BuzzerBeater Forums

BB Global (English) > Salaries -> Season 19. A new change?

Salaries -> Season 19. A new change?

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
209193.20 in reply to 209193.19
Date: 2/7/2012 11:19:33 PM
Headless Thompson Gunners
Naismith
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Canada Purple Haze BC
common knowledge in baseball playing countries
but kind of like famous lugers and cross country skiers in countries not up to sped in that sport

This Post:
209193.22 in reply to 209193.18
Date: 2/7/2012 11:56:04 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
What makes you think there was an increase ?
Untrained players in my team have not seen any change in salary.

Teams will always complain to be short of money, people are always short of money. The more wealthy, the more short of money you are, have you noticed ? :)
This is not a valid argument. If all the teams in a league are on equal foot, it is not an issue.

And what's your data to claim the market is low ? Low relative to what ? Transfer fees are lower than before and we will not return to past levels in the foreseeable future because it was a disaster waiting to happen and a game breaker. It is not low, it's the market we have for seasons now.
I still see players going for 2M and up. Many are a bit overpaid. The value we put on players have shifted. This discussion is going for 5, 6, 7 seasons now ? It's not a change or a fall anymore, members who joined seasons ago have no idea what market levels we are talking about.

Elite divisions teams still have financial muscle. In october, in three days, when you promoted to D.II, you have sold a 23 yo SF and a 24 yo C for more than 4M. With the money, you have bought a 25 yo PF and a 30 yo PG. You are rich in BB, Marot, don't you realize it ?
If you have 4M in the bank and that players sell for low then you can buy them on the cheap, am I right ? You had 4M and good players whose selling prices have shrinked. Shall I rephrase it again ? :)

Many of the older teams are holding the game back with negative comments on the market. They were used to buy random draftees, train them a couple of seasons and sell them for double or triple the price. Good ! I know it's rewarding to think "I am awesome !" The market needed those players because they didn't exist, the game was developing and teams were making tons of cash and could afford huge bloody bidwars. Money was never a problem, a super negative weekly income was not something to worry about once you got your team running and it is still today for the wealthier teams... We are in another phase now. Happy-go-lucky days are gone :) Good for us, I include myself, that we joined BB early enough to live through this period of the game. Now it is time to move on and use others of our endless management skills.

New teams have disadvantages to start now but some advantages too... but mainly disadvantages.
One advantage is that they have access to better players earlier now due to lower market prices. This is desirable since players have vastly improved in skills and if these teams had to wait as long as in the past to have access to such players in the market, it would take forever for them to be even remotely competitive with older teams.
So let's give them a chance to enjoy the game a bit. New teams will never catch you, Marot, unless you make horrible mistakes or in 20 seasons time.

If tanking spreads, I expect rules to prevent tanking to be harsher. BB must have changing rules to monitor the game environment. I think BBs don't like it and would better have a game running on autopilot but in an interactive gameworld, you need a hands-on approach sometimes to control unwanted consequences.

This Post:
209193.23 in reply to 209193.22
Date: 2/7/2012 11:58:56 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Woops ! Sorry, wall of text...

That's that I can't sleep, real world money problems keep me awake ;)

This Post:
209193.24 in reply to 209193.8
Date: 2/8/2012 2:32:25 AM
Nitra Corgons
Extraliga
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Nitra Urpiners
one thing is very true - TV income and Salaries floor are very bad adjusted.

wait till the enxt economy update ;) Since the average is calculated with the values of last season, and most likely some promoted teams.

i ment globaly not this season, long term.. i know i will have to wait until monday to find out, but thanks.

Last edited by LA-zajino at 2/8/2012 2:32:38 AM

1 BBB, 20 Leagues, 10 Tournaments, 3 Europe Titles (SVK), 2 World Bronzes (SVK), 2 Europe Bronzes (SVK,FRA), 42 Seasons NT coaching
This Post:
209193.25 in reply to 209193.7
Date: 2/8/2012 2:47:41 AM
Nitra Corgons
Extraliga
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Nitra Urpiners
It was never stated that salaries would lower every season, only that they would be adjusted, it could be up or down depending on the state of the economy.

So how would you describe the state of economie at the moment?
The market is crap! The best players earn way too much, nobody can afford them...

not true at all. i am sorry. best palyers are way to cheap becose they are old. Worst players are cheapest though - monsters - becose they are wrong trained and have biggest salaries for doing the same like cheaper ones - logical.. Why should BBs adopt GE or do some introductions to game which was made by managers mistakes?? They did once already when everybody was complaining there is only 1 good tactic - RAG - so they changed GE and now when people started to train PFs and SFs they complain there is again only one tactic - LI..

To that monsters: In real basketball players with 20 IS with HN, DR on lvls 2-3 what would be their contribution? How could they score when they cant catch, hold the ball, drible.. Yes it will be 0. Here?

There are things that could be more adjusted here though for those who complain about predictibility of games outcomes: and that not only 1 or 2 skills determines wheather the player is succesfull but that is not gonna be done becose it would be masive impact. So what i keep saying for seasons is - DEVALUATE JR and SB and tha game will be again unpredictable (if this is what you want - even with best team players your succes will be determined by luck - am gonna hit the right defence focus?)
I like the way - when i am best i should win, when i am not i should praise..
peace

Last edited by LA-zajino at 2/8/2012 2:49:33 AM

1 BBB, 20 Leagues, 10 Tournaments, 3 Europe Titles (SVK), 2 World Bronzes (SVK), 2 Europe Bronzes (SVK,FRA), 42 Seasons NT coaching
This Post:
209193.26 in reply to 209193.14
Date: 2/8/2012 2:54:40 AM
Surental Lakers
Nationalliga A
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Surental Lakers II
Rickey Henderson's career. 9 teams. It happens.

Well I wrote since october 2010. 15 months ago, that makes 10 times in 5 seasons and today is transfer number 11... In addition, Degulys carreer isn't over yet ;)

Furthermore, Henderson is an exception and in BB it's normal for players with a salary above 250k...

This Post:
209193.27 in reply to 209193.25
Date: 2/8/2012 3:02:32 AM
Surental Lakers
Nationalliga A
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Surental Lakers II
not true at all. i am sorry. best palyers are way to cheap becose they are old.

For you 26 is old? :)

To that monsters: In real basketball players with 20 IS with HN, DR on lvls 2-3 what would be their contribution? How could they score when they cant catch, hold the ball, drible.. Yes it will be 0. Here?

That's true :)

So what i keep saying for seasons is - DEVALUATE JR and SB and tha game will be again unpredictable (if this is what you want - even with best team players your succes will be determined by luck - am gonna hit the right defence focus?)
I like the way - when i am best i should win, when i am not i should praise..

That could be interesting ;)

Last edited by Thabo91 at 2/8/2012 3:02:48 AM

This Post:
209193.28 in reply to 209193.27
Date: 2/8/2012 3:19:02 AM
Nitra Corgons
Extraliga
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Nitra Urpiners
For you 26 is old?

no 26 yo guys are not best these days. best are about 29-32. If some great player is 26 than he is expensive as hell.
i just bought one at the end of season for 4.1M..

Last edited by LA-zajino at 2/8/2012 3:19:25 AM

Message deleted
This Post:
209193.30 in reply to 209193.29
Date: 2/8/2012 3:44:33 AM
Nitra Corgons
Extraliga
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Nitra Urpiners
that is what i am talking about. 180k-210k players are able to play pretty even game with them. and that are sustainable guys for every team. even one monster (250k+) per team is still sustainable. why would you want player like that when you can have similar one for 60k-100k even 150k per week cheaper? That is 0,84M - 2,2M per season only on salary.. Monsters are here for just one reason - keeping economy balanced - so that tanking teams can flush their money somewhere.

Last edited by LA-zajino at 2/8/2012 3:45:21 AM

Advertisement