Suggestions > Stop Newbies from Bidding on Monsters & Suggestions

Stop Newbies from Bidding on Monsters & Suggestions

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
229459.23 in reply to 229459.19
Date: 11/9/2012 4:38:02 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I hate with passion rules set up under the pretense of protecting me. Leave me alone.
If I make bad mistakes, I badly need to learn. Don't take this away from me.

So you disagree with seat belts, traffic lights, speed limits etc? They can still drive but just be led to drive safely.

This Post:
229459.24 in reply to 229459.23
Date: 11/10/2012 3:54:12 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
In case you are not kidding, help, you are one of them ! ;p

You are not comparing these serious issues with bidding on monsters, are you ?
Don't bask in this awful intellectual conformism pleeease :)
You are a miracle like every other human being.
Don't let the real world eat your brain :)

If you're kidding, well, you got me :)

Chihorn, your "cheater" argument can be heard but it is still annoyingly using a loosely related problem to forward a point of view. Sorry, this sentence sounds awkward even to my ears... er fingers...

How many cases of players wrecking their finances on day one ? Are they really genuinely interested players ? It sounds like what one would do by joining, having a walk around the site, then trolling. The very few who had truly made the mistake are not numerous enough to require a rule. And it is not a favour made to them. Besides nothing is wrecked for ever, certainly not on day 1 and there is always the possibility to start afresh. Many top team players have started anew, it is not a cataclysm and the probabilty to survive it is very high.

This Post:
229459.26 in reply to 229459.25
Date: 11/10/2012 4:55:41 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
But Terfu, this city building game is not comparable to BB, newbies are hyper vulnerable if they can be instantly destroyed by the outside, the protection makes sense.
BB is meant to be played over years, if you are demoralized after a week, there is little chance you will enjoy the game. BB is not a pick-up and play game.

I don't say that they deserve it, it is not the point. It's their own experience. The game is about overcoming obstacles found in your path, some problems you'll have created, some not. There is no equity in BB, everyone's path is different and each personal experience should be different. Injuries, draft, strong/weak leagues, easy/hard cup draws, small/large countries, low/top starting league, there is no equity, it's different for everyone and still everyone has his own problems to solve. No cancel and do it again because you are meant to "live" it as if it's IRL, no reload :)
There are much more losers than winners here, yet even "losers" can enjoy the adventure.

Should we argue that everyone should be made a champion because losing makes people quit ?

This Post:
229459.28 in reply to 229459.27
Date: 11/10/2012 7:58:56 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
As Terfu says, it's quite tempting to get a monster for a few thousand and you don't realize that your economy can't support it. Remember that the chap probably hasn't even looked at his weekly finances. We're just saying let the guy work through a couple of financial cycles and figure out how much money he has. After a couple or three weeks, it's his own problem. You can look at it as not allowing the team to waste its league provided funding.

This Post:
229459.29 in reply to 229459.28
Date: 11/10/2012 11:17:02 AM
Mountain Eagles
III.1
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Ric Flair Drippers
I know, that's why I did this discussion.

@Manouche: Terfu is right, how about you? Would you even continue the game after you buy a 300k monster and then go bankrupt and get fired?

I feel no, any manager would feel that way,....."WHAT! Bankrupt already?!?!?! F*** this game!" and they never come back again

@LA-Terfu: Well, got a point, how many would come back? Probably around 1% which is pretty low.

so what I am saying is, if we put this rule in, we could actually start gaining back users and potentially get back to our safe 50k users.....but if we don't, more and more users will leave the game, and then comes the discussion of when BB will drop under 40k.

3 Time NBBA Champion. Certified Trainer. Mentor. Have any questions? Feel free to shoot me a BB-Mail!

This Post:
229459.30 in reply to 229459.29
Date: 11/11/2012 9:05:23 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Many different types of games rely on something far more simple than this. It is not difficult for a new account to visit a different page upon clicking on a link. On links such as Transfer list, why not simply implement into the system a page that describes some common errors made in the market by a new GM. Make it last the first 2-3 days, maybe the first week. It will erk some veteran returning GM's to some degree, but it doesn't have the same restrictive nature.

I am a big believer in knowledge rather than force. I think that if we can provide these new folks with better opportunities rather than restrictions, not only will they perhaps gain a better understanding overall (a lower percantage of teams going bankrupt) but perhaps the game will regain a bit of the momentum it has lost.

This Post:
229459.32 in reply to 229459.30
Date: 11/12/2012 9:43:43 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Good idea!

Le forum francophone dédié à Buzzerbeater : (http://buzzerbeaterfrance.forumpro.fr/) Vous y trouverez conseils et partage

This Post:
229459.33 in reply to 229459.29
Date: 11/16/2012 8:07:43 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
@Manouche: Terfu is right, how about you? Would you even continue the game after you buy a 300k monster and then go bankrupt and get fired?

I feel no, any manager would feel that way,....."WHAT! Bankrupt already?!?!?! F*** this game!" and they never come back again

I don't understand why you take an extreme example like this one.
To me, it feels like this player is too young to understand how to deal with money. Against someone like that, I don't think it's possible to help him without closing opportunities to others.

Warning messages wouldn't be enough to help them ?

Advertisement