BB Global (English) > New daytrading rules

New daytrading rules (thread closed)

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
264414.25 in reply to 264414.24
Date: 10/23/2014 11:16:21 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
IF BB had auto-bid I would be stoked. Since it does not, I hate the options for what it takes to acquire a player (bid-warring and being online when I don't want to be otherwise).
I agree with this. The distortion from not having autobids is significant both ways. Not only because you reduce the possible bidders for an auction, but also because conversely if someone stays up late or wakes up early to bid it's likely it will end up in a bidding war (people who went out of their way to be online, actually invested their time and won't behave rationally as they would if they had the option to set up a maximum bid and forget about it till next day).

Last edited by Lemonshine at 10/23/2014 11:16:36 AM

This Post:
264414.26 in reply to 264414.21
Date: 10/23/2014 11:20:35 AM
KS Goldena
PLK
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
KS Golden Grizzlies
It doesn't hit you so you are happy? I'm right? You are happy of my misfortune. Very human reaction Don't worry. Next sudden update can hit you...

Seriously. Read my first sentence again, please. It was honestly! It is fantastical update...but why so suddenly? Why not before the start of the new season?

Of course. I invested my money in LEGAL investition...and suddenly someone changed rules. It is ridiculous...but nevermind. Forget obout taxes.

You shouldn't change anything in this way. I'm customer. I simply don't like to be treated like that. Generally I think that this way of making changes is a bit unfair for customers. Rules must be clear and cannot be suddenly change.

This Post:
264414.29 in reply to 264414.26
Date: 10/23/2014 11:38:58 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
I completely agree with your points that the changes should have at least been hinted at beforehand like it happened in the past for other changes like GDP. At any rate all you Polish top teams are in the same boat with 15-20 guys bought for daytrading, so it's not like you will be at a huge disadvantage in your league :). As others pointed out, assuming you'd have made a profit before you'll probably still make a profit now. It doesn't change the fact that they should have announced it in advance, maybe you'd have bought 10 guys instead of 20.

Last edited by Lemonshine at 10/23/2014 11:39:29 AM

This Post:
264414.31 in reply to 264414.26
Date: 10/23/2014 11:44:27 AM
Sin City inFamous
IV.16
Overall Posts Rated:
Of course. I invested my money in LEGAL investition...and suddenly someone changed rules. It is ridiculous...but nevermind. Forget obout taxes

So, if i find a young with money, i can ask up to all his money for a candy which i payed 0,01€?

This is similar to your Legal investment.

in the natural market, if in a deal the opposite side has lack of info, you can cheat him.

buying a player for 1k and sold him for X time his value without training or so it's allowed, but it's simply use the lack of "fox sense" of some new players, so, in your shoes, i should not complain about the lack of info and the timing of this implementation

This Post:
264414.32 in reply to 264414.20
Date: 10/23/2014 1:30:53 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Great update!

But why you didn't announce it earlier??? You shouldn't change rules suddenly.

BTW

You announced the end of "let coach decide", people rebuilded rosters ---> "let coach decide" is still in use.
You didn't announce rising transfer taxes, people buy a lot of young players ---> suddenly you change rules

You can't do it in this way. Even the best updates will be badly received.

Using LCD doesn't negatively impact other users in any significant way. Using new teams' inability to understand the market plus the inexplicable ability to set a starting price much higher than the purchase price you just paid in the past week to finance your own team does have a negative effect on other users in a very real and immediate sense. Unfortunately, these changes really don't fix the problem entirely, since new teams are still going to fall for this and won't be helped in the least, but at least it puts the balance a little bit in the right direction.

This Post:
264414.33 in reply to 264414.26
Date: 10/23/2014 1:51:24 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Its also an online management game not real life pal. Im sorry that you will lose out but thats the nature of the beast.

This Post:
264414.34 in reply to 264414.31
Date: 10/23/2014 3:00:13 PM
KS Goldena
PLK
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
KS Golden Grizzlies
buying a player for 1k and sold him for X time his value without training or so it's allowed, but it's simply use the lack of "fox sense" of some new players, so, in your shoes, i should not complain about the lack of info and the timing of this implementation
I'm sorry but this is ridiculous argumentation for me. I can't complain about the communication between game developers and users because my players are bought by users with lack of knowledge? What is common in communication between game developers and users and users who are bought my players? These are two different subject.

BTW 1
It doesn't work exactly as you wrote. It is simply laws of the market. Actually, it is an influence of the supply and demand on the price. When you have a lot of goods on the market, price is low. This situation is after draft. We have a lot more young players in this time than other time in season. That's why price is much lower.

It is the same way I could write that people who sell for higher price before PO are cheaters...

BTW2
Why do you assume that people who buy these young players for example from me have lack of info or knowledge? Just because they are from furher leagues? Isn't it to simple? Acually it is wrong assumption. How often users in the highest league train young players? Of course not often. Users in further leagues more often. That's why they buy young players more often than users with higher leagues. Not because of lack of knowledge. Of course, sometimes players are bought by someone with lack of knowledge but the same happens with other transfers.

Morover, young players are often bought by experienced users who couldn't bid someone young exactly after draft time, when was the lowest price. Sometimes they are users who don't have enough time to search players. Sometimes user who are looking for exactly such a player

Conclusion is simply: If you want to buy good young players in good price, do it exactly after draft time.

But let's leave it. I don't want to talk about transfers of young players. I just want to suggest communication issue between game developers and users.

Last edited by kozlik4 at 10/23/2014 3:02:03 PM

This Post:
264414.35 in reply to 264414.34
Date: 10/23/2014 3:48:15 PM
Sin City inFamous
IV.16
Overall Posts Rated:
I'm sorry but this is ridiculous argumentation for me. I can't complain about the communication between game developers and users because my players are bought by users with lack of knowledge? What is common in communication between game developers and users and users who are bought my players? These are two different subject.

in fact, i wanted to focus on communication.

For me, you're a costumer of the game and they're a costumer of your players. So, it's the same role. You used the lack of knowledge, now developers are paying you with the same money, no knowledge about implementation. This is the main idea of my post.

other issue are only used for a "common" description of my statement.

Advertisement