Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
264414.22 in reply to 264414.12
Date: 10/23/2014 10:42:41 AM
Młoty Stargard
PLK
Overall Posts Rated:
You announced the end of "let coach decide", people rebuilded rosters ---> "let coach decide" is still in use.
You didn't announce rising transfer taxes, people buy a lot of young players ---> suddenly you change rules

The Secret of the Gamboni
Joe was a card player, a good one. He was so good, in fact, that he had to move from city to city and find games where he wasn’t known in order to play for high stakes. One afternoon, in a bar in the suburb of Chicago, he’s shooting the breeze with the bartender and asks,
”Say, where can I find a good card game around here?”
“What kind of stakes are you talking about?”
“Big,” Joe says, “the biggest game you know about.”
“Well now, I hear there’s a game out in the farm country. It’s a bit of a drive, but these particular farmers play for big money. Let me make a call and see if it’s OK.”
So the bartender makes the call, and then gives Joe direction to the game.
That evening, after a long drive, Joe pulls up to this barn in the middle of nowhere. Tentatively, he walks inside, tiptoeing around the fetid piles on the floor. At the back of the barn, he spots a partially open door, with lights and smoke pouring through the opening. The familiar rush of anticipating and energy sweeps through him as he enters the room and introduces himself.
Farmers in overalls sit around the table, chewing cigars and puffing their pipes. In a quick glance, Joe estimates the current pot to be about $40,000 – perfect. So he sits down. “Ante up,” says the farmer holding the deck of cards. And Joe begins to play.
About an hour later, Joes is holding his own. He is about even when he draws three aces and two queens – a full house. With a large pot already on the table, he raise $15,000. The next two guys fold, but the leather-face farmer across the table calls him and raises another $15,000, without so much as batting an eye. Joe, certain that the guy is bluffing, calls the bet and lays down his aces-high full house. The farmer lays down junk: three clubs and two diamonds of mixed numbered cards. Joe, suppressing a smile, starts to rake in the pot.
“Wait just a damn minute,” says the farmer, a stern and reprimanding tone in his voice.
“Whattaya mean, wait a minute,” says Joe, “you got nothing.”
“Take a look at the sign over your right shoulder,” smiles the farmer.
Joe looks:
THREE CLUBS AND TWO DIAMONDS CONSTITUTE A GAMBONI, THE TOP WINNING HAND IN THIS ESTABLISHMENT
Joe is really angry, but after all, rules are rules, so he continues to play with what is left of his holdings. About an hour later, he draws three clubs and two diamonds… a Gamboni! He bets everything, and on the final round of betting with the same leather-faced farmer he has to throw in his solid gold Rolex to make the call. The farmer turns over his cards of a queen-high spade flush. Joe turns over his Gamboni and starts to rake in the pot.
“Hold it there, fella,” says the farmer, his grin cutting deep lines in his cheeks.
“But I got a Gamboni!” cries an exasperated Joe.
“Sure ‘nough, but look at the sign over there,” and he points over Joe’s left shoulder.
Joe looks:
ONLY ONE GAMBONI WILL BE PERMITTED PER NIGHT IN THIS ESTABLISHMENT

You have to change name this game on GamBBoni

Last edited by darkonza at 10/23/2014 11:43:01 AM

This Post:
264414.23 in reply to 264414.21
Date: 10/23/2014 10:45:39 AM
Fab Five
II.3
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Fabulous Five
He likes the upgrade.
What he is requesting is advising about it with time.
And I completely agree.

This Post:
264414.25 in reply to 264414.24
Date: 10/23/2014 11:16:21 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
IF BB had auto-bid I would be stoked. Since it does not, I hate the options for what it takes to acquire a player (bid-warring and being online when I don't want to be otherwise).
I agree with this. The distortion from not having autobids is significant both ways. Not only because you reduce the possible bidders for an auction, but also because conversely if someone stays up late or wakes up early to bid it's likely it will end up in a bidding war (people who went out of their way to be online, actually invested their time and won't behave rationally as they would if they had the option to set up a maximum bid and forget about it till next day).

Last edited by Lemonshine at 10/23/2014 11:16:36 AM

This Post:
264414.26 in reply to 264414.21
Date: 10/23/2014 11:20:35 AM
KS Goldena
PLK
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
KS Golden Grizzlies
It doesn't hit you so you are happy? I'm right? You are happy of my misfortune. Very human reaction Don't worry. Next sudden update can hit you...

Seriously. Read my first sentence again, please. It was honestly! It is fantastical update...but why so suddenly? Why not before the start of the new season?

Of course. I invested my money in LEGAL investition...and suddenly someone changed rules. It is ridiculous...but nevermind. Forget obout taxes.

You shouldn't change anything in this way. I'm customer. I simply don't like to be treated like that. Generally I think that this way of making changes is a bit unfair for customers. Rules must be clear and cannot be suddenly change.

This Post:
264414.29 in reply to 264414.26
Date: 10/23/2014 11:38:58 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
I completely agree with your points that the changes should have at least been hinted at beforehand like it happened in the past for other changes like GDP. At any rate all you Polish top teams are in the same boat with 15-20 guys bought for daytrading, so it's not like you will be at a huge disadvantage in your league :). As others pointed out, assuming you'd have made a profit before you'll probably still make a profit now. It doesn't change the fact that they should have announced it in advance, maybe you'd have bought 10 guys instead of 20.

Last edited by Lemonshine at 10/23/2014 11:39:29 AM

This Post:
264414.31 in reply to 264414.26
Date: 10/23/2014 11:44:27 AM
Sin City inFamous
IV.16
Overall Posts Rated:
Of course. I invested my money in LEGAL investition...and suddenly someone changed rules. It is ridiculous...but nevermind. Forget obout taxes

So, if i find a young with money, i can ask up to all his money for a candy which i payed 0,01€?

This is similar to your Legal investment.

in the natural market, if in a deal the opposite side has lack of info, you can cheat him.

buying a player for 1k and sold him for X time his value without training or so it's allowed, but it's simply use the lack of "fox sense" of some new players, so, in your shoes, i should not complain about the lack of info and the timing of this implementation

Advertisement