Suggestions > Fan mood- new team stat for anti-tanking

Fan mood- new team stat for anti-tanking

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
219104.21 in reply to 219104.20
Date: 6/12/2012 9:22:29 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Fan mood exists in BB. It's called "fan survey".

..and it's broken.

This Post:
219104.22 in reply to 219104.21
Date: 6/12/2012 9:25:07 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Fan mood exists in BB. It's called "fan survey".

..and it's broken.

No, it's not. Just because it doesn't function the way you think it should doesn't mean that it's broken.

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."
This Post:
219104.23 in reply to 219104.22
Date: 6/12/2012 9:31:09 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
If a team loses intentionally most of the season, then starts to win again, the fan survey assumes that fans will flock back as soon as they start winning again.

You can lose most of your homes games, yet win most of your away games and still bring in great crowds. Oh, yeah, fans will love to see a team that almost always loses at home.

Broken...

This Post:
219104.24 in reply to 219104.23
Date: 6/12/2012 9:37:47 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
If a team loses intentionally most of the season, then starts to win again, the fan survey assumes that fans will flock back as soon as they start winning again.

No, not really: you have three components that are affected by losses, TV games, rival games, last game, and overall performance in current season. You'll need to fix all four before fans "start flocking back".

And there's also last season, which holds your fan survey down for weeks (if you were a losing team the previous season).

It's absolutely not as quick and straightforward as you're trying to make it look.

You can lose most of your homes games, yet win most of your away games and still bring in great crowds. Oh, yeah, fans will love to see a team that almost always loses at home.

Broken...

You win half of your games, you're an ok team. I don't see how that's broken.

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."
This Post:
219104.25 in reply to 219104.24
Date: 6/12/2012 9:43:10 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
You win half of your games, you're an ok team. I don't see how that's broken.

..yet they treat you like you're contending for the championship. Nevertheless, few fans want to go to see a team that loses all their games they go to watch, whether they are a 500 team or not.

No, not really: you have three components that are affected by losses, TV games, rival games, last game, and overall performance in current season. You'll need to fix all four before fans "start flocking back".

And there's also last season, which holds your fan survey down for weeks (if you were a losing team the previous season).

...exactly. All you have to do is make sure you win in the TV game, against your rival and in the last game before your home game. It sounds difficult to do, but it actually isn't due to enthusiasm, minute managing etc. More straightforward than you make out that it isn't.

This Post:
219104.26 in reply to 219104.22
Date: 6/12/2012 9:45:15 AM
Kitakyushu
ASL
Overall Posts Rated:
It is broken no matter what you say.....
Example; I was 4-0 and I play my rival on TV(he too is undefeated)..I lose in a close game but 18.640 fans show up...after that I win 3 more in a row (not including my cup wins)and now I am 7-1 but only 17,417 fans show up to my home game tonight.. Now why is the Fan survey still punishing me sooo hard for that one loss?
And the team I lost to is still undefeated. You think they would take that into effect, it isn't like I lost to a bum. You would think that the fans would soon start to forget about the loss as their team keeps winning. Kind of like the disappointment would be overtaken by anticipation as the time gets closer to the next meeting. same with the TV game...The fan survey needs a major overhaul in my opinion.

This Post:
219104.28 in reply to 219104.26
Date: 6/12/2012 9:48:44 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
It is broken no matter what you say.....
It's more likely that you'll be the contrarian, no matter what I say. We've played this game before, you and I.

Example; I was 4-0 and I play my rival on TV(he too is undefeated)..I lose in a close game but 18.640 fans show up...after that I win 3 more in a row (not including my cup wins)and now I am 7-1 but only 17,417 fans show up to my home game tonight.. Now why is the Fan survey still punishing me sooo hard for that one loss?
The game is not penalizing you on the loss. Teams that are lower in the rankings attract smaller crowds. Your rival was second when you played him. Tonight's opponent is sixth.

And the team I lost to is still undefeated. You think they would take that into effect, it isn't like I lost to a bum. You would think that the fans would soon start to forget about the loss as their team keeps winning. Kind of like the disappointment would be overtaken by anticipation as the time gets closer to the next meeting. same with the TV game...The fan survey needs a major overhaul in my opinion.
You are, as always, entitled to your opinion.

Last edited by GM-kozlodoev at 6/12/2012 9:49:13 AM

This Post:
219104.29 in reply to 219104.26
Date: 6/12/2012 9:52:30 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
And the team I lost to is still undefeated. You think they would take that into effect, it isn't like I lost to a bum. You would think that the fans would soon start to forget about the loss as their team keeps winning.

Very well said. +1 for you, sir.

This Post:
219104.30 in reply to 219104.28
Date: 6/12/2012 9:58:39 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
maybe it is not broken, but i don't like the priorities too.

But i also doubt the hattrick system is better, but it can definately get tweaked and i would be happpy if the BB do it with less effect on the last game and some differences betwen win and lose.

This Post:
219104.31 in reply to 219104.30
Date: 6/12/2012 10:04:11 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
maybe it is not broken, but i don't like the priorities too.

But i also doubt the hattrick system is better, but it can definately get tweaked and i would be happpy if the BB do it with less effect on the last game and some differences betwen win and lose.

I don't think the priorities are problematic, or the effect of the last game are too large. Last game is one of eight components of the fan survey. A single game, by itself, will typically have a fairly small effect on the fan mood in aggregate.

To give you an example, I just came back from 3 seasons of inactivity, which means i basically was dead last in the league last season, and had to replace my entire roster. I've won every single game this season, and my fan survey is at 3.5 balls with little prospects of going above this for the remainder of the season.

Advertisement