BuzzerBeater Forums

Suggestions > Reduce Transfer Bidding Extension

Reduce Transfer Bidding Extension (thread closed)

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
15004.25 in reply to 15004.23
Date: 2/5/2008 12:24:17 PM
Overall Posts Rated:

3 minutes extension instead of 5 indeed will shorten the process, but there is no need to shorten it this way, you can shorten it by much more just by starting with a decent bid...

shortening the 5 minutes will only harm the sellers. Bidders can either take their time, or bid high enough to begin with, but of course never higher than you intend to pay for the player.

Considering 3 minutes works just fine in HT, I don't know how your can make the argument. Not buddy in HT is complaining that its too short or that the seller isn't getting the market value.

I really don't see why there is any need to prolong the bidding process -- let's just save everybody a little time.

Steve
Go Bruins!

This Post:
15004.26 in reply to 15004.25
Date: 2/5/2008 1:03:39 PM
Overall Posts Rated:

I really don't see why there is any need to prolong the bidding process -- let's just save everybody a little time.

indeed, and the same goes for the opposite, their is no need to lengthen, nor shorten anything here.
The only thing that is asked for is giving BBs a litlle more work than they already have, even if this would be very easely and fastly done.

there is no value what-so-ever in lengthening or shortening it. The sugestion is made for 3 minutes, why, because that is what it is in hattrick.

Why not make it 2 minutes?
why not 4?
why not 1?

BB decided it should be 5, and there is nothing wrong with it, so why would they spend time adapting it? Because an other game has it? didn't think so, because this takes to long, didn't think so... unless you, and all other bidders choose it to take long (if 1 bidder decides it shouldn't take long, he bids what he wants to spend, and likely gets the players since the vultures see no interesting prey anymore. If 2 players are truly interested and don't wait for the five minutes to almost end before they bid in the hopes the others would get tired of it, it won't take so long... So just don't play along with their game, play your own bidwar, if you don't like it to be timeconsuming, bid with bigger amounts at a time, and bid imediatly, you'll soon enough notice bidding doesn't take that long at all.
Fluctuations in the market? so what, is your maximum you want to spend on a player fluctuating from day to day? I guess not. Oh yes I try to buy them cheap as well, but I don't complaint if I need to spend much time doing so, also if I don't have time, or don't want to spend time and don't get the guy, I'm not upset, I wait for a next opportunity.

I am SO sure that if they would change it to 3, there still will be bidders comming in the last 10 seconds and bid again, it will be just a matter of time when players start asking to shorten it to 2 minutes to avoid those last-10-second-bidders.
Newsflash, they won't disapear, whatever the extension, they will always bid in the final 2 seconds hoping that you think you have the player and you don't saw them bid again. That is the tactic they use. Let me tell you, the shorter the extension is, the more this tactic is going to be used, since the shorter the reaction time of opponents, the more chance of succes they have.

I also realise that there will stay stuborn people that want to 'hattrickise' the bid extension nonetheless, It has to be, and it will be 3 minutes, because that is the way it should have been all along!

They are not your friends; they dispise you. I am the only one you can count on. Trust me.
This Post:
15004.27 in reply to 15004.26
Date: 2/5/2008 3:29:00 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
2 minutes might work too. All you really need is enough time for other bidders to get the updated bid and respond. No reason to drag it out any longer than possible.

Steve

This Post:
15004.28 in reply to 15004.26
Date: 2/5/2008 4:48:29 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
You make some good points, but you also make some silly ones. Obviously you can say "why not 4, why not 3, why not 2" etc until it's "why not 1 second" but that doesn't make it a good idea. Obviously there is a sweet spot where it's a good amount of time for all parties involved without being excessively long.

And it's not that I want to Hattrick-ise the BB TL system (far from it, I HATE transfer compare!), it's that 3 minutes is a good range of time. It gives those with slow internet connections time to bid, it's a good bit of time to decide if you want to bid more, etc. There really is no need for it to be 5 minutes.

This Post:
15004.29 in reply to 15004.5
Date: 2/8/2008 9:40:50 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Can't we just hire someone to go kick a user's ass when they bid with 10-30 seconds left? You aren't stealing anything buddy, just prolonging the process!!!

I mean, you can try... What if there's 40-90 seconds left in the bidding?

But I do this (sorry) when I am bidding on two similar players that end perhaps an hour apart. The idea is to extend the time of the first guy to coincide with the second guy so I can decide which is the better deal.

Normally, I'm bidding against the same 2-3 teams anyway.

I tend to believe that changing the extension from 5 minutes to 3 minutes wouldn't change this one bit (people do the same crap all the time in HT, and that's a 3 minute extension).

(http://www.buzzerbeater.com/community/fedoverview.aspx?fe...)
Keep your friend`s toast, and your enemy`s toaster.
This Post:
15004.30 in reply to 15004.1
Date: 2/9/2008 3:32:24 PM
Olympus Team
IV.4
Overall Posts Rated:
Well, it often happens that I get disconnected for a couple of minutes. So, I think that a 5 minutes extension prevents this kind of problem (I lost once an auction on hattrick because of that).

This Post:
15004.31 in reply to 15004.1
Date: 2/10/2008 12:44:53 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I do not agree - there are users which do daytrading/skilltrading if they like to profit from neverending trading cycle, they have to WAIT a and GET BORED

This Post:
15004.32 in reply to 15004.31
Date: 2/10/2008 1:06:45 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I do not agree - there are users which do daytrading/skilltrading if they like to profit from neverending trading cycle, they have to WAIT a and GET BORED

I am confused by your response.

Wouldn't a longer extension of time increase their waiting and boredom?

This Post:
15004.33 in reply to 15004.32
Date: 2/10/2008 1:17:02 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
on Hattrick it is 3 minutes - and we have there a LOT of DT/ST teams

here it is 5 minutes and I hope that longer wasting of a time in the market will have the positive efects against daytraders and we normal people can play this game like it should be played

buying/selling of a player for YOUR team should be an event, not fast three minutes something

This Post:
15004.34 in reply to 15004.33
Date: 2/10/2008 1:43:37 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I agree with your sentiment concerning daytraders, but I don't think shortening the bid time is going to increase/decrease the amount of Daytraders on BB.

IMO, daytraders have nothing better to do than sit on the TL all day anyway, regardless of the time extensions on bids. If they aren't already bored by sitting on the TL all day, then an extension of bid times isn't going to increase their boredom. I think what shortening the time will do is give DT's less time to react/bid on the players they are attempting to buy for DT purposes, especially if they are after more than 2-3 players at any given time.

This Post:
15004.35 in reply to 15004.34
Date: 2/10/2008 2:18:22 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
my god, another DT/ST game, you have a right!

anyway it is at least break against lucky buying of cheep players to sell them right away with profit

I still like 5 minutes:)

Advertisement