BB Global (English) > Coach lvl 6 or 7

Coach lvl 6 or 7

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
68559.21 in reply to 68559.20
Date: 01/15/2009 12:26:38
Overall Posts Rated:
at some stage it has to be worth 10 weeks of stamina and FT with a 1k salary trainer. That alone saves you $200k towards whoever you decide to go for next.

congrats on your purchase Brian... hope he does the trick. i have enough trouble balancing my mins recently so a hefty purchase will go to waste... the target 6x48mins hasnt been anywhere near recently!!!

This Post:
68559.22 in reply to 68559.21
Date: 01/15/2009 15:42:16
Overall Posts Rated:
I agree with somdetsfinest.

The price users need to pay for that small increase in training eficiency and thus by the end of some years, have developed a better player - 2kk - would be much more useful if used to purchase a better trainee.

Its a diference between a 18y with MVP pot and 5 respectable skills, and a 18y hof with 6 ou maybe 7 respectable skills.

I rather get this second one and stay with a lvl5 or 6 trainer, that the first and a lvl7.

This Post:
68559.23 in reply to 68559.15
Date: 01/16/2009 07:19:31
Overall Posts Rated:
I did? Good for me. I didn't think I understood at all what he wrote.

we all understood him except you lol. Can you please post a link to the post where the BB developers stated
I believe the answer, as stated by the BB's, is that the cost of the higher level coaches is not worth their value.

It would be ridiculous for a BB developer to say this, to compare this with stoei´s example, it would mean make a slightly better car, price it higher and than say the higher cost isn´t worth the prize... who would buy this car??

This Post:
68559.24 in reply to 68559.23
Date: 01/16/2009 09:07:11
Freccia Azzurra
IV.18
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Slaytanic
It would be ridiculous for a BB developer to say this, to compare this with stoei´s example, it would mean make a slightly better car, price it higher and than say the higher cost isn´t worth the prize... who would buy this car??

Well, Volvo s4o or v50 is exactly the same car of Ford Focus, they've also the same engine but Volvo costs more than Ford

I'm sure that a coach lvl 7 is better than a lvl 5 but reading this discussion probably costs vs benefits, costs win.

1990-2022 Stalinorgel - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pV-Xppl6h8Et
This Post:
68559.25 in reply to 68559.24
Date: 01/16/2009 09:12:52
Overall Posts Rated:
No, sorry, I don't remember which thread it was nor do I remember which BB said it. You can either trust me or not. And I don't see why it would be ridiculous for a BB to say something that was the truth. They don't stand to gain or lose from pointing out that the exorbitant prices being paid for level 5 (not so much anymore), 6, and 7 staff aren't worth the increased training they give. We continue to pay those prices because A) we are suckers for shiny new toys and we crave the false security that having the highest, biggest, bestest, mostest spensivest gives us.

Once I scored a basket that still makes me laugh.
This Post:
68559.26 in reply to 68559.25
Date: 01/16/2009 09:36:33
Overall Posts Rated:
53381.88 in reply to 53381.87
Date: 10/31/2008 1:45:45 AM

The first is that as I've said in the past, except for teams where slightly increasing the skills of their players is very, very valuable, a level 7 trainer probably loses them money, since that money would be better spent improving their players via the transfer market

Last edited by somdetsfinest at 01/16/2009 09:40:26

This Post:
68559.27 in reply to 68559.23
Date: 01/16/2009 10:21:03
Overall Posts Rated:

BB's do not set prices for staff, the free market (us managers) does... And there are suckers enough who still want to buy this car for a ridiculous fee, just because they think it shines more...

This Post:
68559.28 in reply to 68559.21
Date: 01/16/2009 11:00:59
Overall Posts Rated:
In re: 10 weeks level FT Stam training. At some point I am going to push the restart button (luckily for me I'm in a small country) and begin by buying 10 18 year olds and train them like that for a year.
I'll let you know how it goes.

This Post:
68559.29 in reply to 68559.28
Date: 01/16/2009 18:41:22
Overall Posts Rated:
i am very interested in knowing how that works. I know I have it easy. I am playing in a very weak country. I have read so many posts about stamina etc being important... I haven´t trained it once. Only OD and a few other guard skills. I also train 6 players a week and do great. Yes on the long run I would have lost out in the USA or Spanish top leagues, BUT I can see my trainees (4 off them) turning into world class players. I cant say I miss stamina training because I have never trained it, but would like to see how it would benefit the team and secondly whether you fetch alot on the market...

This Post:
68559.30 in reply to 68559.29
Date: 01/16/2009 22:35:46
Overall Posts Rated:
I'm not sure what your questions is- You want to know the value of stamina, right?

I think stamina works as a modifier to the other skills, so when players have low stamina their skills are reduced, especially as their minutes played go up. SO, in the 4th quarter you might see subs in the game instead of starters or you might see players playing worse.

I know very little about the GE but I do know that in real life being in good condition and shooting free throws well are two of the most basic keys to being a successful basketball player. So, for me, it makes sense to have those kinds of players on my BB team. In the context of BB if you have high stamina then you can play fast-paced tactics and not suffer at the end of the game.

I don't really play the market much, and I don't do it well at all, so I'm the wrong person to ask. I assume that other skills being equal, a player wiith high FT and Stamina will sell for more than one without.

Also, I don't think it is that improtant for the majority of players in the game who are following some sort of accepted formula for being successful. I don't really care to do it that way, even though it means my team isn't that good. Like I said, I am lucky to be in a small country where you don't have to follow one road to success.

This Post:
68559.31 in reply to 68559.30
Date: 01/16/2009 23:13:45
Overall Posts Rated:
i just think that getting level 6 or 7 trainers doesnt really necessarily proves you should be getting more gains than your cost.

as what im tried to say earlier, and try to change it a bit probably if you want to get from location A to location B which travel "X" miles . . .

now if you have a level 5 or i say 1.6 valve car, you will consume "Y" liters of gas at lets say "Z" miles/hr

but if you have a level 6 or 7 for lets say 2.0 valve car, you will consume probably more "Y" liters of gas at a more "Z" miles /hr speed rate.

now if we put it into a more perspective, usually on a free way i probably would say you would get early by just half an hour or an hour or even a few hours earlier but it wont make a big difference for you to say that the gas you consume could really justify the time you got their early.

but to sum it up you got their earlier than a normal car or 1.6 valve car :D but surely you consumption or cost is way more.

now going back to bb universe, i do believe the bb's would do it in the sense that it will save you from turning your team from being a talent or player skill developer in a span of quick time wherein you can keep that trainer with heavy cost but you can sell players to help you.

i agree with superfly here, its still a long term thing but you just got a little ahead of everyone:D

Advertisement