Suggestions > Create U-23 National Selection

Create U-23 National Selection

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
262750.25 in reply to 262750.15
Date: 9/19/2014 3:25:34 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
If it's implemented, I'd like the 3 different NT coachs to be elected for 3 seasons. 2 seasons is too short

So we change everything in international competition ? World Cup is currently logical continuity of continental competition. It also means three different generations for U24 and U21, you might have only one good generation during those three seasons and if the results of one competition is depending of the other competitions, it's a problem.

You'll have to explain why you want 3 seasons and how it should be there. Not just asking for it.

Today, NT coaches are chosen for two seasons because we have two of them in each country : one election by season. If we have three NTs by country, it seems logical to me that those coaches get three seasons.
Just imagine the mess with two elections at the same time.

The idea of having a world cup qualifying tournament in the middle season is good too. There are not enough countries in the world cup as it is right now.

Le forum francophone dédié à Buzzerbeater : (http://buzzerbeaterfrance.forumpro.fr/) Vous y trouverez conseils et partage

This Post:
262750.26 in reply to 262750.24
Date: 9/19/2014 7:20:04 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
discussing everything and splitting hairs over the most trivial matters would just put this suggestion to "boring status" once technicalities rule this thread.

what i pointed out is that i definitely see more plus to this suggestion rather than minuses.

the plus points are on :
1. Continuity of training from u21 to NT ( u23/24 is the bridge that does that)
as was pointed out , that some managers lose steam in pursuing their U21 members to the NT as it takes about 3 years real time to realize that.

2. TRAINING ---- the core of buzzerbeater,, this encourages more managers to focus on this crucial aspect of BB

3. You pointed out that a possible negative would be the load on servers --- what if we do the U23/24s by zones like what the real FIBA does, select only the top 24 or 32 nations from the U21s.
That way it lessens the countries involved?

the suggestion can be 48 hours old or 48 weeks old but the core concept of it remains and it is a good idea by the OP

PS sir Perpete, if you look at my previous comment on top i was suggesting this in about 3 seasons time or season 30, so that development ( in case the BBs consider) and research can be fully done. At least you also said that u24/24 could one day be a possible addition to our game and that is fair enough for me.
peace.

Last edited by abu at 9/19/2014 7:23:04 PM

This Post:
262750.27 in reply to 262750.6
Date: 9/19/2014 7:34:43 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
you made a good point that u23/24 players comes from the u21 team, but there is also a possibility that managers train their youngsters for the u23/24 itself and bypassing the u21s if they do not believe in their u21 team manager, or if their players just missed the u21 squad, then they could further pursue the u23/24s.

that is what is good in this idea---continuity of training, and encouraging training to be done for the incentives it brings to managers.

the technical development of the idea can be handled later on , what is important is that the BBs see the benefits of the idea first.
you can suggest a ton of development plan but if the BBs are not sold out on the general idea then you are just talking to a wall

This Post:
262750.28 in reply to 262750.27
Date: 9/20/2014 4:21:39 PM
Mountain Eagles
III.1
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Ric Flair Drippers
I'd like to chime in on this thread.

I personally, like the idea of having U-24 teams. It helps the Country get better overall. It'll develop more well rounded players as well. If you don't have a shot for U-21 because you're trying to make a well-rounded center, no need to fear! In 3 seasons time after they're 21, you can pound on their primary skills, thus having a chance to be on the U-24 team. There are pros and cons to this tho:

PROS:

More training, more competition between managers. More points invested in drafts (because even 19 yr olds will have a chance) Also, more well rounded guys as stated above. Lowered prices a bit on Transfer list, but not TOO low I'd think either. Since guys with high skill sets either way will still go for chunks of cash.

CONS:

This could deflate the prices of TLs a lot. Also, there'd be more chaos at the offseason processing, but I'm sure we all don't mind that. This also could cause a LOT more free agents on the market, if a team quits and were training for U24, then more players would go into Free Agency.

Here are my questions though: As stated, there was a discussion about having 3 year seasons for Managers. Lets say Team A wins the continentals, what do they do in middle season (2) where the world cup qualifiers are playing? Since this team has already clinched it, a lot of managers would be like: "Whats the point in training for this season? We're not going to do ANYTHING" Which could be a MAJOR problem. Maybe I'm overreacting to it, but I'm pretty sure that would be one issue that rises. Would they just play scrimmages the entire season? Or what?

3 Time NBBA Champion. Certified Trainer. Mentor. Have any questions? Feel free to shoot me a BB-Mail!
This Post:
262750.29 in reply to 262750.28
Date: 9/20/2014 5:06:33 PM
Hamburg Albatrosses
II.4
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Korean S. Fighters
Thanks for you thoughts on the matter! As I suggested the (not very developed) plan of having a world-cup-qualifier-season as the second season in a 3 season election period, I had in mind that everybody INCLUDING the continental champions would have to qualify for the world cup. So no automatic qualification through the continental championship. If you look at soccer in real life, you always have to qualify for the championships, both european and world cup. And if we could give that qualification-round a character like having qualifications groups and after that K.O.-Rounds, that would probably be interesting...

just a couple of thoughts from me ...

Du hast nicht genug Geld, um dieses Gebot abzugeben!
This Post:
262750.30 in reply to 262750.1
Date: 9/20/2014 8:44:30 PM
Spartan 300
II.2
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Spartan Kids
Interesting idea, + from me, I'll keep the eye on the thread to see what will happen.

Cheers

This is where we hold them!
This Post:
262750.31 in reply to 262750.30
Date: 9/21/2014 5:55:30 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
After reading all the comments, I came to the point that this really seems to be a good idea and that it can be implemented in the future. However, as some said, I now think we need to change and also discuss this 3 things:

1 - Instead of being U-23, it should be U-24, as it makes more sense in the actual game.

2 - Make 3 elections instead of only 2 so that we can accommodate the U-24 election.

3 - Change the way that competitions are set, so that we could something suitable for a 3 sea on range so that way, each manager can evolve is national team throughout the 3 seasons he is in charge.

Last edited by Baavarick at 9/21/2014 5:59:26 PM

This Post:
262750.33 in reply to 262750.32
Date: 9/25/2014 4:29:41 PM
Braga SuperSonics
III.1
Overall Posts Rated:
Good. Could create a veterans' league +33 or someting as well.

With the amount of old players that exist currently in the game, this looks like a great idea.

Last edited by Jonas at 9/25/2014 4:30:24 PM

This Post:
262750.34 in reply to 262750.33
Date: 9/26/2014 5:32:06 AM
Hamburg Albatrosses
II.4
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Korean S. Fighters
also a nice idea, but i'd vouch to implement the u24 first, otherwise we'll have to discuss if we really want a four season-span with four national teams. 3 seasons seems a good deal to me whereas 4 (1 year in RL) seems a bit to long...

I would like to stick to the discussion about the u24-nt for now ...

Du hast nicht genug Geld, um dieses Gebot abzugeben!

This Post:
262750.35 in reply to 262750.32
Date: 9/26/2014 9:09:10 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
yes, i'll propose a name for the 33+ ------ sundowners tournament

Advertisement