please please please stop free agents

Set priority
Show messages by

This Post:
222853.24 in reply to 222853.12
Date: 8/4/2012 9:32:35 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
dude if u need a laugh read ur own post

it will kill the transfer list completly? right? so there will be no transfers for the next 2 weeks?

lol

in case of long injury u cannot replace? u dont have backups? u dont have players that can play more than 1 pos? u never had injuries during the playoffs

lmao

dropping 2 levels of gs will stop this? u buy a prof guy on thrus, he drops 2res, u train gs & he is back 2 prof & this will stop day trading?

roflmfao

+1 for this post it was the funniest thing i have read for ages

This Post:
222853.25 in reply to 222853.16
Date: 8/4/2012 9:38:43 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
You kind of miss the point of paying salaries vs not paying salaries.
I think I made it clear, that noone will buy players just to play them in scrimmages.

more hilarity dude u really crack me up

u already said as every1 knows that the prices drop a bit after the deadline (we shall see how much this season with prices already so low) but 1/4 of teams (every 5th & 8th team) are already paying no salaries so if they can get a guy at a cheap price it is a perfect time

lots more wont be paying salaries next week!

so they WILL be buying guys just for scrimmages THIS SEASON so they have those guys ready for next season

its really not hard 2 understand

This Post:
222853.26 in reply to 222853.23
Date: 8/4/2012 10:11:56 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
fine, the idea's not perfect. If you could help it to evolve instead to spit on it, the idea could be great.

The limit could be up to 40k for top division, 30k for 2.division, 20k for 3.division.... you see the point. I'm just throwing these numbers. Could be more up and down, but the general idea IS good.

This Post:
222853.27 in reply to 222853.20
Date: 8/5/2012 12:26:20 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
yep i was thinking that after id posted! hahha.
ill summarise and post something there.
i wish real life conversations and meetings could be moderated like that.... the amount of times i walk into a meeting at work, and people end up discussing something totally different...

maybe i should start conducting all work meetings in a BB forum page? hmmm.

This Post:
222853.28 in reply to 222853.25
Date: 8/5/2012 3:39:18 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
I'm glad you are amused:)

so there will be no transfers for the next 2 weeks?
Which part of paying salaries vs not paying salaries did you not understand?

but 1/4 of teams (every 5th & 8th team) are already paying no salaries
I said that TL dies if we move it 3 more weeks into the season. There will be no teams that do not have to pay salaries for those 3 extra weeks. Why spend money on salaries, when you can only use those guys in scrimmages. The salary change was introduced to not make the offseason a two week ghost town.

dropping 2 levels of gs will stop this? u buy a prof guy on thrus, he drops 2res, u train gs & he is back 2 prof & this will stop day trading?
As a experienced manager you should know that GS training does not guarantee you even 1 level GS increase. It makes me wonder have you trained GS more than once?
The "trade/playoff" deadline is here, I had to lower a bunch of skills on my saved searches to finally get a list of 20 players. When teams were paying salaries in offseason, there were actually more players on TL, everyone was trying to get rid of them. Just not many teams were willing to add anything to their roster. A large supply with small demand.
I don't know where your "glich" is but it's either reading or understanding...

I must applaud BB's for the FA change (and the salary adjustment every season), great way to get this games economy near equilibrium.

This Post:
222853.29 in reply to 222853.28
Date: 8/6/2012 8:27:52 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
natch i know training gs doesnt equal automatic +2 & the diff tween paying & not paying

u r right about if the deadline was moved 3 weeks earlier that may create a low period but u know managers if the prices drop they will buy

so far u werent as funny as usual but like the great comic u r u deadpanned it until the last line 2 leave us with another brilliant comic gem

I must applaud BB's for the FA change (and the salary adjustment every season), great way to get this games economy near equilibrium.

equilibrium? is that sarcastic? it must be sarcastic! brilliant!!!

so hard 2 read tone online 4 1/2 a second i thought u were serious

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

but no-one could really believe that this wildly fluxuating economy with plummeting player prices is an equilibrium?

surely??

not even u???

Last edited by abigfishy at 8/6/2012 8:29:28 AM

This Post:
222853.30 in reply to 222853.29
Date: 8/6/2012 10:20:22 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
surely??

not even u???
I actually do. Your idea of equilibrium is no free agents and teams sitting on money with nothing to buy. Prices raising to the roofs. Gotta love buying those 10k players for 1,5mil. Everyone is making a lot of money, noone is capable getting players to cap their salaries. We have been there before, you don't remember?
Current situation is a lot better.
I bet you are one of the people who laugh at people who crash their car, unable to understand that people might get hurt in the crash...

This Post:
222853.31 in reply to 222853.29
Date: 8/6/2012 11:08:39 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Are TL prices still plummeting? I don't think they are. They might not be rising but I don't think they are dropping suddenly and steeply at this point.

Does anyone know the actual % of free agents on the market? It is surely not 45%. I think it must be closer to 5%.

Once I scored a basket that still makes me laugh.

This Post:
222853.32 in reply to 222853.30
Date: 8/7/2012 8:46:31 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
i agree that would be bad

i dont think there is ever equilibrium but in a good market demand & supply will tend towards it

why would any1 pay $1.5 mill 4 a 10K player when u can train 3 of them in 1 season?

so every season of training i can make $4.5 million profit? rubbish!

i havent been around that long but 4 sure u r right players used 2 be way 2 expensive

$10k players = $1.5 million = bad
$300k players = $100k = bad

surely through limited turning on of the free agents each season we could achieve a good balance

@ the guy that asked what % FAs r i agree it is 5% or even less but that doesnt matter

90% of players listed are $1k turds worth nothing or real players listed way above what they r worth (according 2 current market prices)

jump on the tl @ any time of day or night & just book mark @ random the next 20 non free agents listed not @ $1 & guess what 90% dont sell

free agents sell, well mostly, so maybe they are 5% or even less of the market but they r probably 25% or more of $100k+ sales

This Post:
222853.33 in reply to 222853.11
Date: 8/8/2012 4:28:01 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I can't say if free agents are the reason for every downside this game might have but I can say I really miss those day where you bought several players - trained them, kept a few, sold a few, made profit and hoped to do a better job then your team mates.

Training did lose it's value towards the years and managers are now training more and more GS (Which was more or less the last thing you wanted to do back in the days...)

"Did you miss me??? - "With every bullet so far..." Al Bundy

To: Ehud
This Post:
222853.34 in reply to 222853.33
Date: 8/8/2012 9:52:24 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
totally agree back then training was really important now i think it is more for fun than to really help u win

a team training having to run young guys 48+ having to strictly follow depth chart & in the end having a player worth peanuts vs a team that can just run its best oster every game & have all in great gs each week by training gs

which is more of a challenge & more fun = the 1st

which will win more = the 2nd

the game is encouraging a more simplistic model of success that sucks the fun out of the game

Advertisement