This Post:
273660.21 in reply to 273660.18
Date: 10/24/2015 8:43:34 AM
TrenseRI
III.2
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
ChiLeaders
It's true, we can't cover all the suggestions and discussions on the forums, it's just impractical time-wise. But, we do read them when we have some free time.

That said, more on topic, the system has some of the mentioned training prerequisites intentionally implemented to make training harder. Real life and and online sim can't align very well in this respect, and it should be hard to make choices between training speed and match effectiveness. Tradeoffs are key here, so we might not want to remove them or we'd make the game too easy (boring and not challenging). We can make tweaks here and there, as we did a couple of seasons ago, but tectonic changes will not be implemented as they would enrage old school managers. Easy does it, is what I'm saying.

This Post:
273660.26 in reply to 273660.25
Date: 10/24/2015 8:38:11 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
This should be obvious but most high potential players will be drafted and start there careers at lower league teams. There are more teams drafting in lower leagues=more higher potential guys, its a numbers game..

It is also more likely that those lower division teams will go on to quit the game because they aren't established etc etc

This should all be reasonably obvious. There are def farm teams but definitely not on the scale you are suggesting by any means.

This Post:
273660.28 in reply to 273660.27
Date: 10/25/2015 5:02:52 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Let me take all that one at a time.

Firstly the whole 'Look Inside is the best system to play' is well known throughout ALL divisions, so of course lower division teams train similar players to top division teams.

Also training 'on a bottom league budget' is actually much easier because most lower div teams have less salary and more flexibility with minutes. It is easier to invest in a level 6 trainer and draft points in lower divisions than it is spend 2 million and promote.

This Post:
273660.29 in reply to 273660.23
Date: 10/25/2015 6:06:31 AM
TrenseRI
III.2
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
ChiLeaders
My point being there could be/should be some other ways to make training a challenge without making it unrealistic. In the end the top end users of BB have found away around training by just not doing it on their main team and using teams in lower divisions. Don't you think something must be done to change/stop this? Or are you OK with the top end teams not training and all the best players in the game developing on teams in DV that quit after making the players?

If you can find a way to make training challenging, without being unrealistic, please, let me know. Top teams did away with training because it makes them not competitive and we let them get away with it by making training a smaller factor in game than it should be. We've made changes to fight that and inflation is the best way to motivate training (as I've said so many times). This means that best players in the game must be trained somewhere else, and that's in the lower levels, so this is no surprise. I commend your efforts but the players and teams you presented have been cherry picked to prove your point. Also, there is no clear evidence that the bot teams mentioned are farms. I'm not saying they weren't, but there's no evidence either way. So yes, this is OK, until proven otherwise.

It's good that you care for the game as much as you do and try to improve it. It's not good to read things into small statistical patterns and base conclusions on inconclusive data. So, thanks for the input, it is constructive, and we're considering some of your suggestions (no FA for banned teams, at least partially).

This Post:
273660.30 in reply to 273660.29
Date: 10/25/2015 7:54:07 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Forcing Inflation is a horrible idea, considering it reduces the chances to move up pretty slim.

Encouraging Training, by making ist easier - and thus catering the recreational players, who left in hoards - should be the way to go.

Größter Knecht aller Zeiten aka His Excellency aka President for Life aka Field Marshal Al Hadji aka Lord of All the Beasts of the Earth and Fishes of the Seas aka aka Conqueror of the Buzzerbeater Empire in Europe in General and Austria in Particular

This Post:
273660.31 in reply to 273660.30
Date: 10/25/2015 8:08:15 AM
TrenseRI
III.2
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
ChiLeaders
It's easy to criticise specific solutions while suggesting generalised and unspecific wishes.

Low level teams can train more easily, isn't that a fact? If we then reward training, aren't they going to profit from it more than high level teams? Making training easier will do the opposite.

To cater to the recreational players we believe there are some other better suited solutions, like the app or a more comprehensive ingame tutorial.

Last edited by BB-Marin at 10/25/2015 8:09:44 AM

Advertisement