This Post:
112622.21 in reply to 112622.19
Date: 9/22/2009 1:09:04 PM
Jokehim Maniacs
SBBL
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Jokehim Maniacs II
My concern is only when a user are suggesting something it must not be met with a respons indicating that this is too difficult unless that is the case.

There's a vast difference in stating that something is not easy to implement (which is what I'm saying), and stating that something is too difficult to be implemented (which I have NOT said).

It just puzzles me that you so often must clarify that things are not easy to implement. Is there anything you consider as simple to implement then? If so many things are not easy to implement it worries me as that would indicate that the coding is quite messy in structure.

But if you got the message from someone who actually are the ones who are coding the stuff for BB then you are probably correct in your judgement.

But for me I would expect things to rather be on low priority than a difficulty thing to do or with your phrasing not easy thing to do.

This Post:
112622.22 in reply to 112622.17
Date: 9/22/2009 1:30:43 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
you been told so I trust you but if not I think that you should not correct people with your truth.

I don't come out and state these things randomly or guess things and then state it as fact if I haven't verified it as such.

At least rarely you do (for example nt rankings bug).

(not the point of course but stated it as a fact .) )

This Post:
112622.23 in reply to 112622.21
Date: 9/22/2009 1:53:49 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
If so many things are not easy to implement it worries me as that would indicate that the coding is quite messy in structure.

This sounds very much like a statement from someone who has never worked on commercial websites (maybe you have, in which case you should know better). Frankly, almost *nothing* is easy to implement when you have to deal with large databases with scaling issues being accessed by users all over the world using all sorts of browsers in many different languages.

That said, even a cursory look at the NT pages should give you a hint at why this might not be trivial to implement: NT ID's are not part of the regular team ID sections, NT overview pages are NOT identical to club team overview pages, the relationship between team ID and manager is not static (nor is it for club teams, but it's dynamic in a totally different way), enthusiasm changes are calculated differently for the NT than for club teams suggesting GE differences, league/playoff structures are totally different, and on and on and on. Any one of those could make it difficult to implement, the combination of all of them (and more) certainly means it's likely not going to be a cut-and-paste job from the code for club-based trophies.

On top of all of that, if we know anything about how the BB's operate, when they put this in, they will want it to be an automated process that will work in the future with whatever other changes they might be planning. So a one-time manual assignment of trophies to the winners is not likely to be a solution they find appealing.

This Post:
112622.24 in reply to 112622.18
Date: 9/22/2009 2:17:18 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Welcome to the rematch,the fight is starting...and yes,yes,Jokehim win....
JuicePats LOSE AGAIN
Sorry Juice,but if you don't have the reason,you have to admit it

I'm losing in having to read yet another pointless, misguided attempt at a post from you.

If someone use solid argument to give an opinion about a thing,you don't answer at his questions
If someone want to be ironic in a post(do you really think I'm four years old?),you don't understand him

Ok,maybe is better to not write any post...

This Post:
112622.25 in reply to 112622.23
Date: 9/22/2009 2:57:23 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Have you just said automate process in connection with BB? Not a typical way how things run here.

This Post:
112622.26 in reply to 112622.24
Date: 9/22/2009 3:06:43 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Welcome to the rematch,the fight is starting...and yes,yes,Jokehim win....
JuicePats LOSE AGAIN
Sorry Juice,but if you don't have the reason,you have to admit it

I'm losing in having to read yet another pointless, misguided attempt at a post from you.

If someone use solid argument to give an opinion about a thing,you don't answer at his questions
If someone want to be ironic in a post(do you really think I'm four years old?),you don't understand him

Ok,maybe is better to not write any post...

What are you contributing other than a 4-year-old-like yelling of things like "JOKEHIM WIN JUICE LOSE YAY"?

NO ONE at this table ordered a rum & Coke
Charles: Penn has some good people
A CT? Really?
Any two will do
Any three for me
Any four will score
Any five are live
This Post:
112622.27 in reply to 112622.26
Date: 9/22/2009 3:11:05 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
And what were your answers to Jokehim,over"it is difficult to implment(untrue thing)"?

This Post:
112622.28 in reply to 112622.27
Date: 9/22/2009 3:11:51 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
You're quite capable of reading my answers.

NO ONE at this table ordered a rum & Coke
Charles: Penn has some good people
A CT? Really?
Any two will do
Any three for me
Any four will score
Any five are live
This Post:
112622.29 in reply to 112622.28
Date: 9/22/2009 3:21:35 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
You're quite capable of reading my answers.

yeah,and you wrote 4-5 post with the same answers... ;D
However for me the discussion(not the insert of Nt trophies,eh) is closed

Last edited by Steve Karenn at 9/22/2009 3:21:49 PM

This Post:
112622.30 in reply to 112622.23
Date: 9/22/2009 5:23:24 PM
Jokehim Maniacs
SBBL
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Jokehim Maniacs II
You are commenting on dynamic changes that are related to enthusiasm changes and so on. That I can certainly understand is very messy as well as changing game engine and so on. To improve that must certainly be difficult. You must try to the best of your capacity understand what might happen with changes in a little bit improvement in blocking for a player in terms of match progress and so on and then try to find an efficient way of testing it. I really find this very difficult to get well. In fact this is probably the main part they been dealing with during the years the site built up. I am impressed by how well they solved this and created a simulator that makes sense.

But my two examples of NT trophys and publishing results from past NT & U21 tournaments deals with something very different to what you describe. Here the process is already over. What you need to do is to look at history matches for NT and U21 teams and look at tags for them and then recalculate the final tables to show them in exactly the same format as current season. You would have to add a bar as well to that. For an experienced programmer do I still doubt that this is not pretty easy. I do believe that it might take maybe even some working days before it is finished though as even pretty simple things can take a long time.

Regarding the trophies would that also be linked to previous seasons. And to based on NT & U21 database (might be in same database of course) be able to figure out what teams that played the final and to add a trophy to team does not sound difficult. And there actually is a team ID for national teams. Starting from 1 for seniors and 1001 for U21.

For me at least it is a huge difference between a finalized (as in past results) database and a dynamic ever changing database. That it is almost a hopeless situation to go back in time if a bug occur is for me very understandable.

But even if I got the impression that both the NT trophy and the NT history tournaments (now implemented actually) are relatively easy things to implement it must not be so. I could be very wrong. I did though ask JuicyPats if he knew this or just assumed it without anything to back it up with because if so I think that he can have a bit more gentle responses than to pretty heavily mark words from users that might even be justifiable.

Advertisement