BuzzerBeater Forums

Help - English > How does MVP voting work?

How does MVP voting work? (thread closed)

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
236372.21 in reply to 236372.20
Date: 2/28/2013 2:39:50 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
You must look at the stats for the season across the board.
My team finished with the second best record. My center won the mvp for the division here are his numbers... 17 pts, 15RBs, 3As, 2.5 BSs......and a 15.0 overall rating.....that last stat is the tilter, but you see a player that effected the game on both ends of the court.
The GMs who constantly talk about FG% are missing the point, is you leading FG maker a steals leader too....how about assists along with thoes other two I just mentioned....then see your overall rating for the season as your tiebreaker.
You must get out of the mindset of "Buzzerbeater" as the end all be all, and think "basketball" with BB being a tool to accomplish what basketball is to you in your mind.
An MVP type player in many cases is the reason for the good team record.....and if you watch the games, whoevers name shows up consistently the most in a positive way WILL get MVP consideration.
I have seen too many games to think otherwise. My resume includes 6 MVP winners....1 guard wining 4, and two centers winning 1 each, and the one common factor is that all three players impacted multiple games.

This Post:
236372.22 in reply to 236372.21
Date: 2/28/2013 2:42:09 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
You must look at the stats for the season across the board.
My team finished with the second best record. My center won the mvp for the division here are his numbers... 17 pts, 15RBs, 3As, 2.5 BSs......and a 15.0 overall rating.....that last stat is the tilter, but you see a player that effected the game on both ends of the court.
The GMs who constantly talk about FG% are missing the point, is you leading FG maker a steals leader too....how about assists along with thoes other two I just mentioned....then see your overall rating for the season as your tiebreaker.
You must get out of the mindset of "Buzzerbeater" as the end all be all, and think "basketball" with BB being a tool to accomplish what basketball is to you in your mind.
An MVP type player in many cases is the reason for the good team record.....and if you watch the games, whoevers name shows up consistently the most in a positive way WILL get MVP consideration.
I have seen too many games to think otherwise. My resume includes 6 MVP winners....1 guard wining 4, and two centers winning 1 each, and the one common factor is that all three players impacted multiple games.

Well, you as much as anyone know that my response to this would be something along the lines of "If I have a player winning MVP it means that I have four starters who aren't doing their jobs." ;)

This Post:
236372.23 in reply to 236372.22
Date: 2/28/2013 2:46:52 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I can't stand you:)
Way to use my well thought out post as part of your punchline. :)

You forum vulture!
And I was just responding to the thread not you my freind.

Last edited by BarryS at 2/28/2013 3:05:05 PM

Message deleted