National Team Resurrection

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
210311.21 in reply to 210311.20
Date: 2/18/2012 8:11:24 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
National Team Update

Beginning Roster Announced - (Over a pint of Heineken in the Amsterdam Airport on my return trip back to Japan.) After days of work completing my scouting, and analysis of our options I have come up with the following Roster for Season 19. For now we have 12 players and will look at adding more as the season goes along.

National Team Core Roster – We will start the year with 11 players who have been identified as the best options for our team. The team consists of 5 guards, 2 Swingman, and 4 Bigs. This is without consideration for Game Shape, but game day line-ups will build that in.

Guards
Takatoshi Tagawa 28 KK Arsenal Zagreb
Haruki Fujii 26 SAMANTH BASKET
Rikkio Eguchi 26 bebop Jazz
Hideki Ochi 27 BSC Bern West
Naoya Ueda 25 Swoosh

Swingman (both of these guys are up for sale now)
Tooro Oishi 28 Stunners
Yuhei Suenami 32 Flurioca

Bigs
Yusuke Furusawa 28 SLZH
Mitsuo Shibukji 23 Sapporro Fighters
Satashi Hayakawa 26 es-es
Hirofumi Sonoda 25 Kyoto Shogun

Develoment Team – In addition I am adding one player who is close and still has some room for development. I was hoping this list would be longer.
Masatomo Saiki 23 Mythical Man-Month

On Call – The following players are on-call for possibly being added to the team if we have problems with injuries or game shape. I already know I have a game shape issue with a swingman for the first game but there are no swingman in the list below.

Guards
Soichi Hara 28 KoriPullo-Pojat
Genki Kanagaki 28 kos_team

Bigs
Tsugumichi Kyubei 29 Baikinman
Kaname Kouzuki 32 Kyoto Shogun

I will start the work to contact each manager over the next week. I’ve also created a futures list of key players for development and will post on that later. Time to go catch my flight.

This Post:
210311.24 in reply to 210311.21
Date: 2/18/2012 5:06:49 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Great work here, looks very well planned and organised. +1 from me too.

Some notes: I think you have too few players and Wolph too many but that is just my opinion. You get no merchandise sitting on the bench anyway but I can't see a reason to have only 11 real players when we can roster 12, especially when 1 is already in bad GS.

It is good to see that Kaname Kouzuki is also at least on the radar even if he will probably not make it and next season will be too old.

There are three current team players on the TL and I could easily afford to buy 2 of them giving me potentially 4 NT players. Would be bad for the NT though, what if I went insane or something and overplayed them as some do. But if I just wanted to collect NT players I could add Yuhei Suenami (4834320) or Takatoshi Tagawa (9632142) and depending on the final sale prices maybe both.

A pity I can't afford Tooro Oishi (11002133) he looks amazing.

Takatoshi Tagawa (9632142) looks great but as I am training PGs he is no use to me but hopefully someone local will pick him up.

But Yuhei Suenami (4834320) really makes me wonder.

I need a SF.
I love local players.
I am utterly obsessed with getting my guys on the NT.
He is already there and will give me a merchandising bonus.
Right now I have a <$30k PG playing SF.
I can afford to buy him easily.

So why don't I do it? (I still might)

Age is obviously the top factor for me and doesn't affect the NT so that is one big issue that is irrelevant. As Wolph said he has some great inside strengths but is way behind in his outside skills. Not good enough to play PF but will be horrible against outside based teams at SF. Passing is a problem, defence is a problem, driving is a problem. Wolph didn't like the JR but I think it would be ok for a SF, but I could be wrong. There is a lot of problems.

So if he isn't maybe good enough for a weak JBBL team how does he make the NT? One reason is probably a lack of SFs. If we plan to play LI/M2M each week against other teams that always do the same I guess he will be very good. I guess I am rambling but he just makes me think. I will bid on him, just not too much.

Last edited by Lord Toranaga at 2/18/2012 5:15:07 PM

This Post:
210311.25 in reply to 210311.24
Date: 2/18/2012 7:00:07 PM
Overall Posts Rated:

Some notes: I think you have too few players and Wolph too many but that is just my opinion. You get no merchandise sitting on the bench anyway but I can't see a reason to have only 11 real players when we can roster 12, especially when 1 is already in bad GS.

I'd prefer to have a short roster, and have the option of adding more - rather than having guys on the team I'm not certain about. I only have 13 on my Welsh U21 team...
I think early in the job it's a smart thing to do, if you're not seeing players you want.

http://with-malice.com/ - The half-crazed ramblings of a Lakers fanatic in Japan

This Post:
210311.26 in reply to 210311.23
Date: 2/18/2012 11:48:23 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I like my defense as well but we don't have much options on SF. Oishi would be the likely starter. Problem with Kamio is he has no inside shot so isn't a good option for LI/LP and he has no Range so he isn't so great for outside offenses either. So he would only be in there for his defense/passing. Suenami is a better offensively both inside and outside and is slightly better for ID and Reb. I expect we would mostly be facing LI anyway which causes me to slightly willing to give up on some OD. Hoenstly, our situation at SF is worse than our Bigs. I do think Kamio can be an option in a pinch so I'll add him to the On-Call List.

Thanks for your input and thoughts. It makes me double check things and also consider different options.

This Post:
210311.27 in reply to 210311.24
Date: 2/18/2012 11:53:21 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I think 11 for now before setting the first games line-up is OK. The 12th guy won't likely play anyway. I can add additional players at anytime as we need them. When I go to set the line-up for Monday's game I'll see if I need anyone else to fix game shape issues.

If you pick up Suenami you should only expect him on NT for this season. Tsunami should take his slot next season. It's your call but you might be able to get him cheap since he is 32.

This Post:
210311.28 in reply to 210311.26
Date: 2/18/2012 11:57:47 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Oh, and if I am going to go with a profile like Kamio then I would probably use Ueda first. He's a little bit better option.

Message deleted
This Post:
210311.31 in reply to 210311.29
Date: 2/19/2012 2:26:45 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
As mentioned previously, I have also created a Futures list. This is list of 22+ prospects who I have determined have a strong opportunity to reach NT if they recieve proper training. This was determined by considering each players current skills, age and potential to determine if they can reach a similar Skill Points level as the current players on the team at their position. The analysis utilizes data provided from other sources on average pops by age, player cap levels, and training speed analysis.

Once again the list is heavily skewed towards guards.

Guards
Atsuya Hattori 25 Sindhu Monks
Yasuyoshi Honda 23 Isehara Pistons
Takao Shiomi 22 Mythical Man-Month
Makoto Asada 22 Miyazaki Freeters
Masamitsu Honda 23 Penetrator City
Issei Takashima 22 Mi smo Kamikaze
Hironobu Yokotami 22 Celtics Montevarchi
Kenya Mizuno 23 Hillheads Warriors

Small Forward
Fumio Ogi 24 Okstate Cowboys

Bigs
Tohru Asano 22 Kitakyushu
Masahide Iwata 22 Swoosh

I will be starting a campaign of contacting owners about their players over the next week. I will contacts current starters first and move on from there.

As you can see we have significant challenges in talent at SF/PF/C. I would encourage anyone that really wants to help our National Teams to take on training one of these positions. If you plan to purchase a player with this aim and they are 21+ I recommend contacting me first so I can let you know if I think they can get to a level to help the team. I wouldn't want to waste someone's effort

Advertisement