Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
318671.22 in reply to 318671.21
Date: 05/02/2023 16:38:49
B.C. Ambidexter
II.1
Overall Posts Rated:
Ok ...but this should be a discussion in the forums I think :) You can ask the candidates about their intentions to use assistant or not ...and which one. But I don't think the assistant will be so big problem for you since the main decisions will be taken by the coach I believe.

I think you vote for the coach and assistant just helps the coach. But if the assistant will be also a scout and will be the person to communicate with people - maybe this should be a reason the assistant to be more important for your vote. Otherwise, the assistant possibly will make lineups for some friendly for example and it is not such a big problem maybe for your vote.

But anyway, you can ask the candidates and then decide if the assistant is really important in your opinion. Or aks them in pvt messages if you don't want in the forums.

For example, I don't have a problem who the assistant will be and I will vote for the coach mainly :)

This Post:
318671.23 in reply to 318671.19
Date: 05/02/2023 20:28:32
Tampines Fusion
SBBL
Overall Posts Rated:
Especially if the staff would have the opportunity to scout players, would like to know who they are and have a say (with my vote) before they can scout whoever they want.

I think this is the most common concern here. That said, it isn't really too different from the current informal scouting team isn't it? Aren't those teams usually self appointed by the NT coach as well?

It would be tough if we actually needed to register a team of 2 for the election - but I guess this would root out those people who join elections on a whim with no preparations. An easier way out would be to get them to state who their assistant is during the election debates and pick your favorite choice, but I'm not sure how much would that solve, considering (I heard) that in some bigger countries, a lot of people don't bother with the debate thread and just votes for the candidate with the highest WR.

This Post:
318671.25 in reply to 318671.17
Date: 05/03/2023 04:00:51
Cobra Kai
III.10
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Wu Tang Clan
maybe assistant coaches have a special feature where they can scout without calling players up to the roster?

That also seems a very good idea, I also understand Perpete's concerns regarding the head coach directly appointing an assistant without elections, assistant coach should have the approval of the community. Overall I think the suggestion should be voted in a global poll