BB Global (English) > Season 25

Season 25

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
248324.210 in reply to 248324.183
Date: 9/25/2013 8:12:04 AM
Overall Posts Rated:

Too often people are comparing an offense tactic with it's counterpart on defense while teams are only optimized for one of the two. At the inside spectrum people say well teams are optimized to play LI (offense), but its counterpart 2-3 (defense) is broken because nobody finds developing skillsets to fit such tactics efficient enough to try. For outside teams are optimized on OD (defense) but teams basically have low or no JR (offense) so we call outside offense tactics underpowered. This is a reasoning I cannot follow, if you want to judge the process (whether the tactic works) you first need to have adequate input. BB was never designed for each team to be able to run every tactic with maximum efficiency at every moment in time.

It may be true for many players, and beginners in particular. But I think many of the more experienced manager, also think a bout optimizing their roster for specific defense tactics. Athough there are less otpions as for optimizing offense tactics.

Even with a pair of very good OD guards, you might have trouble being effective with Z 2-3 vs an outside attack.

The prediction feature shouldn't be linked to a specific tactic as well. I believe the change in salary formula along with the last seasons SB changes will show its results in a few seasons from now - not immediately as still most players are trained in the same way, which is impossible to change in a single season. The prediction feature simply helps reducing the dominance of one single tactic, irrelevant of which it is - in season 5 this would have been Run n Gun, in season 24 Look Inside - as the more dominant one tactic is, the higher the incentive to switch to another as your opponent will set defense right too often.

IRL coaches have much more options to adapt their tactic during the game, and in particular at half time. And if they start the game with a specific plan they usually have several alternative plan ready. In BB choosing a single offense and a single defense for the whole is allready a commitment, that greatly exceed IRL basketball, increasing this guessing aspect of the game just make BB more distant from IRL basketball.

If your goal is to reduce the LI dominance, do it directly, by lowering the offense rating of LI. In keeping with a direct fix, you will reduce the risks for side effects. The planned "guessing" will just transpose the issue.

Why would not you let managers build team with a specific orientation. This is actually very common IRL. If you purchase an expensive Center, it is not to fake by playing an ouside tactic, it is to make the most out of his salary and use an inside tactic. The fact that the opponent now about it shouldn't help him that much. If he want to counter you, he should purchase a center with stronger ID.

This will encourage, teams made of five SF, or team with both a strong guard and a strong frontcourt player, to change you offense tactic every game and keep you opponent guessing. It will just add more issues.

This Post:
248324.211 in reply to 248324.210
Date: 9/25/2013 8:16:52 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
There are currently 10 offensive tactics and 7 defensive tactics. This is quite a lot.
The problem is that most managers will only consider a very few of them, maybe 2 or 3, when making there lineup.

I clearly understand that some tactics should be more specific and only used in particular circumstances.
But many seems so inferior, even if you try to build your team specifically for them.
Make them more attractive.

This Post:
248324.214 in reply to 248324.209
Date: 9/25/2013 9:15:04 AM
Kira Kira Koseki
II.3
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Yubi Yubi
Fact is that outside shooting is no big threat in this game.

Quoted for when an outside based offence wins the B3 in a few seasons time...

This Post:
248324.215 in reply to 248324.214
Date: 9/25/2013 9:26:09 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Fact is that outside shooting is no big threat in this game.

Quoted for when an outside based offence wins the B3 in a few seasons time...

It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for an outside offense team to win B3.

Might happen, rather unlikely.

Größter Knecht aller Zeiten aka His Excellency aka President for Life aka Field Marshal Al Hadji aka Lord of All the Beasts of the Earth and Fishes of the Seas aka aka Conqueror of the Buzzerbeater Empire in Europe in General and Austria in Particular
This Post:
248324.219 in reply to 248324.170
Date: 9/28/2013 7:27:13 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
I don't understand the comparison between the predictions of the tactics and rock/paper/scissors, simply because you will now just play rock if you are very sure your opponent plays scissors (and in some desperate cover your head and brace the impact situations). I wonder if people missed the announcement that you don't HAVE to make predictions, you have the option to do so.

Because gussing tactics is exactly that? You are free to not make predictions,that's for sure, but still this prediction system is playing rock/paper/scissors on what the adversary team would do on offense.
Prediction system isn't bad for itself, it's bad because this has been a solution chosen as patch since many tactics does not work on the actual GE(or does not work as they should, as 3-2 being more efficient against LI than 2-3)

Last edited by Steve Karenn at 9/28/2013 7:30:08 AM

This Post:
248324.220 in reply to 248324.219
Date: 9/28/2013 10:38:26 AM
Cruesli
DBA Pro A
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
The Milk
That 3-2 is more efficient against LI than 2-3 is not a fact but an opinion.

I personally find it can work alright against LI if you've got solid bigs with a bit of SB en an SF that can defend inside as well. Besides that it depends on the outside shooting skills of your opponent. And it probably helps that I have a great defensive PG.

But it gives me some flexibility and extra possibilities to defeat inside offenses. And personally I believe that it was the reason I won last tuesday against a strong rival, who has more salary and while playing on the road. In the ratings my win looks weird but if you see how my 2-3 zone shut down his big men (low total shots and/or bad FG%) it makes a bit more sense.

Crunchy! If you eat fast enough
Advertisement