Server too Busy - Player sold for undervalue

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
273308.22 in reply to 273308.21
Date: 8/31/2015 4:08:02 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
The game is in disrepute.

A manager being myself is a million dollars plus worse off because of the instability of the site.

Where is Marin?

The longer it takes for an announcement / remedy to be made, the deeper this game sinks into the depths of disrepute

Last edited by Sid Vicious at 8/31/2015 4:23:24 AM

This Post:
273308.23 in reply to 273308.22
Date: 8/31/2015 4:52:11 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Everything has been said many many times.

1. It's your own fault
2. no "remedy" will be made

I once sold half my team and experienced a server downtime - lost millions myself. No reason to reward stupidity and help out in such a case. This ain't no game for fools.

Größter Knecht aller Zeiten aka His Excellency aka President for Life aka Field Marshal Al Hadji aka Lord of All the Beasts of the Earth and Fishes of the Seas aka aka Conqueror of the Buzzerbeater Empire in Europe in General and Austria in Particular
This Post:
273308.24 in reply to 273308.23
Date: 8/31/2015 5:34:08 AM
Overall Posts Rated:

1. It's your own fault
- Its not my fault the server went down

If the server goes down auctions are supposed to be extended - this did not happen

I once sold half my team and experienced a server downtime - lost millions myself. No reason to reward stupidity and help out in such a case. This ain't no game for fools.

Unlike yourserlf I have been ranked as high as 10 in the world and I do not consider myself to be a fool

This Post:
273308.25 in reply to 273308.13
Date: 8/31/2015 5:36:32 AM
Overall Posts Rated:

Dear EGM-Perpete,

Im curious as to whether you have heard anything from Mr Marin in the last 2 days.

This Post:
273308.26 in reply to 273308.15
Date: 8/31/2015 7:20:52 AM
Nightearls
DBA Pro A
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Silver Onions
This whole discussion leads to nothing. We all know that Marin will not interrupt in the transfer. So I suggest to just end this discussion.

It is not a bug, at most it is a problem which is well known and which has a simple remedy of setting the initial price at the minimum a manager wants to receive.

Only in the dark, we succeed!
This Post:
273308.27 in reply to 273308.24
Date: 8/31/2015 7:40:52 AM
Overall Posts Rated:

1. It's your own fault
- Its not my fault the server went down

If the server goes down auctions are supposed to be extended - this did not happen

Unlike yourserlf I have been ranked as high as 10 in the world and I do not consider myself to be a fool

It's your fault you did not set the desired amount. If you are too lazy to type 7 digits it's your fault and you are a fool too. Everybody knows the servers are unstable during offseason processing.

Not gonna join your dick-measuring contest tho.

Last edited by Knecht at 8/31/2015 7:58:51 AM

Größter Knecht aller Zeiten aka His Excellency aka President for Life aka Field Marshal Al Hadji aka Lord of All the Beasts of the Earth and Fishes of the Seas aka aka Conqueror of the Buzzerbeater Empire in Europe in General and Austria in Particular
This Post:
273308.28 in reply to 273308.27
Date: 8/31/2015 8:17:15 AM
Kira Kira Koseki
II.3
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Yubi Yubi
Everybody knows the servers are unstable during offseason processing.

We're seven games into the season. Off-season processing isn't a valid excuse for server issues.

This Post:
273308.29 in reply to 273308.28
Date: 8/31/2015 9:33:16 AM
TrenseRI
III.2
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
ChiLeaders
So, looks like I have to repeat the same points again and again:

1. Server downtime is almost never planned. In cases when it is planned, we delay the transfers, in other cases we cannot do so because we don't know when they will happen. Unplanned means unpredictable. Are there any websites as complex as this one on the internet that don't experience crashes? It's possible, but I doubt they have our kind of resources to deal with it.

2. If you're asking why so many crashes this season? We had a lot of problems with the offseason calculation. They have, luckily, completed and the crashes related to them have gone away too. This crash was not related to the offseason. It is a random crash explained by out top expert (Charles) as "some problem from within the ASP design" that can happen at any time during the season. What can we do to prevent it? Not much.

3. When placing a player on the TL, we advise you put the lowest acceptable value (in this case 3M) as a starting price. This will insure that the player is never sold for less. Since crashes are unpredictable and virtually unpreventable, setting a lower value is considered risky. In these cases, the seller is accepting a small possibility of a server crash with hopes of getting buyers into a bid war and selling the player for much more than the lowest acceptable value, however the responsibility for the risk lies with the seller. So you see, as with everything in this game, this is a tradeoff. What you do is up to you and when things don't turn out as expected, you have to live with the consequences.

4. The sales finished during server downtime are never retroactively undone. This is because, as explained before, the responsibility lies with the seller.

Maybe we should put this in the rules and settle it once and for all. Actually, that is exactly what I will do.

This Post:
273308.30 in reply to 273308.21
Date: 8/31/2015 2:36:23 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
All current transfers should be frozen and extended for amount of time lost no matter when the actual deadline is.

That would be problematic too.

As I like to go with the flow, I will jump the bandwagon of managers ridiculing the OP and finish with a famous quote: HA! HA!

Problematic? How so? All transfers should have been extended by at least an hour. Now that's going with the flow. With only 2 people able to freeze the market if the sever goes down within a 24 hour period, is nowhere near enough. You can jump on as many bandwagons as you like and use 'the famous quote HA! HA!', but the fact is, that the transfers was not frozen in time. No manager would be happy about that imo.

This Post:
273308.31 in reply to 273308.30
Date: 9/1/2015 1:01:12 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Even if just 10 minutes were added to all auctions that were due to finish whilst the server was down, from the time that the server comes up.

This Post:
273308.32 in reply to 273308.29
Date: 9/1/2015 1:19:27 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Thank you for your belated reply.

I feel that in your effort to deflect the fact that system instability has adversly affected a Manager (being myself) that have used the approach (whether intentional or not) of blaming the victim (which is again me).

Even if i had of set the minimum price at 3 mill who is to say that in this crazy market that currently exists, that the player may not have made 4 million in a bidding war.

Trainerman is keen on autobid, but in an environment where auto bid dont exist the current norm is for managers to hide their interest in players and attempt to get the player for the cheapest possible price by bidding near the end of the auction.

Again i am dissapointed by your response which IMO masks the real issue that being that the systems instability will on occassions and has in this instance, seriously affected multiple individuals and that no "cure" exists for this injustice.

I.e. Myself, the multiple bidders who were trying to log in with the intention of buying the player and also all the other Managers who are in the league competing against the lucky manager who managed to get this player for somewhere between 1 and 2 and a half mill under current market value. (Have all been wrongly adversely affected)

The other (imo) silly aspect of your "actions" is that it will encourage more people to put high minimun values on players that they put on the transfer list.

This i believe clogs up the market and reduces the enjoyment for managers.

If anything you should impose a listing fee on managers who list players for high prices and that dont sell, so as to discourage this practise.

Please fix the problem rather than masking the problems that the sites instabilty causes and the lack of fairness that exists, when it does

Last edited by Sid Vicious at 9/1/2015 5:01:51 AM

Advertisement