BuzzerBeater Forums

BB Global (English) > Are transfer List prices too low?

Are transfer List prices too low?

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
270995.23 in reply to 270995.21
Date: 6/16/2015 8:19:39 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
I'll try start some good debate.

Personally I feel they probably are slightly too high and (I've said this before) it mainly affects new players who haven't had the time to train a player to 1000000 or build a team of assets to sell on for millions. So they are more stuck, even for not great players, than teams who have arena/player assets.

Thats my two cents anyway. What does everyone else think?

This Post:
270995.24 in reply to 270995.17
Date: 6/16/2015 9:57:46 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
This seems like a legitimate request to gauge user opinion in a completely non-biased manner. Wouldn't you agree?

1. No, Lemonshine has an agenda to see inflation increase.
2. Yes, it's either unbiased or Lemonshine has an agenda to trigger deflation.
Ah hrudey is back building a straw man. I knew that deep down this side of you could not have disappeared.

However logic is logic after all and anybody can understand that. Disproving a statement does not equal asserting the opposite, duh....

Wanting to check whether people believe prices should be higher, as people claim they should, is no expression of an opinion or an agenda. I dare you to find anywhere where I said that I personally believe that prices should be higher or lower. I always only reported what I felt was the majority sentiment reading the threads. Obviously you, as I'm sure others like you within the minority of users, cannot accept this very simple fact. Find anywhere where I clearly state that is my opinion was my own or where you can reasonably infer that, hrudey, please, I beg you. Otherwise I expect you to come here and correct yourself.

Correct myself how? By saying that it seems like a legitimate request to gauge user opinion, or providing a poll with one opinion or a choice of two different ones? Clearly you must agree that it's a legitimate method to encourage open discussion and not introducing bias in any manner, as you surely would not have posted the poll the way you did otherwise.

As such, I have no real problem with your poll. I would vote 2 in my poll.

I just think there's one user who might disagree with the validity of this poll, both because he would argue that prices can move different ways in different segments of the market, and because he would have wanted to gather more information rather than reducing it to a yes-no question.

(268316.68)
You're forgetting one thing we've been telling you forever now: that inflation is not the same at all levels. Lower salary FA do not help top teams maintain their edge in any conceivable way. It's like we're saying apples and you reply bananas.

(268635.127)
Look, I bought supporter I may delight myself in starting polls. I think I will enjoy that. And I think I will start with:
a) You believe today's prices are too high
b) You believe today's prices are too low
c) You believe they are about right
d) I couldn't care less about prices, I'm outta here anyways. bye

I suppose at some point maybe that user will find this thread and hopefully he'll have additional intelligent observations to add. I think you'd like him a lot. It's kind of a shame he didn't start the poll, though, because I'm probably closer to voting (d) than anything anywhere else and I'd much rather reflect my true opinion than playing "Which sucks less?"

This Post:
270995.25 in reply to 270995.22
Date: 6/16/2015 10:45:19 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
I quoted directly posts from last week. That's not a "may or may not" have said.

This Post:
270995.26 in reply to 270995.25
Date: 6/16/2015 10:52:05 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Well if transfer list prices are too low, you just have to enter higher starting sums. Easy as that.

Größter Knecht aller Zeiten aka His Excellency aka President for Life aka Field Marshal Al Hadji aka Lord of All the Beasts of the Earth and Fishes of the Seas aka aka Conqueror of the Buzzerbeater Empire in Europe in General and Austria in Particular
This Post:
270995.28 in reply to 270995.24
Date: 6/16/2015 11:01:35 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
I want an answer to a specific question. I don't want that the poll can be interpreted sideways because of "I don't know or I'm fine with anything" kind of options.

The question I'm trying to answer is very clear. Do you want prices to go up further? Should we actually work so that prices go up further? Yes or no?

Ultimately this is not a general poll about the economy. It's a specific poll about a specific arguments some people use, that prices are not high enough and should be higher.

If you want to open a general poll about the economy in the game with multiple options, surely you're free to do so. You're a supporter too. However don't come here, criticising the poll for something it is not, misrepresenting its purpose and trying to make it out as biased because you would have liked it to be different.

I'm happy to concede that all the "No" votes are votes for trying to keep prices as they are. Would you be happy like that? I honestly only care about what percentage of the userbase would like the economy to inflate for whatever reason. As you can see, I also stayed well away from influencing the vote with any kind of introduction or premise.

Arguments in favour of either side are welcome. Maybe someone will change his mind after reading them. Personally I have no interest in trying to convince anyone. Isn't it clear that I'm trying to verify or disprove whether a certain sentiment is shared by the majority of the userbase?

Last edited by Lemonshine at 6/16/2015 11:09:12 AM

This Post:
270995.29 in reply to 270995.27
Date: 6/16/2015 11:28:31 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
There are also people who repeat like a mantra that prices are too high.
Maybe we will make a poll at some point to see if the people who want lower prices are also in the minority (which would mean people who like the current situation are actually the majority).

Q: Are prices too low in the TL? OR "Prices are too low in the TL" Do you agree with this statement?
A1: Yes.
A2: No.
Ok, I accept your criticism on this, what you suggest is probably a clearer/more efficient way to put it. Do you think it would have made a difference in the results? People who are ok with current prices or don't think they are low would still vote "No" in your poll.

First, that's highly complex to convey in a survey. Open a whole debate about it, and you may get some answers. Second, comparing two different situations, with extremelly different conditioning factors is utopian and pointless, from my perspective...
This poll was not meant to start a debate on the general situation of the game economy. I wholeheartedly agree with your second point.

As before, there are supporters from every side. But there is also an in-between stage of people who believe prices are about fine. Don't turn us in the "BB Third World", please!
It would be absolutely fine if 100% of those who voted "No" were ok with the current situation.

This Post:
270995.30 in reply to 270995.28
Date: 6/16/2015 11:36:38 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Ultimately this is not a general poll about the economy. It's a specific poll about a specific arguments some people use, that prices are not high enough and should be higher.

Don't tell me - I don't think you have an agenda to increase inflation, remember? Tell it to that other guy that seemed to actually want to discuss the economy, if he ever shows up again at least. If you're looking for virtual pats on the back by getting people to vote against these arguments that vex you so, I'm all in favor of that.

This Post:
270995.31 in reply to 270995.30
Date: 6/16/2015 12:36:59 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Don't tell me - I don't think you have an agenda to increase inflation, remember? Tell it to that other guy that seemed to actually want to discuss the economy, if he ever shows up again at least. If you're looking for virtual pats on the back by getting people to vote against these arguments that vex you so, I'm all in favor of that.
Come on, hrudey! No need to be sour about this. You're leaning towards the majority of people who are fine with the current situation, you said that, remember?

Now other people can say they speak for you too, when they mention the 80% to those who say we should increase prices or prices are not high enough! Isn't that great? (y)

I only wanted to have factual evidence of whether the userbase stands on those arguments.

Last edited by Lemonshine at 6/16/2015 12:37:37 PM

This Post:
270995.32 in reply to 270995.31
Date: 6/16/2015 12:49:04 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I'm not having a go, just trying to start an actual debate, where anyone and everyone can contribute there ideas.

This is just turning into the last thread where its just arguing and bickering over little details, which isn't going to encourage people to join in.

This Post:
270995.33 in reply to 270995.32
Date: 6/16/2015 1:10:45 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Ok I agree. Nobody except ExplosiveBubbleWrap gave us an idea of how he relates to the current levels on the TL.

I will add that for the kind of difference-making player I'm looking for it would take more than a season to acquire, judging by the going rates in the last offseason and despite that I'm still in the cup, I'm at the top of my league and -Typical Weekly Net Income: $ 92 157-.

Is that too long for a single player given that kind of weekly profit? I don't know. I sure understand how people who turn in a 20k profit have no chance whatsoever to save and buy that kind of players. You can say, well then buy progressively towards that goal, buy and sell players of an intermediate skill level until you can afford that great player. Unfortunately with taxes of various kind that's become more difficult too :(.

Last edited by Lemonshine at 6/16/2015 1:16:56 PM

Advertisement