324393.20 in reply to 324393.18
Date: 6/28/2024 4:18:46 PM
white snake
II.1
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Black Forest Boars
Hey!
You can consider me part of the staff. I do not have any specific role or a tag. Hopefully that clears this out!

No, absolutly not. If you are part of something, you have tasks, responsibilities and competences. Even a janitor has them, so stop the fairy telling.

Last edited by Nachtmahr at 6/28/2024 4:20:19 PM

This Post:
324393.21 in reply to 324393.18
Date: 6/28/2024 4:29:58 PM
In honorem Heinrici II.
III.9
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Bamberg Gladiators
Perhaps I consider you as the person responsible for moving the discussion from the forum to the infantile chat platform discord, so that there are now, quite unnecessarily, two places for parallel discussions in which different people and possibly also different (interest) groups are active?

Last edited by Shadow at 6/28/2024 4:31:31 PM

Derrick "Daddy Cool" Taylor - unvergessen
This Post:
324393.22 in reply to 324393.18
Date: 6/28/2024 4:53:48 PM
Hamburg Albatrosses
II.4
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Korean S. Fighters
Hey!
You can consider me part of the staff. I do not have any specific role or a tag. Hopefully that clears this out!

Sorry, mate! You used to be CM-Alonso and now you‘re „just“ Alonso. There‘s quite possibly a reason for that. And I‘m also rather disappointed that we cannot discuss topics that concern this beautiful game INSIDE this game. We have great forums, they are a big reason why I still play this game. And yes, I did install Discord because you asked me. Right after our conversation I deleted it. I really don‘t like it that discussions concerning this game are being held somewhere else. Especially where part of the community cannot have a say because they don’t use Discord. And when I signed up for BB, either discord didn’t exist back then. But at least there was nothing that said: „you’ll also have to install Discord in order to participate in this game“. If discussions (suggestions for improvements etc) would solely take place here in the forums, everyone that has signed up for BB has the possibility to voice his/ her concerns. Everyone can decide if they want to participate and a couple of people won’t. But I won’t add another app in order to participate in this game. But I want to. I love this game. I‘m more than concerned now with the new ownership that this game might change in ways that will make me quit this game. I don‘t want to quit. And I very much hope I‘ll be proven wrong in my concerns. But communication is one of the key elements. And that communication should solely take place HERE and not somewhere else.

Cheers everyone!

Du hast nicht genug Geld, um dieses Gebot abzugeben!
This Post:
324393.23 in reply to 324393.22
Date: 6/28/2024 5:15:05 PM
Jack Sparrow
IV.58
Overall Posts Rated:
Another possible bad news

(322520.22)

This Post:
324393.24 in reply to 324393.18
Date: 6/28/2024 5:24:09 PM
C.B Simeon
IV.51
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Los Penúltimos
What nobody understands is why you are here opening these threads. These things are always preceded by a BB-. And even less about a change that will happen in the coming seasons, as if you were the one who set the times and the pace of the game. From what I see, I think you have trouble understanding something quite simple: You are just one more, you are not special. Nor are you an official channel even if you try to be one.

People don't want to talk on Discord, they want to talk here, comment and debate with the owners who are the ones who should change the game. This is not so difficult to understand I think.

I guess the new owners don't know about your ways because they haven't been around long, but a large part of the BB community doesn't respect you and believe me, I'm pretty sure you know the reason why. If you really love the game, you would step aside. You don't have to and shouldn't do the game communications yourself, it's a label that unless it changes officially, it's not yours.

I have nothing against changes and the advancement of the game, like everything else, is necessary in this life, but this is not the point.

Simply, as many users say, you have no role and you take advantage of the change of owners to get in a little more. And I repeat, it's not personal, it's about the character you're trying to create here. It's not the place, not in this way.

Last edited by Tim Thibodeau at 6/28/2024 5:29:20 PM

This Post:
324393.25 in reply to 324393.5
Date: 6/28/2024 5:56:25 PM
BC Vitosha Sofia
II.1
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Sofia Alpha Dogz
Two main problems with the current salary formula is that:
- IS is free for SF, which makes no sense considering that ID (a defensive skill that is used to stop SFs with high IS) costs for SF.
- OD is free for PF, which makes no sense considering that JS (an offensive skills used to overcome PFs with high OD) costs for PF.

In other words, the thing that needs fixing is that IS should cost for a SF position just as much as ID does, and OD should cost for a PF position just as much as JS does. No need to make OD cost for C. It should stay free just as JS is free for C, and if you train a C with high OD, their salary formula will naturally at some point switch to a PF position. Same goes with IS for guards, if you train a player with JS/OD/IS 20+, they would probably be SFs, just like how players with JS/OD/ID 20+ are SFs now.

Of course, you can't just make IS cost for SF just as much as ID does, without tweaking the rest of the salary formula for SF as well, otherwise all the current top guards would be SFs with 400k+ salaries. So SF formula needs the most tweaking, and PF formula needs some changes as well.

Other positions only need some minor tweaking, like balancing the salary formula between PG & SG position so we would have roughly equal amount of players in both position, while right now there are 2-3x more PGs than SGs, at least at high levels. Probably reducing a little bit the cost of HA & PA for PG would be a good start.
^
|___ This man knows his sh*t. Listen to him, please.

Some more remarks:

When balancing the formulas, do not just make those skills cost more. Make others cost a bit less as well. Crappy players need to be paid less and top players need to remain roughly where they are now salary-wise.

Together with salaries, adjust potential formulas accordingly. Otherwise we are destined to see some crazy stuff.

Reflect those salary / potential adjustments in the BM tool, so that we know what we are doing training-wise. I do not wish to spend 8-10 seasons training players blindfolded...

Last edited by mink0ff at 6/28/2024 6:09:54 PM

BBB: 2 (S37 S38); Top tier: 7 (S35 S36 S37 S38 S39 S41 S63); Cup: 9 (S25 S35 S36 S37 S38 S39 S40 S41 S61)
This Post:
324393.26 in reply to 324393.23
Date: 6/28/2024 6:09:50 PM
Hamburg Albatrosses
II.4
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Korean S. Fighters
Another possible bad news

(322520.22)

Thanks for pointing that info out. I love the forums even though I admit they were a bit confusing when I started playing BB. And the search (almost) never really found what I had been looking for. But there are a lot of very helpful people here - so I‘d be sorry if the forums would go completely. Different/ better version? Perhaps a good thing. But it largely depends on who decided how better forums would look like. And hopefully that someone wouldn’t be one who favors Discord over the current forums…

Du hast nicht genug Geld, um dieses Gebot abzugeben!
This Post:
324393.27 in reply to 324393.5
Date: 6/29/2024 1:01:10 AM
white snake
II.1
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Black Forest Boars
I am with you on this. Currently the salary formula "values" the skill sets differently.
It is easy to build a low cost player, who is a counterpart to an expensive type. So there is an unbalanced situation.

An increase in some skills should also mean a decrease in other skills. Without that the overall salaries would go up. A SF who can do everything would skyrock.

This Post:
324393.29 in reply to 324393.1
Date: 6/29/2024 2:51:30 AM
QQguest
II.3
Overall Posts Rated:
This thread is for you to give us feedback over what skills in your eyes needs an update, how much do you think we should change it, should we make it a lot more expensive or just a little bit more expensive?
And since we aim that salaries will stay about the same, what skills should we make cheaper? How much cheaper?

Please focus about that and not about when it will happen or things related to the implementation itself (we will ask your opinion about that later 😉 )
I personally think that,
1. Rebounding in PG/SG/SF/PF/C can be a little bit lower (all other skills that is not free for each position can be slightly increased);
2. Passing in PG can be a little bit lower, while Outside Defense can be increased a little bit.

3. Using the same salary update method as in S37 and S38, the salary gap between high secondary skills and low secondary skills can be slightly increased again.

Advertisement