BuzzerBeater Forums

BB Global (English) > Growing BB (Referrals)

Growing BB (Referrals)

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
67615.21 in reply to 67615.19
Date: 1/7/2009 2:53:28 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
would it be possible to set a tactic and have an "assistant coach" help you pick the best players?? (like a suggestion from the coach, not the best available)

That way you make it easier for players that cant be bothered however you dont make it too easy. What I mean to say is that it would still be possible for people to pick the wrong tactics... so that the people that really want to spend time on the team can scout the opponent and pick the suitable tactics and than ask the coach for help or pick the players themselves??

I dont know if something like this or something similar to this would be possible.

The assistant coach doesnt necessarily make the best possible decision, but helps?

i dont know if it is clear what I am trying to say you understand... I hope you do :)

This Post:
67615.22 in reply to 67615.19
Date: 1/7/2009 3:14:12 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Don't call it "Set best line up"

Call it "Have assistant choose line up" and overweigh some factors, so that it'll pick the optimum player for each position 66% of the time, or something. This is not the end of the world for the newbie and the faults are easily discoverable once players start to do some research.

This Post:
67615.23 in reply to 67615.11
Date: 1/7/2009 3:37:27 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Im very enjoying buzzerbeater and want alot of my friends to play it.
Well, not every one like thoose kind of games...
i Told to like a 10 and i think 5 still playing

This Post:
67615.24 in reply to 67615.19
Date: 1/7/2009 3:53:50 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I personally do not mind the complexity. I do not want to play a mindless game like HT - that's why I quit and came here. BB is not incredibly complex really - it is just more complex than HT.

The only thing I can echo from a previous poster is to expand the game rules and/or feedback on the site. For example, there are many things that are still unclear in the rules. There were recent changes to fast paced offenses, for example, but we see no mention of that in the rules. I notice that most users in my division make no use of enthusiasm. Some have been around for as long as me. There must be something they're not getting about it.

In terms of feedback, we have the "game ratings", "pts per 100 shots" and individual ratings of each player. All have their weakness, with pts per 100 shots being the most useful. What this means is - in order to scout my opponent well, I would have to watch his live games. That is a very high time investment.

Also, there are "hidden variables" in the game that are vaguely hinted at in the rules. That was something that I had trouble coming to grips with.

In summary: more transparency would go a long way to helping new (and current) users.

Run of the Mill Canadian Manager

This Post:
67615.25 in reply to 67615.19
Date: 1/7/2009 4:29:39 PM
Freccia Azzurra
IV.18
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Slaytanic
No button please! You opened a thread where we should discuss how to get more users no how to change BB. People that doesn't want to spend some hours testing the game and writing in help forum cannot survive a lot even if you create the God button.

1990-2022 Stalinorgel - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pV-Xppl6h8Et
This Post:
67615.27 in reply to 67615.25
Date: 1/7/2009 4:55:41 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
No button please! You opened a thread where we should discuss how to get more users no how to change BB. People that doesn't want to spend some hours testing the game and writing in help forum cannot survive a lot even if you create the God button.

I definitly agree with that, no button please "Ciarls" :p

This Post:
67615.28 in reply to 67615.27
Date: 1/7/2009 5:13:22 PM
MightyMice
IV.37
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
CrazyCrabs
no "god button" to me too, but some help. I argue with thenewchuckd about HT to be mindless. It can be, while BB cannot, but if you put your brain and use tools you can improve performances up to 30% above common sense - the reason why I was close to the promotion without having a solid team.

Closing this OT, I would act on two directions:
1) stimulate and support newbies: which are good attackers? or defenders? which is the suggestion you can have to play a R&G offense (good passers, solid shooters in G, ect). Just common sense, nothing more. Or a newbie can get lost in attack and defense alchemies. Then no automated button can replace your brain ... Hope so at least! ;) So, you can apply your favourite style - as a newbie, following common sense suggestions at the beginning, than applying your experience and enhancements. If you don't agree, consider to eliminate any suggestion to the player: as of today, system tells you if a player can be considered as a PG or a PF, not a scandal to argue about - although just a suggestion.

2) support proficient users, with enhanced statistics (raw data, not evaluation). Show latest match backwards; enable selection of LP/friendly/RS/PO in player statistics; simplify access to per-match statistics; show your team's and opponent's stats (5/11 is good against solid defender, bad against a poor one). Or just enable download to any spreadsheet. Here you can loose your time when trying to force your team's capabilities over the top: I spend much time studying opponents, just navigating through pages and taking notes on paper

This Post:
67615.29 in reply to 67615.28
Date: 1/7/2009 11:04:07 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I came to BB by way of a banner ad on HT, a game that I had been playing for a short while but stopped completely once I started this one. I am a casual soccer fan and a big basketball fan, so for me the choice was easy. What caught my eye was the sport, not the GE or the site slickness or what have you.

My suggestion is to put your ad budget into basketball websites- fantasy basketball forums, real basketball forums, NBA.com, etc. There must be plenty of dedicated basketball web boards, blogs, etc. in many languages where many people who A) use computers and like basketball spend their time.

Good luck. I think this is a fantastic game and hope to see it grow. To me the game is not very complex. I wish there were box-and-1 and half court trap options, a flex offense and an isolation offense. I also think a wider variety of announcer comments would be a great idea.

Last edited by somdetsfinest at 1/7/2009 11:20:01 PM

Once I scored a basket that still makes me laugh.
This Post:
67615.30 in reply to 67615.29
Date: 1/7/2009 11:16:14 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I think this game is very good, and the amount of time invested in it can be quite a bit early on with the learning curve. I think it would be good to have a turtorial that gives some hints/suggestions/examples to help the newbies. New users that get frustrated will drop out before they catch on a lot of times.

As for referrals, I think it would be good to give out some extended supporter.

just my 2 cents worth.

To: ned
This Post:
67615.31 in reply to 67615.25
Date: 1/8/2009 1:25:11 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
No button You opened please! a thread where we should discuss how to get more users no how to change BB. People that doesn't want to spend some hours testing the game and writing in help forum cannot survive a lot even if you create the God button.

yes. this is a thread how to get more users. does it appear to you that we are talking not about to change the game because we are unhappy but to help new starters? this is a HUGE difference in my opinion!!!

Advertisement