Show messages by
This Post:
14411.215 in reply to 14411.214
Date: 6/28/2011 2:28:06 PM
Manila Bombers
PPL
Overall Posts Rated:
Daniel Corono heals slower than usual, might be out for the rest of the season

Team doctor Massimiliano Vittadini said that there are no significant improvements on the injury Corono sustained in a game against B, B & B Law firm. Originally expected to be out for two weeks, he said that there is a chance that he will not be available until season 17. Because of this, Greedy quickly acquired Boguslaw Rogalski to fill up the void left by Corono. In spite of this, it will still be hard to replace the consistent production of the face of the team.

This Post:
14411.216 in reply to 14411.215
Date: 6/29/2011 10:01:55 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
TyrantZs' fate undecided.

Concepcion, PH (BB) - "It's kinda good but not quite...It's all about making the best decision always for my team" this is all what Manager Warbo have said after his team the Concepcion TyrantZ asked about their season 16 campaign. After 19 games with 12-7 record which made them surpassed their previous record of 10-12 last S15 but still Manager Warbo was not that satisfied with the teams performance "The fate of the team still have to discuss about who will be staying in the team or who will be put in the market list" , "It's so sad and also a hard decision to make things around the league and also we always consider first our fans satisfaction not only ours." he said during a phone interview.
TyrantZ also have expressed to extend some of their players contract until next season although they didn't give more infos about the matter.

Last edited by Mod-Warbo at 6/29/2011 10:04:56 AM

Message deleted
This Post:
14411.218 in reply to 14411.216
Date: 7/25/2011 1:02:33 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Allenian SuperSonics Season 16 Off-season Report

As been longed expected by coach Ray Christian, the Allenian SuperSonics again was regalated on League III.But in spite of that the management is still happy with the outcome this year." In spite being relegated again this year we are still happy because almost all of our young players gained more experience and skills last season.Also we manage to get a high draft pick to beef-up our current roster, that is already enough accomplishment for us." Manager Rated_rko replied in the press conference.In that conference also Mr. Rated_rko added for another 3 more years of rebuilding the team roster."As of now we are on our final year of re-building this team,but i think its not yet enough so i am extending it for another 3 years.This is also due to our commitment to our National Team's Agenda to train young players,as of now we have 2 players that can make it to their selection but we still have to train them more. " he added lastly.

As for his prediction in this year's campaign coach Ray Christian responded with, " This year we have a really good chance of making the final 4, but to win a championship i cannot tell this early because there are strong teams out there that can challenge us.But it's not that impossible to beat them either so let's hope for the best this year."

With the 3rd pick in the Season 16 draft, the Allenian SuperSonics select Cirilo Peñafiel

After his named was called, manager Rated_rko makes a big sigh," At last the pursue is all over!, i can already relax for a little bit.We really want to draft him badly."Those were the words that came into his mouth after drafting Peñafiel.

"We were happy to draft him,he is the player we need in the team, i was really shock that the 1st 2 team didn't draft him, we were really lucky this time." Coach Ray Christian added.

" I am also very happy the SuperSonics drafted me, i will do everything i can to help this team to achieve it's ultimate goal." Peñafiel said

The SuperSonics also got Carl Elbert Yambot as its 19th pick in the draft, and Servando Ramirez on the 35 pick.Overall the draft was a good one for the team," I think we can use them all in the game i really like this draft class"
coach Ray Christian lastly added.

Maybe considered as one of the best player the team has drafted, Peñafiel already drew attention from the National Team. " Maybe we can consider him if he trains very hard to improve his skills, there's no doubt that he has the skill but he still has to train more" the scout commented." Maybe this is a start of a good fortune for this team, we will support him if that time comes" Rated_rko replied.

Last edited by rated_rko at 7/25/2011 1:06:48 PM

This Post:
14411.219 in reply to 14411.213
Date: 7/29/2011 10:45:39 AM
Manila Bombers
PPL
Overall Posts Rated:
Manila Bombers Season 16 Off-season News Reel

Montejo scores 30 in a win over Ants (33254519)

Down by 4 by the start of the 4th quarter, the Bombers relied on their stingy defense to win 93-81. Montejo scored 10 of his 30 points in this quarter to provide enough offense to steal the game. This game proved to be pivotal as it gave the Bombers one more win than Ants, coupled with a good point differential, allowed the Bombers to promote to League II.3.

Ants eliminated the Bombers from the playoffs for the second straight season (35735897)

Balionis Slodkus looked unstoppable as he poured in 28 points and grabbed 10 rebounds to lead the Ants to a 100-81 victory over the Bombers. Corono, still out of shape, did his best to match that production with 20 points and 11 rebounds but similar to the previous year, he got little help from his team mates.

Renan Daduya retires after 6 seasons with the Bombers

Once the starting center for the team, Renan Daduya mostly stayed on the bench near the end of his career. During that time, he mainly served as a mentor for his team mates, giving advice and sharing his experiences.

After the team acquired Boguslaw Rogalski, it held a press conference announcing his retirement. Daduya, although a bit down, thanked the team and his team mates for everything. He has a career average of 9.95 points, 8.81 rebounds, 4.80 assists, 1.78 steals and 1.71 blocks, exhibiting an all around game. After his retirement, only 3 players are left from the inaugural roster namely, Hochadel, Bahay and Trespeses.

Manila Bombers pick Rading Chiu with the 14th pick in the III.10 Season 16 draft

Scouts of the team all agreed that this draft class is weak. However, they got an acceptable player in Rading Chiu. Now, the team is comtemplating whether to send him overseas to develop or to keep him. The second and third picks of the team are Lister Canong and Eranio Jose Solis respectively. Canong is already transferred to another team while Solis awaits if any team wishes to get his services.

Bombers promote to League II.3

In one of the most unexpected events, the team promotes through bot cleanup. Even manager PH-Greedy did not believe it when the news was announced to him. However, after scouting the competition, he realized that he has a long way to go before his team can really compete, let alone stay in this division. As a first step in solving this problem, he obtains the service of French point guard François Salvat to help the team.

Last edited by Greedy at 7/29/2011 10:46:01 AM

This Post:
14411.220 in reply to 14411.219
Date: 2/4/2012 11:37:15 AM
Manila Bombers
PPL
Overall Posts Rated:
Manila Bombers edge out CleMeNZas Spaghetti Sauce 92-86 to win the III.1 Season 18 Championship

As the last few seconds ticked on the clock, Daniel Corono looked up the scoreboard and raised his arms. Finally, after 4 seasons with the team, he delivered a championship.

Through the first three quarters, both teams traded bucket after bucket with CleMeNZas Spaghetti Sauce clinging on a small lead. However, midway through the third quarter, the Bombers' fortune changed. Starting forward Prince Albert Pekitpekit fouled out and All-star guard Marion Sedigo aggravated his injury after being fouled by Estrera. This left the team with 5 players who were forced to play until the end of the game.

At the start of the fourth quarter, even though they were down by a point, the Bombers coached believed that they would cruise to an easy victory as their opponent were shorthanded. However, Tian Jianchao, a former NT player, had other plans. He would plowed his way through the Bombers' interior defense possession after possession. But later on, he finally ran out of gas while the balanced offense of their opponent continued to run. Later attempts at a comeback became futile when starting power forward Elviro Ching fouled out of the game, replaced by a lucky fan. The Bombers then hit free throws late in the game to seal the victory and the championship.

This Post:
14411.221 in reply to 14411.220
Date: 2/16/2012 9:32:02 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Just thought I try my hand at writing an article.

The Return of the Mokong

Team Mokong is one of the new teams to be added to the "ultra-competitive" II.4 League this season but Team Mokong is no stranger to League 2 competition nor are they a new face around here. In 10 seasons that the team has existed, they've been in League 2 3 times, twice in II.4.

Team Mokong had a fairy tale start when a group of role players exceeded all expectations and started dominating both League's 3 and 4 before being stopped in II.3 on their 4th season.

When asked about their return to League 2 competition, team manager and coach, Mokong answered, "During our first stint here in League 2, it became a wake up call of how competitive it is here in this League. We realized that we were not yet ready then so we went back to League 3 to hone our skills and to build up the team's chemistry and confidence."

It was during their last stint in II.4 when they were able to draft then promising rookie, Edgardo Discar, who is now a part of the U21 National Team. Edgardo Discar has shown a lot of potential and has been developing very well behind superstar Rading Sanglay. "Ed is like little brother to me. I am very proud of what he has achieved in such a short amount of time. The U21 National Team will be very exciting to watch this year.", Rading said after Discar's appointment to the National Team.

"Everything that happens has a purpose. And I believe that our time is now.", Mokong was quoted as saying after they won their League 3 Championship for the 3rd time.

Last edited by Mokong at 2/16/2012 9:32:45 PM

This Post:
14411.222 in reply to 14411.221
Date: 3/26/2012 5:11:22 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Gryffinclaws' Happy and Sad endings

At Hogwards last Thursday March 22,2012, Manila Bombers' went to Hogwards to battle Gryffinclaws to advance in the next round in the Philippines Cup. After the 3rd quarter, Gryffinclaws was leading by 7. But when the 4th Quarter came in, Manila Bombers bombed the place by getting in a 19-4 run. But the match was secured by the Bombers at the last 30 seconds of the match at 88-85 which Manila Bombers was leading. Bomber's Izhar Kuperman was injured after being fouled by Jacinto Moreno Cala which was celebrated by the Gryffinclaws fans because Kuperman played a great game with a double-double and 7 assists amd 4 steals but for the players of both teams wasn't happy of what Cala did. But both teams was happy to know that Kuperman won't miss any games for the Bombers. But at the last 30 seconds of the game Gryffinclaws Goran Vuletić can't get the rebound even Gryffinclaws Center Maximiliano Castillo can't even touch the ball. At the final whistle all Gryffinclaws fans and staff was heartbroken with the lost in the close match against Manila Bombers at 90-85

But two days later, Gryffinclaws had to forget about that match to play against ellas labang. Maximiliano Castillo and Esteban Heguy had double doubles to win against ellas labang by a huge blowout, 131-25. This is the first time in the history of the Gryffinclaws to win by over 100 points. When the fans and players looked at the big screen to look at the standings we all hoped to be 2nd place this time. But everyone in the arena celebrated after knowing the Gryffinclaws are now first place over the favorite to win the season, Ciudad Grande Home Owners. Gryffinclaws' PR Manager, József Gráf, said: We will try to be the first place until the end of the season, I know it is going to be hard with Ciudad Grande Home Owners right on our tails but we can do it for the fans. For today Gryffinclaws only problem is batchoy if Gryffinclaws goes to the Finals to win the season.

This Post:
14411.223 in reply to 14411.222
Date: 3/26/2012 8:42:21 AM
Manila Bombers
PPL
Overall Posts Rated:
Nice game, sinuwerte lang ako. :P

This Post:
14411.224 in reply to 14411.223
Date: 3/27/2012 4:21:56 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Sayo din:) talo talaga ako nung 4th quarter.

This Post:
14411.225 in reply to 14411.224
Date: 12/2/2012 6:52:39 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Thread revived. Please post your articles pertaining to your team or league here.

Advertisement