Suggestions > Delay Effort for BB3

Delay Effort for BB3

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
30580.20 in reply to 30580.19
Date: 5/18/2008 8:16:23 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Ok - so delay box scores isnt a viable option..

So how can it be made that each team has an identical amount of updates after there league game on Tues and their BB3 game?

Playing away with lvl10-11 enthusiasm vs a home team who's managed to keep lvl 12-13 (only by virtue of where they are in the BB world gepgraphically) seems an unfair advantage.

This Post:
30580.21 in reply to 30580.20
Date: 5/20/2008 2:00:01 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
It seems to me that a BB would have to do this manually for the affected teams - although this could get complicated adjusting enthusiasm up for the BBB game and then down for the cup game to ensure fairness for the cup opponent. Even though this appears to be really complicated or tedious, I agree that not to do so would provide too strong of an advantage to one team.

This Post:
30580.22 in reply to 30580.10
Date: 5/23/2008 6:28:14 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
I guess also come the latter stages this might dawn on some of the best European teams if they then get drawn against a US/Canadian/Brazilian opponent.

i play my best team in bbb anyway and i will use playoff crunch time anyway.
everybody is welcome to know.

This Post:
30580.23 in reply to 30580.21
Date: 5/23/2008 10:13:08 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
The maximum I can go into a game with is Enthusiasm 11 (and thats assuming I am at home) I have an update 7 hours later so if I draw a European team or further west I go in with Enthusiasm 10.

A north american team can play with Enthusiasm 12 at home.......

So combine this with HCA and you are destined for one outcome.......

This Post:
30580.24 in reply to 30580.23
Date: 12/4/2008 11:41:44 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Can this thread be revisited.. (thanks Juice for locating it!). It petered out without any conclusion.

I maintain that there is a geographical bias that can help western teams in BB3 games. I dont think this is in question - the question is will anything ever be done. Why should living in Australia give you less chance of success than Venezuela?

Is it a marginal difference - Yes... is a marginal difference enough to swing a higher % of 50/50 games in your favour - Yes.

Well 3 seasons in and i'm probably sounding like a broken record but here goes.

Will the unfair scheduling advantage for teams that are geographically located in the Americas ever be addressed?

My point again for those that are still unaware is that if a team like Ayra Eagles in Iran gets drawn away to Uruguay (one of next weeks ties) then Eagles have I think 2 updates to Uruguays 1 after their last league matches.

With most teams storing enthusiasm to give themselves a best possible chance of progressing a team that Tues finishes on Enth 13 their Enthusiasm will drop to 11 on Weds update and if they have to then have Thursdays update before playing away then this is IMO a very big advantage to add to the fact they are playing away.

Compound this with your opponents HCA and i think you have now crossed into a part of the game where the odds are now unfairly stacked in favour to the managers based in the Americas.

The argument of having a National Appeal coach can be counteracted with the Crowd Involvement so this isnt a solution.

Oh and the argument that the team in the west gets a better enthusiasm to play in their NT is nonsense as well as it is most likely going to be a one time deal (due to higher% chance of elimination from BB3!)

I am away to a Turkish team next week with my 2nd update 1hr after the game tips off... so Japan to some parts of Europe is even far enough apart to cause the disparity in optimum enthusiasm.

Just imagine New Zealands champs chances... basically an away draw to anyone in Europe and westwards is not giving him the same opportunites as everyone else.

I really hope an official response and action can now be taken to eradicate this Unfair Advantage.