Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
255864.24 in reply to 255864.23
Date: 3/28/2014 12:32:13 PM
Greensboro Generals
III.2
Overall Posts Rated:
I can see where the 25-30 pt statement comes into play, the losing team in the game mentioned above graded out much better overall however the game calculates the ratings but it did not translate at all on the stats, there has to be more than meets the eye there. I think in reality it can be anywhere from practically nothing to thirty or so points depending on other circumstances in play, GS, enthusiasm, tactics, and then adding this into the mix has created another layer of the onion to peel, it may not always work for ya, but it advances the conversation so I am down with it.

Last edited by Coach Lambini at 3/28/2014 12:32:53 PM

This Post:
255864.25 in reply to 255864.24
Date: 3/28/2014 1:45:08 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I can see where the 25-30 pt statement comes into play, the losing team in the game mentioned above graded out much better overall however the game calculates the ratings but it did not translate at all on the stats, there has to be more than meets the eye there. I think in reality it can be anywhere from practically nothing to thirty or so points depending on other circumstances in play, GS, enthusiasm, tactics, and then adding this into the mix has created another layer of the onion to peel, it may not always work for ya, but it advances the conversation so I am down with it.

What game are you referring to? The original poster has nothing at all to complain about as his ratings were not as good as the team that beat him and that's despite the winning team having his backups in the fourth quarter thanks to the 21 point lead accumulated over the first three. If you're referring to the game a couple of posts back, I'm not sure what criteria you're using to say the losing team graded out "much better overall" - the ratings were all within about a level in each category, split both ways. The team that won the game had a much higher PP100 performance, and had higher player ratings overall on average (sum of (player rating * number of minutes / 48)) / 5.

While the GDP can be conveniently blamed for this, my observation is that the major difference is that the team that won had double digit scoring from each of the SG, PG and SF, while the losing team had single digits for each. Inside scoring and inside defense on guards, of course, is not really at all reflected on the team scoring /defense ratings sufficiently but plays a real and important part in the outcome of games between LI teams. Il Tarzanello had 18 buckets from the 1, 2, and 3 spots, while Fantacanestro Team had 13 total from the 1, 2, 3 and 5.

Message deleted
Message deleted
Message deleted