This Post:
318174.21 in reply to 318174.1
Date: 02/14/2023 10:35:06
ElectricTriangles
III.15
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
ElectricTriangles II
I voted against this proposal. Although site revenue and multi-teams are denoted as irrelevant to this conversation, I disagree that those objections are irrelevant (more specifically, the multi-team issue than the site revenue one), but I'll leave my reservations at that for this discussion.

My biggest contention with the proposal is that it hinders new teams, as well as teams in lower leagues. This proposal hurts those teams because if a team is one or two strong players away from contention and thus promotion, that team would be way less likely to be able to acquire that player. Finding "steals", or players who happen to be undervalued during their auction, is a massive benefit to any team, but especially smaller teams. Using an example of acquiring a 50k salary big man for a D4, or even a D3 team might take a lot of a lower-level teams resources, but acquiring that same player would be a drop in the bucket for richer teams or higher-level teams, who might not care about spending an extra few $100k on that player.

To condense my argument, this proposal will dramatically reduce the ability of teams to find a player who is currently being undervalued at his auction. The consequence of that will mostly impact teams that are newer, teams in lower levels, and most of all, teams that meet both of those criteria, which are most necessary for the long-term health and well-being of this wonderful game.

If you have a desire to revamp the auction system, although this would have a different set of desired impacts, I feel like it would be more popular amongst users: reduce the 3-minute timer at the end of bids to a 1-minute timer, with the addition that if you are directly outbid in that 1-minute time period, you receive a notification while on the website (or app) instead of having to refresh while on the website to check if you were outbid. Although it doesn't solve the problem of not being able to bid on a player due to work, other commitments, or just being asleep (players can still place a higher bid beforehand if they want), I believe that more players would be in favor of that new version of an auction system.

To summarize, I strongly believe the proposal would hurt the very group of managers that is most important for the long-term well-being of the site while primarily benefitting the players who are already at the top. I also believe that if people want to re-vamp the auction system in general, changing the 3-minute reset to a 1-minute reset with the addition of a notification if you're outbid is a decision that would have less unintended consequences while also being more universally agreed upon (which if necessary could also be voted on to verify).

Regardless, thank you to the BB's, CM's and GM's for all of the work they put into making this game so fun. Although I disagree with this proposal, you all have done a great job over the years, and I appreciate that you are asking for community insight on this proposal.

This Post:
318174.22 in reply to 318174.21
Date: 02/14/2023 10:45:33
Freccia Azzurra
IV.18
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Slaytanic
I really don't understand why you're pushing out the people from BB. Why do you address people to use discord when here there is a forum? Why autobid?

1990-2022 Stalinorgel - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pV-Xppl6h8Et
This Post:
318174.23 in reply to 318174.21
Date: 02/14/2023 10:49:58
Radio_Prača
II.4
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Prača Grizzlies
The game will be less interesting.In BB you need max 30 minutes per day to set up and see everything.To avoid inactivity, maybe you should allow this once per season(or once for both ; player and staff)

Message deleted
This Post:
318174.25 in reply to 318174.1
Date: 02/14/2023 11:12:38
龙与矮人
II.2
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
火蜥蜴
NO!
For those like “steal” or bargain,new bid system will take this joy away from them.
For those don't like bidwar or nightwar,they always have the freedom to put "max bid"at anytime in curry bid system.
Nothing but harm.

This Post:
318174.26 in reply to 318174.23
Date: 02/14/2023 11:15:58
Aris BB
II.4
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
King of the Desert
To all people saying that say they don't have time to bidwar or to wake up at 2 am, etc.. what's preventing you from putting your max bid before going to bed, to work or anything else ? It might not change so much for you except saving money (and here is the only point i found in favor or this change).
Do not talk bout your time or your sleeping schedule or the lunear alignment cuz' it won't change anything if someone's willing to pay 1 more $ than you. You just expect to pay a bit less than what you were really willing to pay. That's all.

As someone said, it kinda seems like a niche implementation to rich get richer.

Last edited by Aris at 02/14/2023 11:16:09

This Post:
318174.27 in reply to 318174.1
Date: 02/14/2023 11:16:34
Santarém Campinos
II.2
Overall Posts Rated:
I kinda like the auto bid function.

I also don't think that this will increase inactivity, maybe more user will prepare tactics and bids for the following days, reducing the need for login daily.

Last edited by cofky at 02/14/2023 11:30:50

This Post:
318174.28 in reply to 318174.19
Date: 02/14/2023 11:20:58
DarkQueen
III.1
Overall Posts Rated:
Hi,
BB must be "copy" some features from Hattrick, where the system are solid and users moremoremoremore plus.

The autobid is very helpfull for an user that not have to much time (work, family, stress, life), may be who wrote before is a free student but it is impossibile to bid for 1 hour for a player!
In hattrick , when I have not time, I set te max for the bid and finish.

And i do not get up at 2A.M for a player. May be I prefer sleep sometimes.
Ty

I get the "I don't want to get up in the middle of the night". I'm leaning more and more into the "I don't want to stay up one hour later / wake up an hour earlier to bid".

However, how many times have you been in a one hour auction this last year ? Not even you, how many one hour auction bid have you seen in the last year ? The exageration about the length of bidwar is not needed. Anyone can check on their league page and see that 90% of the auctions end right there or at most after a very short bid war which can be speed up very easily by either the user or changing the automatic minimum %age of the next bid accepted by Buzzerbeater.

Thanks for answer.
I bid 2 times for 1 hour about.
But now we are here not for say "too much time for a bid", I just report another situation. I did a offer for a player (about 15 minutes before the end) and I must go to drive for about 30 minutes, I lost the bid at the next offert. Now , you can see that the autobid it would be nice in most of cases.
ty

This Post:
318174.29 in reply to 318174.23
Date: 02/14/2023 11:22:13
white snake
II.1
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Black Forest Boars
Do I get it right?

Let us make a short simulation.

Team Alonso is setting up a player for sale. For 100.000$.

Team Perpete (I take you for this example ) likes the player and makes an auto-bid until 1.000.001$

What everyone sees is that Team Perpete is the highest bidder with 100.000$

Now Team Nachtmahr wants to buy this player.

I bid 200.000$ (like currently) and see: Team Perpete at 200.000$
Hmm. Okay.
I bid 300.000$ and see: Team Perpete at 300.000$
Hmmmmm.
I bid 500.000$ and still see Team Perpete.
Now I getting really *** off an make a last bid of 1.000.000$

Team Perpete is still the highest bidder at 1.000.000$

Is this the idea behind the proposal? Woud it work like that?
I am a process and numbers guy, so I need a valid simulation on such a topic.

This Post:
318174.30 in reply to 318174.1
Date: 02/14/2023 11:26:31
pallkorvi
III.1
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
pallkorvi II
This would be the best change in BB.
People waiting 3min to try to out-sit other people -trying to bid up minimum value = disgusting

This Post:
318174.31 in reply to 318174.29
Date: 02/14/2023 11:27:50
BC Delfinii Purpurii
II.4
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Grudgebearers
And to add to your example, what would happen if there are 2 players with auto-bid?

So you have teams Perpete and WhiteSnake both using auto-bid to up to 1.000.001$
What happens in that instance?

We would see one bid after another placed automatically until the price goes to $1.000.001?
What happens if there are more?

Sorry but this feature doesn't make much sense to me.

If you want to buy a player and you think his value is 1M, then you can just bid $1M. If you want to get him cheaper you should have to work for it, not use an auto-bot to steal the player at a lower price.

Advertisement