BB Sports Network

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
14411.200 in reply to 14411.1
Date: 10/25/2009 10:07:47 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Ye Yongan makes a good league game debut
It has been his third game at home, yet people have been expecting the day wherein Ye Yongan plays the PPL game. There was this cup game wherein a loss means an end to the run, a private league against one of the best teams in the country, and this league game.

But this is not just a league game, it's the PPL, wherein nothing lese matters, and with this test, no one must fail.

Ye Yongan debuts for the PPL against the surprising newcomer team midterm. 20339 came to the PAL arena to witness what this guy could do. Can he make the team or break the rotation?

Yongan battled all critics by posting up an impressive debut, putting up 16 points in 22 minutes, with four three pointers, and two assists in the home game win against midterm. He, however, played in only 22 minutes as he was in foul trouble throughout the game.

Fellow Chinese Zhong Xianchong managed to fill up the void off the bench, yet he didn't deliver. And it was still Yongan who managed to play better basketball.

"Yongan is a good player, it's just that he's not used to the Pinoy play and he's just getting through, learning the bits and ends of the game." says one fan.

Hipolito Guarnes was the savior of the game, putting a season-rare 33 points, with Mervyn Jamora had 32 points, and Yongan had 16. Only the three of them managed to score in double figures for the Polydozels. Guarnes has been somewhat struggling, not giving the usual points but still is the main scorer, and Jamora doing consistent display of talent on the floor.

Carlos Castrogiovanni is sidelined for two weeks and this would be good time for Yongan to show his skills and help the team get a seat to the playoffs. Polydozel staff is not sure if the Argentine Castrogiovanni could play before the playoffs, but they have high hopes that at least a couple of games, he can play.

"I can't wait until next season to play with Yongan and help the team, we're both the new guys here, and we need to gel up with the system here." says Castrogiovanni.

This Post:
14411.201 in reply to 14411.1
Date: 10/27/2009 8:33:12 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Ignacio Gelle for sale

Ignacio Gelle, former Philippines NT player and Ireland league I.1's bright young superstar, has been put on to sale due to team disqualification. After much debate and drama, he came up with the decision to leave the team.

"I want out for the reason that I have to play good ball and go further than my potential. I'm getting stuck here."

Gelle, known for his intense offense and rebounding ability, was ruthless in that season in racking up double-doubles, night after night he was active in both categories, as he averages 17.5 points and 16.7 rebounds.

"He was at first, a pretty exemplary scorer, then a tenacious rebounder... but, this season is his time, where he matured more, and able to dominate in both categories." says one expert analyst.

It's Gelle's season, indeed, where career highs and absolutely stunning basketball is being displayed. Many are very hopeful that he won't stop soaring with his big upside, and still young, could be one of the country's best someday.

Message deleted
This Post:
14411.203 in reply to 14411.201
Date: 2/14/2010 2:10:28 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Kings dropped 2nd game in a row

Despite the 12571 paid fans in the Kansas Kings Arena, fireram defeated the Kings to make the Kings lose 2 games in a row yesterday, 88-66.

The fans were disappointed when their team lost to the 3rd seed of the Great 8 which is only one game behind the Kings. "It was an hard yet challenging game for us the team and for the fans." Romel Torilla said.

Rastko Antonijević of fireram contributed 20 points, 8 rebounds and 2 blocks. Ugis Skaugis churned out a double-double of 16 points and 15 rebounds, while Floyd Sabela pour in 14 points.

Karol Kudzia scored a team-high 17 points. Mahusay Millitante poured 14 points while Torilla 9 rebounds while no King churned out at least 10 rebounds.

Watch the next Kings game on the road with Rubber Soul Reloaded as opponent on Tuesday 7 p.m.

This Post:
14411.204 in reply to 14411.203
Date: 12/31/2010 12:52:41 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
The Injury-Plagued Rockets next move after its relegation, REBUILD.

After a very disappointing 6-16 record in season 14, the Rockets' manager bluness decided to do one thing, REBUILD.
The Rockets started with a 0-5 record when the team's former key player Ritchie Ikotun was injured for 3 weeks during the season 14's Finals Game. Ikotun only played 6 games for the Rockets averages 18.2ppg,5rpg,4.5apg and 1.2spg.

Ikotun's numbers are not that impressive with his stat range, so the manager decided to sell him and buy 1 center, 1 guard and 1 prospect. After being sold by 4.5m, he was replaced by Enzo Ruperti, a promising guard in the future, Kuldar Pärn, a sniper from outside and Izak Kunteper, the Inside stopper.

After that transfer, the Rockets climbed up to the 6th spot but another crucial injury happened during the team's 18th game. Ikotun's former bestfriend, Sylvain Lécureuil, was injured for a week. "It was so frustrating that our main scorer was injured during the last 4 games, we were trying to avoid automatic relegation but still, our superstar was injured. I guess this is the teams destiny.", manager bluness said.

"Right now, the manager and staffs are trying to rebuild. Even if it means losing me too, i don't have a choice. I love this team, and i hope the manager would change his mind on selling me.", Sylvain Lécureuil said.

The Rockets are shopping some of their players now and another batch of players will be put on transfer list soon.

This Post:
14411.205 in reply to 14411.203
Date: 1/1/2011 10:16:37 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Dancalan reaches 1st ever finals

Recently, the Infantry Dancalan reaches its first-ever appearance in the finals by defeating Boracay, 103-81, in the Infantry Dancalan Convention Center (IDCC).

The team which had strings of playoff disappointments in the past, finally erased its painful memories of elimination. The team which overhaul its roster by bringing in 4 new players, which includes the team's version of the "Twin Towers" in Shao Baojian and Liu Huixiong and a new 6th man in Michail Chatzicharalampous from Hellas brought new life to the Dancalan which also returned to its original franchise name of Infantry Dancalan.

"We were very happy to see that the team mix in well with our new players that resulted to its current success." said a Dancalan official. Pelagia Molina also said "I was almost demanding the team to trade me to another team unless the roster gets better and better but I was glad that we reach the finals, and we hope that we would win our first crown for the franchise."

The 1st quarter ended in a 19-18 lead for the home team but they come to life and secured a 12-point halftime lead and never looked back.

Molina scored a team-high 25 points and grabbed 5 rebounds while Liu and Shao combined 9 points, 27 rebounds and 4 blocks. Rizal Samson made a spark off the bench with 20 points and 8 rebounds.

Alan Enriquez scored a game-high 27 points while the duo of Primo Biazzi and Calvin Robles combined for 9 points and 27 rebounds.

The Dancalan will face the Big 8 champions baracuda team in the best-of-3 championship series beginning Tuesday at the IDCC, at 6:30 pm. While the baracuda team will host game 2 on Saturday and if necessary a deciding game on Sunday at the IDCC

This Post:
14411.206 in reply to 14411.204
Date: 1/1/2011 10:34:37 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Upset, still Semi-finalist?

Despite of being a Semi-finalist contender for 3 consecutive season " Maguindanao Warlords " never had a chance to step up for being a Finalist in League II.3.

" I've done my best to fill up the weakness of the Team last Season and that is the Inside defense and Inside Power of the Our team, so I decided to put our best guard Edmund Millares in the Transfer List so We can acquired Leandro Terralavoro a well rounded Center that can be a big treat in Offense and Defense inside, even though the Outside Offense flow of our Team affected in that decision so We decided to acquired a young Guard Who will fill up the Empty position left by Edmund Millares a pure Guard namely Yakgnesan Vaidhyanathan, but in the end We finished at the same spot a Semi-finalist Contender, I dont know What's wrong in our team I've done my best to reach our Goal but its not enough. " Manager YnZaHg said.

Last game played by " Maguindanao Warlords " to its opponent " Bugas " is a thrilling game but their superstar guard CM-Calvert Manaalstas are not in his game. there is a possible rebuilding occurred in the Team next season We will see What happen next week,if they will put some of their player in transfer list.

Last edited by Herman Katipunan at 1/1/2011 10:37:56 AM

This Post:
14411.207 in reply to 14411.206
Date: 1/1/2011 11:13:05 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
New Chapter, Aim to Higher Spot

That upset is already done the New Chapter of " Maguindanao Warlords " are soon to be Open in this coming Season, the 15th Season of the Buzzerbeater, sooner or later the problem of the team regarding to the salary of players and staff will occur. Stating season 15 the Management Who own the " Maguindanao Warlords " said if they can't handle the salary increase and can't sustain the team,they will rebuild the team and no rework will be done, they will also put CM-Calvert Manaalstas in transfer list to survive in this business.

" If ever that situation will happen, I have no choice but to accept the fact or the reality that someday I will be play in other team, because this is a business and I understand their decision, this is a part of being a player I'm not mad to the management but rather thankful to them because they build me as a player . I'm so bless and no regrets that in my previous year as Player I became part of this team. " CM said.

" The Team will be more determine and Work hard as a team our Ace Player Jess Angelo Placer hopefully will step up and carry the team from the Finals Next Season, Leandro Terralavoro, Xilberte Parte, José Pozuelo, Su Zugui, Yakgnesan Vaidhyanathan and other players surely will help the team to achieve that goal " Manager YnZaHg said.

Maguindanao Warlords are full of hope in this press release that their Goal will be achieve next season.

Last edited by Herman Katipunan at 1/1/2011 11:14:41 AM

This Post:
14411.208 in reply to 14411.1
Date: 1/1/2011 11:39:48 AM
Manila Bombers
PPL
Overall Posts Rated:
Bombers reach League IV.44 Finals for second straight season

Bombers beat Hunkz 93-69 on new year's day and earn another chance to promote to a higher division. Led by Peter Michael Carcellar, the Bombers's inside offense clearly took advantage of the 1-3-1 zone set against them. Antonio Saura fought valiantly to keep Hunkz within striking distance hitting shot after shot against any defender placed on him but got little help as his teammates shot 27% for a total of 37 points.

Carcellar led the Bombers with 20 points, grabbed 15 rebounds and added 5 blocks while Romel Trespeses almost had a triple double with 18 points, 14 rebounds and 9 assists to lead the balanced Bombers. It did not help when Hunkz's rotation, already shortened by Juan Jose Dodero's injury, lost another player when Alex Lao-ang, the team's starting point guard, fouled out after playing only 26 minutes.

The Bombers are set to play against the Big 8 champions Eggnoggs on January 4, 2011 at the Hidden Arena II.

Last edited by Greedy at 1/1/2011 11:56:36 AM

This Post:
14411.209 in reply to 14411.198
Date: 1/14/2011 7:43:57 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Allenian SuperSonics, Optimistic for the next season

After a terrible exit at the playoffs last season,the manager of the SuperSonics made a promise to the fans that the next season would be a speacial one.Preparations for Season 15 of leage 1V.46 had been already accomplished.

And that was evident after their tuned up game againts sonolenga (101-97),a division III team of portugal last night.A very exciting game where it goes down who wanted the game more than the other.

The Sonics attack was led by Lech Samelko who posted 23 pts and 6 rebs.Ippolito Innocenzi also contributed 21pts,9 rebs. and 8 assits on the game.But the suprise of the night was the Sonics 12th pick of the draft,Ambrocio del Valle .Del Valle who posted promising numbers as a rookie got 14 pts and 14 rebs in that game.Fellow rookie Gabriel Marlon Elumbra, contributed for 7 pts,11 assts and 2 steals.

"I am very happy from what i saw in that game ,especially for the rookies but not yet contented because the team still lacks chemistry.But overall were much more better than last season." said Ray Christian coach of the Sonics.

The first game of the league will be agaist Talisay Canines,a semi finalist last season,the said game would be the barometer whether the Sonics can be a Championship contender or not.

This Post:
14411.210 in reply to 14411.208
Date: 1/15/2011 1:15:58 AM
Manila Bombers
PPL
Overall Posts Rated:
Manila Bombers Off-season News Reel

Bombers edge Eggnoggs 92-88. Gives Greedy his second trophy

With Eggnoggs making a final run near the end of the 4th quarter, general manager Greedy was at the edge of his seat, fearing that they might need a decisive game 3. But when the buzzer sounded, he finally breath a sigh of relief. The Manila Bombers just won their first championship and Greedy's first since he was managing the Secret Warriors back in season 8.

Bombers acquire Daniel Corono

After winning the championship, Greedy immediately worked to improve the team by swapping Charlemagne Manila with Daniel Corono. The team wanted to keep Manila as he has the potential to become a perennial all star. However, he cannot improve much as he is buried in the bench with Romel Trespeses starting and Renan Daduya replacing him off the bench.

Romel Trespeses is the clear leader of the team last season. But with the Bombers promoting to Division III, he wouldn't stand a chance against the stronger big men. Daduya, once a formidable big man, is now just a shadow of himself. For season 15, his role is more of a mentor than a player. Thus, in getting Corono, the team has solved this problem.

Bombers select Eleno Montejo in season 14 draft

With the sixteenth pick in the draft, the team is not expecting much. However, when their second choice Montejo is available during their turn to pick, they wasted no time in choosing him. Also selected in the second and third round are Lin cousins Lin Kainan and Lin Yingyuan. As the owner wants to limit the roster to 15 players, the team had to cut Lin Yingyuan.

Last edited by Greedy at 1/15/2011 1:17:28 AM

Advertisement