ST vs GS

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
217761.24 in reply to 217761.23
Date: 5/30/2012 12:17:36 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
How much do those guys make....? the human cannonballs

Because of settlement discussions pertaining to ongoing litigation, we are unable at this time to supply this information. We are pleased, however, to admit that thanks to foreward-looking employment standards and/or the triggerman's high aim, the glass ceiling has officially been broken and gender equality in pay is now in place for the human cannonballs.

This Post:
217761.25 in reply to 217761.3
Date: 5/30/2012 7:16:21 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
i would say try it! i'd love to see what you're conclusion is on this. the less i have to worry about game shape the better imo ;p

This Post:
217761.26 in reply to 217761.24
Date: 5/31/2012 10:54:25 AM
New York Chunks
II.2
Overall Posts Rated:

Because of settlement discussions pertaining to ongoing litigation, we are unable at this time to supply this information. We are pleased, however, to admit that thanks to foreward-looking employment standards and/or the triggerman's high aim, the glass ceiling has officially been broken and gender equality in pay is now in place for the human cannonballs.

The glass ceiling for gender equality is now in broken? Does this mean you've been shooting women through glass ceilings with a cannon??? Oy vey.

Don't ask what sort of Chunks they are, you probably don't want to know. Blowing Chunks since Season 4!
This Post:
217761.27 in reply to 217761.26
Date: 5/31/2012 11:06:07 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
So what would be considered a 'good' level of stamina? What level would you need for a player to be able to play 48 mins with minimal drop off?

To be honest, I've never really paid attention to stamina. Most of my guys have pretty low stamina - will increasing it (say up from awful and inept to around respectable or strong) have a noticeable difference on my team's performance and/or ratings?

This Post:
217761.29 in reply to 217761.26
Date: 5/31/2012 12:39:56 PM
Overall Posts Rated:

The glass ceiling for gender equality is now in broken? Does this mean you've been shooting women through glass ceilings with a cannon??? Oy vey.

No, of course not. The glass ceiling is, obviously, a metaphor for a real ceiling.

This Post:
217761.30 in reply to 217761.29
Date: 5/31/2012 10:30:26 PM
Milwaukee Lethargy
II.1
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Miłwaukee Lethargy
No, of course not. The glass ceiling is, obviously, a metaphor for a real ceiling.

Not to go off-topic, but...
Where I'm from, "a real ceiling" often means a ceiling made of glass.
So it seems like you're saying, "the glass ceiling is, obviously, a metaphor for a ceiling made of glass." You might want to make your statements less cryptic in the future.

This Post:
217761.31 in reply to 217761.30
Date: 6/1/2012 8:28:04 AM
Overall Posts Rated:

Not to go off-topic, but...
Where I'm from, "a real ceiling" often means a ceiling made of glass.
So it seems like you're saying, "the glass ceiling is, obviously, a metaphor for a ceiling made of glass." You might want to make your statements less cryptic in the future.

Of course I should have been more explicit, but as GM-chihorn and I were merely talking shop as subject matter experts in the human cannon field, there's a basic assumption of industry standards inherent in our postings that aren't necessarily apparent to the onlooker.

In any case, in this matter, at the present time none of the human cannons licensed for use in the USA are rated for use in breaking through ceilings made of glass. Inside the business, "real ceiling" is actually very narrowly defined to the various ceiling parameters that are approved as human cannonball "receptacles", though there's no need to get into the minutiae at this point in time. Had I been a thoughtful poster, I would have been sure to replace "real ceiling" with "subsection 15b compliant real ceiling, as determined by a structural review by licensed building integrity evaluators as defined in subsection 12a".

(I suppose a simpler response of: "Really, that's the part of this you have a problem with?" would have been sufficient, but where's the fun in that?)

This Post:
217761.32 in reply to 217761.28
Date: 6/1/2012 8:32:06 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
I wonder, do the players regain stamina when they are rested? In real life, your performance is worse when you are tired, but when you rest, you can recover back to your initial performance.

i am pretty sure they do, i remember BB.Charles saying long time ago that the coach takes TO at the end of the game also to rest his starters.

This Post:
217761.34 in reply to 217761.1
Date: 6/12/2012 3:25:46 AM
Vattjom Vatos
SBBL
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Utopia Vatos
Here´s my take on stamina and a little bit of Game Shape.
My experience is that Stamina is a little more important then most managers choose to believe.
I believe (its not my religion) that Stamina helps your player to perform better over the entire game(more in the end ofcourse), not just in shooting and defending but also in avoiding fouls to some extent.
I have a strong feeling that my high Stamina (above Strong in average) is a big contributing part of my success of late.

My guards are often referred to as "overachievers", since they have "low" salaries. They perform close to their best every night, much due to their high stamina i believe.
Last year league-MVP Nikos Fanoureas (only 91k salary PF listed as C) has his Stamina (and Driving) to thank for that.

BUT you cannot stick your head in the sand when it comes to Game Shape.
It´s even more important when it comes to impact on the players performance.
Managing minutes and Game Shape during the season (or at least the playoffs) is crucial to my team and a MUST if you are aiming for the silverware in a tight competition.

In closing, if you think your players and team are underachieving, try getting your stamina up a couple of steps, then re-evaluate. Still underachieving? - you got the wrong players for that tactics!
My bet is that you should se a increase in your players performance, leading to a better result for the TEAM.

Advertisement