BuzzerBeater Forums

BB Global (English) > NT injuries: do they ever last?

NT injuries: do they ever last?

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
39702.25 in reply to 39702.24
Date: 7/22/2008 11:48:05 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
NT games give experience, that is a fact.

I'm waiting for an answer on the injury front.

NO ONE at this table ordered a rum & Coke
Charles: Penn has some good people
A CT? Really?
Any two will do
Any three for me
Any four will score
Any five are live
This Post:
39702.26 in reply to 39702.25
Date: 7/22/2008 11:50:32 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Yeah that's what they say all the time. My player played many NT games and almost every league game and cup game for the last 2,5 seasons and he only got 1 pop in experience yet (from 1 to 2).

The facts / rules might indeed be like that, but my feeling says it's just not right.

Last edited by BB-Patrick at 7/22/2008 11:51:19 AM

This Post:
39702.27 in reply to 39702.26
Date: 7/22/2008 11:55:39 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
I've asked directly about this a crapload of times, and each time it's checked and confirmed.

NO ONE at this table ordered a rum & Coke
Charles: Penn has some good people
A CT? Really?
Any two will do
Any three for me
Any four will score
Any five are live
This Post:
39702.28 in reply to 39702.23
Date: 7/22/2008 12:19:34 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Basketball:
How many are played within the league season. Maybe qualifying games which is 2 games or something. How many games do they play in a league, 80?
How many internationall games do basketball have? As far as i know only the olympics. Which is once every 4 years.

That's 2-320 games. A really small percentage.

Soccer:

They play 30+ league games in a season. Where as maybe 2-4 games international. And it's not an annual thing too. Play international every 2 year probably. so about 6 games compared to 70 games they play in league. On top of that, the majority of their games are played outside regular season.

BB-Universe:

We play 21 games in a league-season + maybe 8 extra if you count cup games. And, what, 13 games international in a season?
And you say the chance of injury is the same in a regular game. So each NT player is facing a +/- 50% increase of getting an injury compared to regular players.

This Post:
39702.29 in reply to 39702.26
Date: 7/22/2008 12:20:57 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Yeah that's what they say all the time. My player played many NT games and almost every league game and cup game for the last 2,5 seasons and he only got 1 pop in experience yet (from 1 to 2).

The facts / rules might indeed be like that, but my feeling says it's just not right.

Experience grow slowly. We don't really know how it grows, either. It does seem though that all games give you the same amount of experience. I have seen a player pop after a NT game, so NT games do give you experience.

If BB is anything like HT, the going rate will be 2 full seasons for experience level pop. Given that BB is a total of 5 seasons old, it is not surprising that few experience pops have been observed. This rate looks about par to me, though.

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."
This Post:
39702.30 in reply to 39702.22
Date: 7/22/2008 12:35:15 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
First of all, it's not for the sake of the game. It's for the sake of the enjoyment of other users. What you're suggesting is hard-coding a sabotage tool -- I buy the strongest player on Bulgaria's rival teams, and pull him from the national squad. Perfectly legal. Go me!

I don't know many managers that value their NT over their own team.

'By far the easiest way' to solve headache is to chop someone's head off. Hmmm...

Oh please...

On top of that i could easily find a way to abuse this rule, in order to win the first league, as an NT coach. Not that i'm an NT coach, but you might see people invite a top-notch player from a competitive team in order to try and injure him via NT matches.

Oh please... if you really one of those managers that think knowing your opponents skills will win you your game and that skill attributes drive the game. Then I'll say that Injuring an opponents player is far more devastating than knowing their skills.

Once a player is branded an NT player, the manager will receive a handicap. An extra chance of an injury, without any advantages/compensation whatsoever.

Well how does 45-50% increased chance of injury sound to you?

Last edited by Legen...Riceball...Dary! at 7/22/2008 12:36:11 PM

This Post:
39702.31 in reply to 39702.29
Date: 7/22/2008 12:45:20 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
If BB is anything like HT, the going rate will be 2 full seasons for experience level pop. Given that BB is a total of 5 seasons old, it is not surprising that few experience pops have been observed. This rate looks about par to me, though.

Internationals pop way faster in HT than 2 full seasons. I think about 3 official games. Since we play 13 NT games a season, for some countrys almost all official, I would expect way more pops if the system would be like HT.

This Post:
39702.32 in reply to 39702.28
Date: 7/22/2008 12:48:26 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
How many are played within the league season. Maybe qualifying games which is 2 games or something. How many games do they play in a league, 80?
How many internationall games do basketball have? As far as i know only the olympics. Which is once every 4 years.

That's 2-320 games. A really small percentage.

are u series??? u dont seem to be very interested in basketballl....;-)

in basketball a lot more internationational games are played then in soccer.

each summer either an european championship or a world championship or olympics!

AND many many qualification and preperation games for each tournament. E.G. the captain of the german national team played more then 200 game with the national team

Last edited by Huzzel at 7/22/2008 12:59:47 PM

This Post:
39702.33 in reply to 39702.30
Date: 7/22/2008 1:22:22 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I don't know many managers that value their NT over their own team.

I will forward your opinion to the guys who are training Bulgarian NT players in detriment to their own team, they'll appreciate it. And these are just the extreme cases. My advice? Get to know more managers

'By far the easiest way' to solve headache is to chop someone's head off. Hmmm...

Oh please...

This was precisely the logic of your suggestion. So you're right there -- oh, please.

On top of that i could easily find a way to abuse this rule, in order to win the first league, as an NT coach. Not that i'm an NT coach, but you might see people invite a top-notch player from a competitive team in order to try and injure him via NT matches.

Oh please... if you really one of those managers that think knowing your opponents skills will win you your game and that skill attributes drive the game. Then I'll say that Injuring an opponents player is far more devastating than knowing their skills.

I am sure there is a reason why player skills are not visible to all. So yes, I am one of those managers who have a clue how to play the game, it seems.

Once a player is branded an NT player, the manager will receive a handicap. An extra chance of an injury, without any advantages/compensation whatsoever.

Well how does 45-50% increased chance of injury sound to you?

You mean from from a .05 to a .075 chance? Sounds great to me. I won't even go into the fact that your figure is ridiculously overstated.

Last edited by GM-kozlodoev at 7/22/2008 1:23:22 PM

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."
This Post:
39702.34 in reply to 39702.33
Date: 7/22/2008 1:32:11 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Let's try to hold off the emotional part guys.

This Post:
39702.35 in reply to 39702.33
Date: 7/22/2008 1:47:06 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
How overstated is it. If you play 50% more games than other players. And the odds are the same that you get an injury. I think you will have 50% more chance of getting an injury. no matter how small the %Injury per game.

I'm not saying that skills doesn't mean anything nor did i say that your inferior or something. I'm just saying that skill doesn't mean all, like most of the managers may think. I'm simply one of those managers who take into account other factors. Doesn't mean i'm a better manager, i simply try and valuate players more than just their skills.

Advertisement