This Post:
120417.22 in reply to 120417.21
Date: 12/7/2009 10:13:39 AM
Totwart
ACBB
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Furabolos
I can see my draft edit page, but not the draft edit page of others... that still doesn't help me.

Nobody can see the draft edit page of other teams, only their own draft page

To: Foto
This Post:
120417.23 in reply to 120417.22
Date: 12/7/2009 12:15:05 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Well ZyZla said

draft list edit page could be visible for a one week after drafts, so everyone could compare information given before drafts with players they got as the result...

It is really hard to ask other managers for their draft edit page, some managers don't even know how to edit their draft orders. If BB kept the draft edit numbers up with the players names, things would be a whole lot simpler, especially if you want to know if you had a good draft.

Last edited by czobo001 at 12/7/2009 12:16:10 PM

This Post:
120417.24 in reply to 120417.23
Date: 12/7/2009 12:49:14 PM
Totwart
ACBB
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Furabolos
. If BB kept the draft edit numbers up with the players names

Well, probably they don't want it just to avoid people to compare their drafts. If you have a name but not information at all about a player and other guy has the full information about this player and tells you, you both will take advantage from other users.
Don't think it's a good idea

This Post:
120417.26 in reply to 120417.20
Date: 12/7/2009 1:08:11 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
If you want to know which player from the "edit draft order" page you have draft, you just have to take screenshot from your "edit draft order" now.

Then, when the draft will done, go to your "League page" and select "draft history" from the drop down menu. You will see the players selected by each manager and the column "preference" indicates the order of the player on his manager's "draft order page".

You just have to compare this number with the screenshot to know which player it was. ;^)

This Post:
120417.27 in reply to 120417.26
Date: 12/7/2009 1:31:43 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
If you want to know which player from the "edit draft order" page you have draft, you just have to take screenshot from your "edit draft order" now.

Then, when the draft will done, go to your "League page" and select "draft history" from the drop down menu. You will see the players selected by each manager and the column "preference" indicates the order of the player on his manager's "draft order page".

You just have to compare this number with the screenshot to know which player it was. ;^)

and that`s there could be the improvement made, so if you would be able to see your draft order with all statistics you got on it before drafts not more, so you could see what actually you drafted without need of making plenty of screenshots, course any way we are able to do this by our self so why we cant save our time and just have it on website... Any way you know just your order so you can compare just your drafted players not your opponents... So what is the problem with keeping that list available for couple more week after drafts is being already held?

ZyZla - ZyZlūnas ZyZlavotas ~c(=

This Post:
120417.28 in reply to 120417.25
Date: 12/7/2009 1:32:45 PM
Totwart
ACBB
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Furabolos
Well, perhaps I am wrong, but I guess a lot of people will share the information, stupid or not
I'm not saying that the system is the best we can have, but the names of the players is not something that would improve it

This Post:
120417.29 in reply to 120417.12
Date: 12/7/2009 1:45:00 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
One thing that's missing in this discussion is that in terms of where the top players end up compared to draft position and the amount spent on scouting, the current system does its job quite well.

Just to answer this... In the current system, if everyone spent zero dollars on scouting you would still have vitually the same quality of drafted players in BB (maybe a slight drop in quality due to bot teams drafting a few quality players here and there). So I just don't see the link between money invested and quality of players.

The current draft system is a lottery no matter how you slice it. By investing more, you reduce the luck factor by a little, but not by much. I still find the draft one of the weaker aspects of the game, in terms of the amount of tactical decision making that is required.

My personal feeling is that one of the weak parts of the draft is that all the players get drafted. In real life, some of the great talent gets passed over (especially if people don't pay for scouting!), it is too bad that doesn't happen in BB.

Last edited by HeadPaperPusher at 12/7/2009 1:46:00 PM

Run of the Mill Canadian Manager

To: Foto
This Post:
120417.30 in reply to 120417.28
Date: 12/7/2009 1:59:51 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I understand what you are saying, but I doubt it will give the other teams much advantage.

If I scout #35 find out he is a B+ player, 4 star rating 3 star potential and 19 years old, and I later find out his name is Bob Smith... Well after the draft under Bob Smith's name is his actual potential, his age, and his salary. Looking at the players salary and DMI is the best way to determine how good a player is. How can a B+ and a 4 star rating help me? If I share that information with someone else would it really help them?

Putting the draft edit number next to the rookies name and keeping the draft edit sheet up a couple of weeks is an easy fix, harmless, and people will understand how the draft went.

This Post:
120417.31 in reply to 120417.30
Date: 12/7/2009 2:13:43 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I understand what you are saying, but I doubt it will give the other teams much advantage.

If I scout #35 find out he is a B+ player, 4 star rating 3 star potential and 19 years old, and I later find out his name is Bob Smith... Well after the draft under Bob Smith's name is his actual potential, his age, and his salary. Looking at the players salary and DMI is the best way to determine how good a player is. How can a B+ and a 4 star rating help me? If I share that information with someone else would it really help them?

Putting the draft edit number next to the rookies name and keeping the draft edit sheet up a couple of weeks is an easy fix, harmless, and people will understand how the draft went.

that`s why there wont ever be numbers near the names... you know which player you chose as your pick nr.5 so you are able to compare him with stats or info you got on draft list. This is already not a point as everyone are able to do that. The point is that this could be made in easier way then we have to do that now.

ZyZla - ZyZlūnas ZyZlavotas ~c(=
This Post:
120417.32 in reply to 120417.29
Date: 12/7/2009 2:45:18 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
One thing that's missing in this discussion is that in terms of where the top players end up compared to draft position and the amount spent on scouting, the current system does its job quite well.

Just to answer this... In the current system, if everyone spent zero dollars on scouting you would still have vitually the same quality of drafted players in BB (maybe a slight drop in quality due to bot teams drafting a few quality players here and there). So I just don't see the link between money invested and quality of players.

Na, I don't think it's a small difference. The comparison with everyone spending zero dollars is kinda off, since not everyone is spending 40k/week currently. Right now, I've got very few info, I didn't spend a single dollar. I don't expect anything from the draft. And I think many teams who think they'll finish in the top of the league don't.

The difference is being made with the teams close to relegation getting info of 75% of the players, while I only got info about 20% of the players. Everyone at zero dollars would mean everyone got some info about 20% of the players, thus the variance of good players ending up at team spending would be way bigger then it is now.

So I think you certainly underestimate the reduce of the luck factor you're talking about.

Advertisement