BuzzerBeater Forums

BB Global (English) > Quo vadis BuzzerBeater?

Quo vadis BuzzerBeater?

Set priority
Show messages by

This Post:
171090.21 in reply to 171090.20
Date: 1/20/2011 8:52:24 PM
New York Chunks
II.2
Overall Posts Rated:
One time, I really cared about this stuff, though I don't really remember what exactly the stuff was, but it reminded me of the times when I was in that cage and I felt really sad and the bad people said I should shut up and stop crying and then they threw this stuff in the cage and that's the stuff I really cared about, but I didn't care about the bad people, at least not until they went away and then I started thinking about them and what they might be doing and all that, which is when I would cry some more and get really afraid that something would happen to the stuff, but now everything is okay and I have lots of stuff that I don't care about so much anymore, but sometimes there is stuff that I do care about.

Don't ask what sort of Chunks they are, you probably don't want to know. Blowing Chunks since Season 4!

This Post:
171090.22 in reply to 171090.20
Date: 1/20/2011 9:05:18 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
+1

Totally agree. The live experience, in my opinion, is for sure one of the most appreaciated things from BB and it shouldn't be spoiled with mistaken commentaries on the game viewer because, even though it's not a problem of the Game Engine (so such things as one player trying to block his teammate do not really affect on the probability of that shot being scored or not), it still gets me a bit annoyed watching this type of plays more than twice every single game or watching how the referees give my team the ball after a lost ball in a rebound and its my opponents shot clock the one ticking down.

This Post:
171090.23 in reply to 171090.22
Date: 1/20/2011 10:23:28 PM
Kitakyushu
ASL
Overall Posts Rated:
watching how the referees give my team the ball after a lost ball in a rebound and its my opponents shot clock the one ticking down.

I really hate this one...It drives me crazy..The other teams shot clocking is running down and my team shoots the ball..It doesn't get any worse than this in my opinion.

This Post:
171090.24 in reply to 171090.14
Date: 1/21/2011 6:40:00 PM
Overall Posts Rated:

We didn't make any changes to the game engine, we just inserted new commentary lines. So all changes you may notice will not affect game results and are just in the match viewer.

How is this even possible? You changed the rebounding to reflect team rebounding and less individual rebounding right? We now get all of these scuffle for the ball's and ball goes out of bounds while team A tries to rebound. Is this just text?

On that note, this new team rebounding thing is great, if your team isnt a very good rebounding team. One would think that balls going out of bounds rebounding or scuffles for the ball would favor better rebounding teams. I.E. If my team is better at rebounding I will get more team rebounds comparably on average. From what I have seen so far this season, they run about 50/50 ish. All that time and money I put into making sure I was a good rebounding team was wasted. I could have trained or payed for something else and just let scuffles and out of bounds kind of even things up a bit. I really really hope I am dead wrong about this, but so far everything I have seen this season says bingo. Peeved

This Post:
171090.25 in reply to 171090.24
Date: 1/22/2011 1:17:40 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
One of my players already has six double doubles in the first half of the game, this must be some world record in the make - I am so excited!

This Post:
171090.27 in reply to 171090.26
Date: 1/24/2011 9:04:19 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
When the viewer has bugs we can only suspect that the GE does too.

There are different kind of bugs. You can see what's happening on the scoreboard and the player statistics. For example, commentary saying a player achieves a double-double when he missed a shot and lost the rebound and his stat line shows all zeros is pretty obviously a presentational bug, not a bug in the GE that calculates what happens in the game. Or when the shot clock goes to zero and the possession does not end, 15 seconds later there is a steal. We are pretty safe to assume it is presentational. We should suspect a GE bug if the team went and scored to finish a 40 second possession.

While purely presentational bugs are typically easy to spot, some stuff we cannot see from the score and other stats. To present suspicioin on such bugs with any credibility, a lot of information is needed. Many users who claim there is a GE bug base their claim on a single game, or two or three games they chose after seeing something suspicious. Now there could be a bug, of course, but it's pretty much impossible to say that based on such limited observation.

So, to answer your opening line:
Just for the sake of argument, what do we, as players, have to go on to know that the GE is working correctly or not...

We need to trust the BB's. And we need to observe more and more and more.

I don't agree that a squeeky clean match viewer gives us any assurance that the GE works correctly. But I agree it would be very nice to get a squeeky clean match viewer. An old presentational bug is annoying, a new presentational bug is confusing.

This Post:
171090.29 in reply to 171090.28
Date: 1/25/2011 12:49:46 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
No, I think I got your point. I'm just continuing the discussion, not criticizing you.

This Post:
171090.30 in reply to 171090.21
Date: 1/30/2011 8:56:26 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
One time, I really cared about this stuff, though I don't really remember what exactly the stuff was, but it reminded me of the times when I was in that cage and I felt really sad and the bad people said I should shut up and stop crying and then they threw this stuff in the cage and that's the stuff I really cared about, but I didn't care about the bad people, at least not until they went away and then I started thinking about them and what they might be doing and all that, which is when I would cry some more and get really afraid that something would happen to the stuff, but now everything is okay and I have lots of stuff that I don't care about so much anymore, but sometimes there is stuff that I do care about.

Best. Post. Ever.

(http://www.buzzerbeater.com/community/fedoverview.aspx?fe...)
Keep your friend`s toast, and your enemy`s toaster.
This Post:
171090.31 in reply to 171090.30
Date: 2/1/2011 1:58:24 AM
Kitakyushu
ASL
Overall Posts Rated:

Where do I buy the meds he's on?
Maybe the best, craziest, most disturbing post ever..I hope there is a Part 2..
Are the bad people really bad? They did give him the stuff he cares about but he is still locked in a cage...

Advertisement