BuzzerBeater Forums

BB Global (English) > The official season 31 "Ask a BB Day Thread"

The official season 31 "Ask a BB Day Thread" (thread closed)

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
270207.20 in reply to 270207.12
Date: 5/6/2015 8:49:18 AM
TrenseRI
II.3
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
ChiLeaders
Hi is there anything being done to prevent the issues with the site during off season processing? We continue to be told, that it is site instability and that we are responsible for making sure our lineup gets set, but after the craziness that happened last night (generic error page for most of us for several hours) the copy and paste answer of, "I told you before, there is site instability " or "its better than it used to be" just seems unacceptable. I can understand issues while updating leagues and resetting rosters, but that takes place while nothing else is happening other than attempting to buy players for the next season. To have these issues while important league games are being played is extremely frustrating. This time of the season is the most important for buying and selling players and to have the site down is not fair to the seller as there have been players going for way below market value.

Is it possible to just delay the start of meaningful games and until the site instability has been worked out?
What can I say that already hasn't been said? Yes, it's frustrating. No, it can't be fixed or avoided. What happened last night could have been helped, true, by delaying player and staff transfers, but I wasn't awake at the time. It happened at 3:30AM CET, and I cannot help while sleeping. I'll make sure my colleagues reach me next time it happens. As for players going below market values, all I can say, time and time again, is: don't sell for less than you expect as a minimum.
We cannot predict these instabilities, we can only warn about them and we did. We'll do what we can to avoid them in the future but a part of the responsibility for low transfers goes to the sellers which risk their income by trying to get the players in bid wars.

I want to ask for lost transfer players. If you bid for a player and you lost you can't find this player in the transfer list to see the winner bid, only disapears from the list. It's possible in a near future to implement a notification where you can see your overbid transfer players as it exists in Hattrick? And it could be possible to do the same but with the staff?
That's actually a very good suggestion. We'll consider implementing it.

I have a question about players salaries... It says that I am spending 76 000 weekly on them, but my player wages are only about 26 000! Why is that so? I simply can not get enough funds to get out of negative income!
What you are seeing is the player salary floor. It isn't applied for the first 16 weeks so it won't affect you yet, but it's visible so you can prepare for it. Read more about it in the game manual.

Will you be building on the BBAPI so that we can develop our own BB Apps? I have done a bit of development for it in the past but the BBAPI is... limited.

Ultimately it would mean more users/supporters of the game; the BB community has already demonstrated that there are people out there who can do the "heavy lifting" for tools/enhancements, but there hasn't been much around that besides some more open data being provided in season's past.

Edit:
What I'm asking for is the ability to set lineups etc (which require more than the access key).
BBAPI will continue to be developed, but it's just a read only thing, so setting lineups is out of the question. That said, we are considering something similar to BBAPI for the mobile app, which could/would be developed by the community based on a new API which would have "write" capabilities. This is still in preparation phase as there are many questions that need answers before we start any real work but I'm optimistic.

This Post:
270207.22 in reply to 270207.21
Date: 5/6/2015 9:40:39 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Hello BB-MArin :) Thank you for this and of course for the game :)

My questions are:

1. I suggested something about Team Chemistry in the early part of last season. http://www.buzzerbeater.com/community/forum/read.aspx?thr... Is it part of your future plans?

2. And can you please officially clear the question mark about the "Inside" /"Outside" in the Isolation Tactics. What is the meaning of it? Does it mean the place where the isolation will happen or does it mean the players who will do it?

3. Lastly, the Driving-Passing skills. Does the combination of it affect how aggressive is a player when he handles the ball?

This Post:
270207.23 in reply to 270207.1
Date: 5/6/2015 10:02:14 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Marin, could you add more aspects to the game like hiring a coach, making TV contracts with ESPN or TNT, and free agency, that would be helpful

This Post:
270207.24 in reply to 270207.18
Date: 5/6/2015 10:09:42 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
LCD using players as starters that have not been set as such is a somewhat new thing. We haven't decided yet if it is something we don't like yet. It could be said that it is another difference from CPfDC.
I'm not familiar with LCD. In CPfDC normally the designated starter starts and you get pretty good minutes (like 14-34) if the starter is significantly worse than the backup.

In some cases (when the starter is much worse than the backup after accounting for GS and skills, perhaps position/tactics also play a role) the backup starts and minutes go off the chart (44-4, 46-2 and the likes). I'm not completely sure what triggers this, but I'm just mentioning it so everyone's aware, especially if you plan to look at this aspect of the game again in the future.

Thanks for the answer.

Last edited by Lemonshine at 5/6/2015 10:13:00 AM

This Post:
270207.25 in reply to 270207.18
Date: 5/6/2015 10:18:34 AM
Sin City inFamous
IV.16
Overall Posts Rated:

4) Someone speaks about JS improved, but no official speaks in the S31 news. What you can tell about it?

4) Nothing. Who's someone? What is he saying?

i refer to some user, not an official developer. I like to have official position. Thank you.

This is the 3d (269954.1)

5) I can't/won't tell you the specifics. You have to figure that out on your own.

This is impossible. And you know.
I'm a statistician. And to study a thing i need a pool of data. How i can collect that pool of data if i can't reply the condition, the environment? Not a single match can be done with same environment in a season. Collecting too much matches meanings knowing about the skills of all the teams involved... At least with PIC-Normal-Mots and Home Court Advantage we know what it affected (shooting percentage, Team Ball Handling, rebounding...) and we know where we can address the study, about GDP nobody told us what we have to control in a match.

But ok, no problem. I imagine this is the policy.

I guess you're asking where we are with the app? It's still in it's beginnings.

yep, i literally translate from an italian sentence, probably it doesn't meaning the same in english... sorry.

Last, but not least,
-For policy you can't answer to GE question (and it's ok, i disagree but it's a defined choice)
-about the future of the GE, i'm trying to understand if answer n°2 meanings that you're considering everything in the GE or if you don't know what to do.. so the answer is "doubtfully"
-about the future implementation of the game you
don't feel like it at the moment

you requested things BB-related, and the 3d is "Ask a BB".

It seems Ask is used as "suggest", instead of the "common meaning", if you gave no clear answer game related, or not?

Last edited by GM-Dyd at 5/6/2015 10:19:21 AM

This Post:
270207.26 in reply to 270207.20
Date: 5/6/2015 10:34:37 AM
UJAP Kemper 29
IV.30
Overall Posts Rated:
Hi Marin,

Is it possible to add other information in the BBAPI (staff, training, NT...) ?

This Post:
270207.27 in reply to 270207.26
Date: 5/6/2015 10:58:49 AM
DK Shaolins
I.1
Overall Posts Rated:
Hello Marin,

First i would like to thank you for this "BB day"

Like a previous manager, i would like you to add a "team chemistry" parameter. I think it is fair to give an advantage to managers that build long-term teams. I don't think it should affect the stamina of the player you just bought. I think "team chemistry" should affect the team, not a player. Why not a "team chemistry" grade who would affect the team's performance (like enthusiasm does) ? It seems realistic and would help to "fight" daytrading and managers buying big players just before PO for example.

Regards,

Nuff

This Post:
270207.28 in reply to 270207.26
Date: 5/6/2015 11:08:31 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Hey,

I a thinking about cup games. Seems like there isnt value for your country rank. I suggest used it for Cup games, when will divide and raffle pairs for next round. For example - Team with CR 1 plays against team with CR 30. 2 with 29, and go on. It will provide stongest teams in the end of cup, and will quickly remove bots from competition...also, teams will receive cup money,which sometimes goes to bots, which in lucky draw, gets throgh 4-5 rounds, sometimes.And in the end, that will give importance for your CR.:)
Is my idea acceptable?

thanks in advance, for reading this.:)

Last edited by Armiins at 5/6/2015 11:08:51 AM

This Post:
270207.30 in reply to 270207.19
Date: 5/6/2015 11:31:48 AM
TrenseRI
II.3
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
ChiLeaders
#1 Blank lineup prevention code you've introduced allows to set 2 blank lineup positions (even if you select more than 3 players to the match), so people who used that before still have an advantage (40% of advantage) over other managers who are not aware of blank lineup's profits and everything related to this thing. Why couldn't you make it to 0? It would solve a problem for good
#2 In last season's news you mentioned about considering changing the home-court advantage for the finals games. Are there any decisions about that?
#1 I don't have a good answer for that, we'll consider setting that to 0.
2# Nothing has changed about it yet. We discussed it in length and decided not to change it. I guess opinions are still split and it's just best to leave it as it is at the moment.

What are you doing to slow the decrease of the user base?
We have a couple of ideas which I cannot discuss in public. Also, we are trying to encourage our users to promote us by talking to their friends, via blog or similar reviews and video tutorials and/or reviews. We decided to be generous with Supporter for such initiatives.

1. I suggested something about Team Chemistry in the early part of last season. (http://www.buzzerbeater.com/community/forum/read.aspx?thr...) Is it part of your future plans?

2. And can you please officially clear the question mark about the "Inside" /"Outside" in the Isolation Tactics. What is the meaning of it? Does it mean the place where the isolation will happen or does it mean the players who will do it?

3. Lastly, the Driving-Passing skills. Does the combination of it affect how aggressive is a player when he handles the ball?
1. No, the last season arguments still stand.
2. The place. The players are chosen depending on their skills.
3. I can't/won't say, sorry.

Marin, could you add more aspects to the game like hiring a coach, making TV contracts with ESPN or TNT, and free agency, that would be helpful
Ummm...OK...

4) Someone speaks about JS improved, but no official speaks in the S31 news. What you can tell about it?

4) Nothing. Who's someone? What is he saying?

i refer to some user, not an official developer. I like to have official position. Thank you.

This is the 3d (269954.1)

It seems Ask is used as "suggest", instead of the "common meaning", if you gave no clear answer game related, or not?
I refuse to comment on allegations made based on one match. As a statistician, you should why.
As for the last sentence you wrote, I don't understand the question.

Is it possible to add other information in the BBAPI (staff, training, NT...) ?
Of course it's possible. Lets talk about it more in the BBAPI forum.

I a thinking about cup games. Seems like there isnt value for your country rank. I suggest used it for Cup games, when will divide and raffle pairs for next round. For example - Team with CR 1 plays against team with CR 30. 2 with 29, and go on. It will provide stongest teams in the end of cup, and will quickly remove bots from competition...also, teams will receive cup money,which sometimes goes to bots, which in lucky draw, gets throgh 4-5 rounds, sometimes.And in the end, that will give importance for your CR.:)
Is my idea acceptable?
Not really. We like the random factor. With it and a bit of luck, weaker teams can get further this way. Your way, only top division teams would compete in te last couple of rounds.

Advertisement