed to let my poor player 53 minutes on the court (overtime), and it is precisely his favorite player, the same one that has dropped to "average" PTW because of the coaches passion for him :-)

PS: another extremely easy win :-) my poor heart!

Advertisement