Suggestions > out right buy

out right buy

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
217836.25 in reply to 217836.24
Date: 5/20/2012 7:06:05 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
is that really meaningful, when i like to buy a player i usually bring his price into a realistic dimension. Which means when he started at 1k, and had some bookmarking bids my bid would be around 100k and 1000k, the other below 10k so the average bid is around 100k besides the existing offer from 1000k which is the only one who matters.

This Post:
217836.26 in reply to 217836.19
Date: 5/23/2012 1:55:00 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Not to mention when a player like Lan4ik

Whom has bids on 10+ similar players you are looking at. does nothing but buy up an entire roster full of the guys you would want to train. and then doesn't train half of them, or trains them all in stamina/free throws or something idiotic like that.

I start off betting from the get go as high as I can, until I'm at where I won't spend more. If I get the guy, awesome, if not (95% of the time or more) well, it sucks. Between 2 jobs, a wife, kids, I can't have constant attention for a bid war in 3 minutes. It'd be different if the page maybe updated itself every time a bet was received, or made a *ping* sound, or something

This Post:
217836.27 in reply to 217836.10
Date: 5/23/2012 2:26:26 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
ultimately if everyone listed their players for more near the price they want as apposed to starting 1 buck, then there would be less last minute bidding, then again most listed players for over 1dollar never sell anymore...and the economy is seriously messed up...there are dozens and dozens and dozens of players available with any imaginable skillset now and NO BUYERS for anything.
its amazing how many skills these players have and how little anyone will pay for them.... I think you need to spend 3times as much training players as anyone would buy them for. Buyers market now....but it does require bidwarring....

As always this game is aobut being someone constantly next to a computer. If you ahve a RL and don7t live next to a computer...this game sucks.

I agree to disagree with the bolded part.
In the last 3 hours I have stayed up, when I should be asleep to be fresh from work, to watch my bids of 68k on players that "go for 10-60k" THREE DIFFERENT TIMES, be out-bid and someone else gets the guy.

There are buyers if a player gets bid on, but if no one bids on the guy, people assume he's not worth it. I feel like OK.... NEW IDEA

If you didn't bid on the player in either day 1 or day 2 of him being on the TL. You can't bid on him in the last 5 minutes on day 3. so if you want him, you got to bid over-the-top instead of this, minimum higher bid BS crap

This Post:
217836.28 in reply to 217836.1
Date: 5/23/2012 6:58:09 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I think that charging a small amount of cash for each bid would help curve the sniping. I don't know how much money should be charged, but it would make sense that you'd have to use some resources to try to get a new player on your team.

This Post:
217836.30 in reply to 217836.29
Date: 5/23/2012 7:44:14 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
lots of ideas have been presented. I presented some ideas like~
limited number of times you can bid on a given player. Limited number of times you can bid on a given player within a given time frame. Limited number of bids you can make at once, in a given time frame.

Like if you could only bid once an hour, well you'd bid what you mean to pay...but lots point out this still would be at the very last second. It would be funny though.

Prob wouldn't solve it as you pointed out.

Other options is to have every auction processed same time each week, like right before or after financial update. In the interim everyone searches players availabel that week and makes their bids for what they will pay for players available. This would even out what is paid for what type of player a bit.

Along these lines... if people just bet what they were willing to pay for a player... and did not get to see who else bid, what the current bid was, etc. And then it processed and gave to the winner... I could see that working.

Another option is auctions being raised by larger amounts in the last hour of bidding, lright now its like 2% or whatever. Should be like 10% increase to bid in last hour. Then like 20% increase last 20 minutes, and 30% last 5 minutes, 40% last 1 minute.

Loving the theory behind this.

This Post:
217836.31 in reply to 217836.29
Date: 5/23/2012 7:48:48 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I don't think the same time process thing will be fair with so many countries and timezones present. Plus it still has the issue of people that have busy schedules (school, work, friends, trying to eat somewhere in there) would still be at a great disadvantage, probably more so depending on the time.

The X bid(s) per Y, I like. It makes sense, an organization would have to talk things over. Along with raising the increases, but their would have to be a ceiling (1.8 million @ 40 percent could be ridiculous) but 100,000 raised each bid would not.

I still think charging per bid would be beneficial and make managers decided how much they want to spend instead of trying to nickel and dime their way around.

Honestly I hate how much this game seems to revolve around free agency, but there is no way to be competitive without using it, especially early it seems.

This Post:
217836.32 in reply to 217836.31
Date: 5/23/2012 8:07:37 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I don't think the same time process thing will be fair with so many countries and timezones present. Plus it still has the issue of people that have busy schedules (school, work, friends, trying to eat somewhere in there) would still be at a great disadvantage, probably more so depending on the time.

The X bid(s) per Y, I like. It makes sense, an organization would have to talk things over. Along with raising the increases, but their would have to be a ceiling (1.8 million @ 40 percent could be ridiculous) but 100,000 raised each bid would not.

I still think charging per bid would be beneficial and make managers decided how much they want to spend instead of trying to nickel and dime their way around.

Honestly I hate how much this game seems to revolve around free agency, but there is no way to be competitive without using it, especially early it seems.

Not just that... but, the worst thing in the world. Is if Player A and Player B both finish auction around the same time. and I have all my money invested in bid for Player A, and someone "snipes" in, etc. There isn't always enough time if not supporter with transfer bookmarks, for me to go and search and find Player B whom is less skilled etc. and Get my bid in on time for him either. Now I have to bid on a different similar guy, who's auction ends in another 2-30 hours. Just to have the same last second-swooping in occur.

Newer Managers don't have the money to do the "minimum raise" bid on 10-50 players. like... lan4ik for example

This Post:
217836.33 in reply to 217836.32
Date: 5/24/2012 1:47:40 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
You can always use browser bookmarks or excel for your transfer interests. I usually have to use them aswell, as 50 ingame bookmarks is not enough. I hope they raise the bookmark limit soonish:)